Moparts

Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going?

Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 09/09/12 03:19 AM

It should be a good turn out just before the seasons end or rather should I say the good mineshaft air season begins. October 6th to be exact.
I as well as Al Levine Hemi-itis will be testing a new converter by then.
Posted By: Dads426

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 09/09/12 03:39 AM

We should be there. Come by and say Hi
Posted By: cowbay

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 09/09/12 03:40 AM

I will be there with the super car group

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 09/09/12 03:48 AM

Yeah, I'll stop by and say hey to you. What's the Bounty at the grill. LOL.
Testing the 60'ft line and for some reason my foot falls off the peddle at the 1/8th mile mark. LOL.
I love the Nostalgic 422 Allstars and the others at the event.
Track bites like an Asian Tiger mosquito.

Hope 383man 63' and Brian's AFX Altered 65'can make it.
Posted By: Abodyjohn88

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 09/09/12 05:13 AM

Hope to be there with my new bullet
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 09/09/12 12:44 PM

Quote:

Hope to be there with my new bullet

Gran Pappy showed ya a few old tricks??We goota keep an eye on you
Posted By: DANA60

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/01/12 12:31 PM

I plan to be there the whole weekend. Maybe Friday for some testing. I want to be in the tens, but slower then 11.5 for racing because of no bar and other stuff that they will insist upon.

Attached picture 7401893-IMG_3641_1_1.JPG
Posted By: 383man

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/01/12 06:31 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I'll stop by and say hey to you. What's the Bounty at the grill. LOL.
Testing the 60'ft line and for some reason my foot falls off the peddle at the 1/8th mile mark. LOL.
I love the Nostalgic 422 Allstars and the others at the event.
Track bites like an Asian Tiger mosquito.

Hope 383man 63' and Brian's AFX Altered 65'can make it.

I would love to take my 63 but as has been my problem this year is I am just very tight on cash. Being on disability I just cant seem to get ahead this year and have only done local cruises and a few car shows. I need new Hoosier 30 x 9 radial slicks also and to go that far (Atco) I would prefer a tow in case I would break. I can drive it but it would not be a cheap tow bill if something let go. You will see my brothers 64 Fury you see here there. If I can swing it I will try to come and just be a spectator. It does get me down knowing how much I would love to take my 63 but really cant afford it right now. Ron

Posted By: 65 NSS 500

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/01/12 08:00 PM

Might try saturday may be hard for me, Anyone staying for sunday. That still looks like a good time. Hemis, pre 75 vehicles

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/01/12 08:53 PM

Next year will be well deserved and rehearsed in your head so it will be more fun, plus not too many happy go lucky faces this year at the track because I feel that every one feels the pinch and not in the mood to really wail them out. I always believe that if the economy is doing bad and depressed, even having play money feels awkward and unreasonable.
It's like this, If you go to a movie theater and the movie sucks but no one wants to to get up and walk out in protest it makes for a very uncomfortable feeling. Lots of people now do not want to protest and are making it look like every thing is alright which maybe is good therapy, but at least you are honest about your situation and intentions. When the time is right and things are corrected, it will be a universal feeling of elation and play, hence the Drag strips will be on fire.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/02/12 12:44 AM

11secdart will be there!
Posted By: actionange

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/02/12 01:24 PM

"I would love to take my 63 but as has been my problem this year is I am just very tight on cash. Being on disability I just cant seem to get ahead this year and have only done local cruises and a few car shows. I need new Hoosier 30 x 9 radial slicks also and to go that far (Atco) I would prefer a tow in case I would break. I can drive it but it would not be a cheap tow bill if something let go. You will see my brothers 64 Fury you see here there. If I can swing it I will try to come and just be a spectator. It does get me down knowing how much I would love to take my 63 but really cant afford it right now. Ron"

Hey 383- I will pay your admission if you come to the event. No I'm not kidding. I'd like to meet you- the man, the myth, the legend. So come and see me when you arrive and I'll reimburse you the cost of getting in.
Any other members able to help him out so he can race his car and have a good time at the track?

Attached picture 7403647-resizedincarpic.jpg

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/03/12 12:01 AM

I'll chimmey in like a few gallon of race fuel or some thing for 383 though my own car is not ready with a new converter.

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/03/12 12:15 AM

I even have a used pair of 9 x 28 M/T ET Streets on cop car wheels that he can use. Not perfect but with a nice burnout should have no problem hooking.
Posted By: Dads426

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/03/12 02:37 AM

I'll pony-up a few bucks. Ron was nice enough to lone his trick valve spring compressor to me last weekend.

I think his main issue is getting his car there. His brother's car will probably ride up in Dave Collett's rig. Not sure if he has access to a trailer.

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/03/12 03:52 AM

In in for $20.I have no converter back either

Attached picture 7404933-IMG_1341.jpg

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/03/12 04:17 AM

Al, if it wasn't too far off I'd flip the cover for you to pick up 383 since we both are probably not going to make it with our cars.

I could go with my car but it has the same converter in it and it isn't doing much more than it has already.

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/03/12 12:20 PM

Hey 383 where are you?

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/03/12 12:36 PM

He's in Baltimore.

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/03/12 12:57 PM

I know that , I meant where did he vanish to here on the board?
Posted By: RalphsRapidTrnst

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/03/12 01:48 PM

SuperCar Group is coming out in full force. 383Man we have lunch covered stop by our pits.

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/03/12 02:55 PM

Watching Mother nature very closely.

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/04/12 03:38 AM

Quote:

He's in Baltimore.

Sorry as my computer got a virus and locked up the other day. I finally got it back up tonight with help from "64 Post" and "DaytonaTurbo". I really appreciate all the offers from you guys but I really need new slicks also and I just realized tonight I forgot about my automatic monthly payment to one of my credit cards that actually ran my checking account under a few dollars. And with my back giving me alot of trouble this week I just dont see how I could do it. I dont even know if I will be up to coming as a spectator this weekend. I really appreciate it very much guys but I hope I can get my Workers Comp case settled soon as then I may be in better shape. And I can buy new slicks over the winter. I could go with my brother to many NSS races to just help him but I just dont have it in me anymore to hang out and stand around at the track like I used to so I have to do it on a limited amount. I feel bad that many times my brother could probably use my help when he goes racing but I am just not up to it all the time. I am hoping my money problems are good next summer and maybe I make about 4 races over the summer and hopefully this will be one of them next year. Thanks again for the kind offers. Ron

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/04/12 04:02 AM

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/04/12 04:17 AM

Understood.
Hope it all lightens up for you and Family.

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/04/12 12:32 PM

Hope it all works out and we'll see you next year.
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/04/12 01:01 PM

Hang in there Ron!

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/07/12 02:19 PM

Quote:

I plan to be there the whole weekend. Maybe Friday for some testing. I want to be in the tens, but slower then 11.5 for racing because of no bar and other stuff that they will insist upon.

Nice to have met you yesterday. It appears you're gonna have to get that roll bar...
Too bad your starter let you down for additional passes...

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/07/12 02:30 PM

Had a great day yesterday with only that one "black cloud" sprinkle of rain.
Thanks to 422 for lunch (thanks Dink and Tony Silepina). What an impressive spread of great Italian food.
As if I didn't have enough in my cooler...
Also saw quite a few Moparts regulars yesterday.
Hopefully some pics will appear here as other than the track photographer I have nothing.
Congrats to Supercars Ralph for winning his eliminator.
Posted By: oldiron

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/07/12 05:59 PM

Angelo - CONGRATULATIONS! on you NSS Win - you done good
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/07/12 06:01 PM

I was all set to go , but I was stupid and believed the weather forecasters so didn`t come and of course it never rained here in North Jersey until today. Congrats Ange!!!
Posted By: oldiron

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/08/12 01:42 AM

A happy guy

http://www.davemilcarek.com/100612/pages/10-6-12%20fall%20classic%20324.htm
Posted By: DANA60

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/08/12 02:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Nice to have met you yesterday. It appears you're gonna have to get that roll bar...

Congrats Ange, too bad my starter went but hey it was a great day all the same. I'll ss ya at the next one.

Attached picture 7411510-IMG_NEWRRETOWN.jpg
Posted By: cb1289

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/08/12 02:43 AM

Congratulations Angelo!

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/08/12 03:17 AM

Congrats Ange,you mowed 'em down like a new lawnmower

The FINAL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf1S8ZoLlMA

Attached picture 7411588-IMG_4650.jpg

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/08/12 03:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Congrats Ange, too bad my starter went but hey it was a great day all the same. I'll ss ya at the next one.

Tim,good seeing you!Car is looking GOOD

Attached picture 7411595-IMG_4727.jpg

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/08/12 03:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

He's in Baltimore.

Sorry as my computer got a virus and locked up the other day. I finally got it back up tonight with help from "64 Post" and "DaytonaTurbo". I really appreciate all the offers from you guys but I really need new slicks also and I just realized tonight I forgot about my automatic monthly payment to one of my credit cards that actually ran my checking account under a few dollars. And with my back giving me alot of trouble this week I just dont see how I could do it. I dont even know if I will be up to coming as a spectator this weekend. I really appreciate it very much guys but I hope I can get my Workers Comp case settled soon as then I may be in better shape. And I can buy new slicks over the winter. I could go with my brother to many NSS races to just help him but I just dont have it in me anymore to hang out and stand around at the track like I used to so I have to do it on a limited amount. I feel bad that many times my brother could probably use my help when he goes racing but I am just not up to it all the time. I am hoping my money problems are good next summer and maybe I make about 4 races over the summer and hopefully this will be one of them next year. Thanks again for the kind offers. Ron

Ron,you were missed,sorry you couldn't make it.I did speak with your brother

Attached picture 7411602-IMG_4708.jpg

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/08/12 03:28 AM

Alot of super cool cars,,,,,,,,and some interesting charactors

Attached picture 7411606-IMG_4736.jpg

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/08/12 03:29 AM

Very cool

Attached picture 7411609-IMG_4632.jpg

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/08/12 03:31 AM

And this one

Attached picture 7411612-IMG_4634.jpg
Posted By: RalphsRapidTrnst

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/08/12 03:28 PM

Congrat's Angelo and crew of Correct Direction! A great event and very good representation from all the organization made for a great day of racing. Thank you Atco
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/09/12 12:46 AM

Congrats Angelo! Saw it from the stands.

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/09/12 07:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's in Baltimore.

Ron,you were missed,sorry you couldn't make it.I did speak with your brother

Yes he did tell me he spoke to someone who knew knew me from Moparts. Thanks , Ron

Re: Nostalgia Mopars at Atco, who's going? - 10/09/12 12:41 PM

Thanks - Ralph and Kevin.

And thanks to Atco for keeping the starting line prepped to perfection all day. The place was hooking great all day.
© 2024 Moparts Forums