Moparts

Building my next Race 727

Posted By: super451b

Building my next Race 727 - 08/31/12 11:39 PM

After having a transmission explosion two weeks ago , I've realized that it's time to bulletproof the next one. The parts list I have so far includes : bolt in sprag , billet drum, billet rear servo ,reinforced intermediate strut , and thick lug pump gears. Seems to be several choices available for each part. I'm wondering whos' parts, you experts ,would choose and why. BTW this build will have a LBA transbrake, havent decided which one yet.
Thanks
Wade

Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Building my next Race 727 - 09/01/12 12:08 AM

Sorry to hear about your problems.
I am in the process of pulling my trans AND engine,,,I know what happened to the engine,,not sure about transmission yet. I will be watching this as I am going to have to build alittle better trans myself.
Posted By: oldtimer5151

Re: Building my next Race 727 - 09/01/12 12:34 AM

Call Mr. Cope at Cope transmissions. He told me what I should use. He is a sponsor here, seems to be an honest guy.
Posted By: rebel

Re: Building my next Race 727 - 09/01/12 01:02 AM

Johns good for info & he has some hard to beat pricing on parts. i'm looking to buy his fully loaded billet drum set up to add to the collection of parts i already have to build a spare ready to go trans. the A&A LBA safe neutral brake is a good unit & it's one that John recomends, since i installed that in my current trans i've been holeshooting all my competition, money well spent there.
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Building my next Race 727 - 09/01/12 02:21 AM

Can't go wrong with CRT.

Here is the parts list of the 727 that John Cope built for my blown Hemi Duster.
http://hemiduster.com/crt_trans.htm
Posted By: super451b

Re: Building my next Race 727 - 09/01/12 03:44 AM

Thanks guys ! Has anyone ever dealt with TCS or A&A ? They're also sponsors here.
Posted By: rebel

Re: Building my next Race 727 - 09/01/12 03:49 AM

Quote:

Thanks guys ! Has anyone ever dealt with TCS or A&A ? They're also sponsors here.

yes, both TCS & A&A are good to deal with, only problem with A&A was they supplied a zillion religous stickers with their parts they sent me. could be worse i suppose. i have the TCS rollerised kit in my current trans, all good stuff.
Posted By: CRT

Re: Building my next Race 727 - 09/01/12 03:56 AM

Thanks for the kudos guys, Your checks are in the mail.
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: Building my next Race 727 - 09/01/12 09:30 AM

Can the MRVB with low band be used with the 5.0 lever?
What the diff between the CRT,A@A,Griner?
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Building my next Race 727 - 09/01/12 03:19 PM

For the sprag, use a 16 roller model, either the A&A Ultimate, or the Coan Super Sprag. Together with the aluminum or steel (not cast factory) front drum, the low band apply valve body, and transmission shield, you have taken the right precautions.

Attached picture 7359978-Coan_Super_Sprag.jpg
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Building my next Race 727 - 09/01/12 03:22 PM

Quote:

Can the MRVB with low band be used with the 5.0 lever?
What the diff between the CRT,A@A,Griner?

I don't recommend a 5.0 lever with any of those valve bodies. 3.8 or 4.2
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: Building my next Race 727 - 09/01/12 08:56 PM

Quote:

Can't go wrong with CRT.

Here is the parts list of the 727 that John Cope built for my blown Hemi Duster.
http://hemiduster.com/crt_trans.htm

been to his shop,he gets his hands dirty,races,and is full of info,and best yet,a nice guy! try and buy from him!...mike
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: Building my next Race 727 - 09/01/12 09:10 PM

Call Big John @ CRT to discuss your tranny needs. He has the know how and parts to assemble what you need for car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums