Moparts

I love you guys!!

Posted By: Diego_Ted

I love you guys!! - 07/07/12 10:58 PM

It has been a long time since I have visited with you guys whom I consider family here on the "Parts Unlawful Page." I am deeply saddened to hear about one of my close friends passing, 9 Second Phil. May God Bless his family and God speed to him. One day I will role up to the line and we will tear it up.

I apologize for being a lost soul here on the board. My life as I knew it has been altered by my job and the Vererans Administration. As I told you about a year and a half ago, we were mandated over time averaging 40 hours a month, thus not alowing me to spend time here with my friends and family.

We finished the NEMER "Agent Orange Project" in January or February of this year and I thought I would be able to return to the life I loved racing, shooting the bull and moderating with you guys. However, the secretary of the VA made an obligation that he would clear the backlog of cases by 2015, this has resulted in continuous mandatory OT. I see no end in sight.

As God as my witness I will return to the track and to the board sometime this year. I will not be able to race as I had in the past, but I have to get out there. I will continue to stop by as time permits because with the passing of Phil I relize that sometimes you cannot "get to it later."

So in closing, I hope the rest of my MOPAR family is safe and doing well.

Diego Ted
Posted By: dartman366

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/07/12 11:13 PM

Glad you stopped in, as I had been wondering what happened to ya' glad to see that you have been busy as your reason and not somthing else that is not so good, yes Phil's passing was a tragedy and he will be sorely missed by all who knew him.
Posted By: StrokerAspen

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/07/12 11:13 PM

Good to hear from you Ted, I was wondering where you were! I hope everything with work pans out for ya.

-Kenny
Posted By: brktracr

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/07/12 11:41 PM

Ted,
I know you will be back at the track when you can. Look at the bright side, you have a job, many don't. Hope to see you soon.

Durand
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/07/12 11:47 PM

We finished the NEMER "Agent Orange Project" in January or February of this year and I thought I would be able to return to the life I loved racing, shooting the bull and moderating with you guys. However, the secretary of the VA made an obligation that he would clear the backlog of cases by 2015, this has resulted in continuous mandatory OT. I see no end in sight.

Ted are we(vets) still able to put our paper work in
on the "Agent Orange" stuff, I have been lacks on it...
Thanks for any info
Good to see ya stop in
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/08/12 02:39 AM

Ted, as a disabled Vet I want to say thank you for your work at the VA. Lord knows we need all the good guys there we can get! As you already know the number of vets is on the rise as well. Under staffing has caused a back log that keeps claims backed up at times TWO YEARS! Maybe its time to call or write my congressmen about increasing funding for the VA so you guys get the extra help you need to catch up. Thanks again! Greg
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/08/12 02:47 AM

Quote:

Ted,
I know you will be back at the track when you can. Look at the bright side, you have a job, many don't. Hope to see you soon.

Durand

Posted By: moparpollack

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/08/12 04:24 AM

Ted, thanks for working all the VA problems for us vets! Just retiring the backlog or disability claimes is 5 to 9 months.
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/08/12 04:30 AM

Luv U too, Ted!
Keep up the good work and make sure your family gets some valuable time too.
Us cranky ol Mopar folks will be fine.
P.S. We will talk behind your back!
Posted By: Eric

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/08/12 04:33 AM

Miss you buddy
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/08/12 06:20 AM

Nice to see you post again...........it`s been a while. I Appreciate your job and look foreward to hearing more about your racing. Phil and I used to street race together back n the day and he is sorely missed. Peace............
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/08/12 06:51 AM

Ted! Great to hear from you! Mirada was sold after 28 years. Left me running a best of 9.93 at March Meet. Still have the Duster, but no power at this point.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/08/12 07:05 AM

Ted good to hear you are still out there. Hopefully soon we will see you out there again.
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: I love you guys!! - 07/09/12 02:44 PM

Thanks guys, it's great to here from you guys. Mr. P Body, Yes go talk to a POA (DAV, American legion, Amvets, ETC), they will help you out. One more favor, if any of you guys out there have detailed pictures of 9 second Phils cuda please post them or send me a copy, I have something in mind.

Talk at you soon Diego
© 2024 Moparts Forums