Moparts

Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park

Posted By: chris3

Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/16/12 03:36 PM

Has anyone attended this event that would comment good or bad. We are planning to attend and would like to know more about it from racers who have been there in the past. Thanks
Posted By: FOOLISH_PLEASURE

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/17/12 01:42 AM

Coming from NC just to let you know it is 1/4 mile race.I know most raers down your way run 1/8 mile.I try a few years ago to get them to run 1/8 and it rain that day and car count was low so they never try it again.They would get more cars if it was a 1/8 mile. But is a good show
Posted By: 1x59rr

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/17/12 11:43 PM

I go everyear and have a good time, both racing and showing. the car count is usually not extremely high on the mopar only day. The bracket finals for the IHRA area tracks (which is pretty much all of them except VMP) is that weekend as well. which i'm sure will have some effect on the car count.
Posted By: chris3

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/19/12 05:18 PM

Thanks for your response. We don't mind running 1/4 or 1/8 we have gear sets to run both. Z-Max, Rockingham and Fayetteville run both 1/4 and 1/8. We have never been to this event and I was told that there were very few race cars and vendor and almost no spectator participation. Just wanted comments before driving up there.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/19/12 05:41 PM

The IHRA Div 1 bracket team finals are Sept 27-30, 2012 at Richmond Dragway.
1. Sumerduck Dragway SD
2. Motor Mile Dragway MM
3. Maryland MR
4. Natural Bridge Dragway NB
5. Northeast Dragway ND
6. Roxboro Dragway RX
7. Richmond Dragway RD
8. Capitol Raceway CR
9. 75-80 Dragway SE

Other Division 20-23 Sep.
Posted By: Darrell

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/24/12 12:56 AM

It's a good show and race! No it's not a Rockingham or Farmington show but the tidewatermoparclub.com has done a great job over the years making it a good show for the spectators, show guys, and racers! I would say that if you are 3 hours away or so and the weather lQQks good, why not!
Posted By: Joel71

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/24/12 03:24 AM

One of the worst things about VMP is that Darrell will whip up on you and send you home! . For several years I wouldn't have driven across the street to go to VMP (95 miles from my house). Did a Test & Tune there Dec of last year and it seems they are getting their act together again. I still think the event as a whole is a bit disappointing but smaller events are usually less of a hassle.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/24/12 11:42 PM

When is it?
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/25/12 12:01 AM

I have been to a couple of Mopar events this year. Not too bad a car count. If nothing else, VMP always preps their track for maximum traction. Never had a hook issue there, even on T & T days. I'll be there running the MSHS series with Bill from Paramount Performance. Hopefully, we are finally ready to click off an 8 with his '07 SRT Twin Turbo Jeep.

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/25/12 03:01 AM

Quote:

When is it?

Sept. 22-23 with a Friday night street race/ T&T on Sept 21. I believe in the past Saturday wasn't an all Mopar event but it's been many years since I've attended one.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/25/12 07:52 PM

http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com/drag/MegaMoparActionSeries.aspx

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/27/12 05:13 AM

Quote:

http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com/drag/MegaMoparActionSeries.aspx

OK this is what I think will happen after looking at this link as it has happened before. Notice that you can get a half price T&T with any race class entry.

Why would you need this? Each class will be called up for a dial-in run one class at a time. Then those not racing (T&T) will be called up. After a while this will happen again. Eventually when no one is on the track the announcer will cry about this and beg more T&T entries to come up and run. If you are signed up to race they will turn you away since you have already had your alloted number of dial-in runs (most likely two).

So instead of letting racers have more track time they will let the track stay empty. This is no BS. I tried to make more runs before first round of eliminations started last time I attended this event and they wouldn't let me run!

I really don't know if it's the track people or the promoters of the event, but either way it makes no since. I hope this has changed but I'm not betting on it!
Posted By: bobbyb

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 08/27/12 02:58 PM

This year should be a little different than years past, mostly because its the last stop for the Mega Mopar Action Series. It should be a show worth attending if your close enough, like in the previous post said 300mi. or so, but for more info go to www.tidewatermoparclub.com and you'll see the flyer for the show and also read what the Prez of the club has to say in the "TMC forum" and go to "questions about Mopar Madness Shows".
Posted By: bobbyb

Re: Help Please, Mopar Madness Virginia Motorsports Park - 09/17/12 05:35 PM

© 2024 Moparts Forums