Moparts

Hemi crossram intake question.

Posted By: Tech Instructor

Hemi crossram intake question. - 07/11/12 02:42 AM

Is there any need for sealer on the intake bolts? It is a magnesium intake.
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Hemi crossram intake question. - 07/11/12 03:13 AM

I never used any. Just remember to re-torque them each time you got out til they quit moving.
Posted By: Tech Instructor

Re: Hemi crossram intake question. - 07/11/12 03:16 AM

Thanks
Posted By: calrobb2000

Re: Hemi crossram intake question. - 07/11/12 06:06 AM

hi
what is the proper torque for the factory mag intake , where is it listed ?

thank you !
Posted By: Craig

Re: Hemi crossram intake question. - 07/11/12 01:26 PM

I've always been told to just tighten them snug, same criss-cross in-out pattern as stock intake, the mag ones are easily cracked! I use a stubby ratchet with handle about 3" long and gently hand-tighten in steps. If the fit is good, it would seal without the bolts, just use them to keep pressure on the gaskets. Just beware the intake port bottoms tend to suck oil from the lifter valley, but this is corrected with correct machining, not manifold torque.
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: Hemi crossram intake question. - 07/11/12 01:39 PM

I always put some sealer on the bolts. 2 reasons one it help stop from sucking any oil up the bolt and 2 it helps them from backing out.
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: Hemi crossram intake question. - 07/11/12 03:04 PM

The torque values for the intake are listed in the Mopar hemi engine manual. They take different inch pounds on different bolts. It takes time to do it right. And as a previous poster said you will have to retorque several times after some heat cycles. It's worth doing right. Don't work on a Mopar without the proper engine manual. It's cheap and it can only help you.
© 2024 Moparts Forums