Moparts

MT ET Streets. When are they done?

Posted By: pinkduster

MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/01/12 02:58 AM

Like the title states. The Mickey Thompson ET Street bias tires. When is it time to replace them? I have had barely any tread showing for quite some time now. Tech has never said anything about them at Cecil. Last month, at the Grove, the tech guy said I need 2/32s, but let me race anyway. So after two days of racing, there is no longer any sign of tread. I guess it's time to buck up for new ones?

How long have you used them? Does 60ft. go away at some point?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/01/12 05:38 AM

My last set went into the cords at the track Can you post a picture of yours now? I run both the ET Street Bias plys and ET STreet Radilas, the radials will go a long ways and still hook outstanding after the center tread grooves are gone BTW, I have not run the radials into the cords, maybe close now on one set of 296x65x15, not on any others so far
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/01/12 05:39 AM

I just ordered a set my self.

Attached picture 7272250-5.27.12055.jpg

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/01/12 05:42 AM

Those look like Sportsman Pros or Pros, not ET Streets

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/01/12 05:47 AM

Quote:

Those look like Sportsman Pros or Pros, not ET Streets

Right you are Cab,but you'll notice they are DONE!They were usless for me,but I squeezed 3 seasons out of them I am trying the bias E/T streets looking for traction on the street

Attached picture 7272259-5.27.12056.jpg
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/01/12 06:33 AM

Quote:

Thats when the Sportsmans Pros work the best - almost no tread lines to where the cord shows.

Attached picture 7272321-ET.jpg

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/01/12 03:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thats when the Sportsmans Pros work the best - almost no tread lines to where the cord shows.

They NEVER hooked for me.You can have them

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/01/12 05:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They NEVER hooked for me.You can have them

I don't know anyone who has some power that could hook on the Pros or Sportmans Pros The ET Streets are another subject altogether, neck snapping acceleration The tire lifes is determined by the driver

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/01/12 07:34 PM

Cab,are you sayin' that I might acually finally get traction in the street???? .....wait
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/01/12 07:41 PM

I find that the ET Streets have MINIMAL more traction than a regular tire on the street. I can blow them off like a John Force burnout if I take off like I do at the track. But on well prepped track, they work great for me. So Hemi itis, don't expect miracles with your new tires.

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/01/12 07:50 PM

Geee,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/02/12 02:48 AM

Quote:

I find that the ET Streets have MINIMAL more traction than a regular tire on the street. I can blow them off like a John Force burnout if I take off like I do at the track. But on well prepped track, they work great for me. So Hemi itis, don't expect miracles with your new tires.

for me it all depends on pressure. On the street I run them at 25-30psi, and they will spin up a bit with my weak smallblock, but at 16-17 at the track, they hook great. No input as to when they are "done" this is the first set of ETs I've had.

That being said, anyone I know that ran sportmans/pros was never able to hook with them

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/02/12 02:55 AM

How about backing into your own rubber,anyone try that yet??

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/02/12 03:03 AM

Quote:

Cab,are you sayin' that I might acually finally get traction in the street???? .....wait

Probally a lot more than you have now with those(Pro or Sportsman Pros) tires on their best day I can spin them on the street, 13.5x30x15 with 15+ lbs in them, they dead hook at 9.0 to 11.0 lbs at the track, 1.41 60 ft. times. If I run 10 lbs on the street they will spin a little and then hook. The ET Street Radials of the same size will not hook on the street with my car The radials are faster at the track(1.39 60 ft last weekend ), when it is good, than the bias plys are If the track is bad the bias plys are easier to drive and race on
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/02/12 03:11 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I tried it. I did a 10 second tire melting burnout and laid down 50 feet of melted rubber down on the highway on a hot day then backed onto my tracks with my 26x11.5 et streets @ 15 lbs. Net result was worthless, My typical 4500 rpm launch that I can occasionally hook here and there turned into 200' of tire stripes- so for me- there was no gain in traction.
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/02/12 03:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

My car will usually run the same 60' on a set of 28x13.50 ET Streets as a set of 28x10 slicks - 1.50-1.52. A new set of 28x13.50 Sportsman Pro's start at 1.70 and stay there till the tread is gone, then I can get 1.55-1.57's out of them. I even got a couple of 1.57's out of a set of "worn out" 28x10.50 Pros a buddy had thrown away. As to tread life, the ET Streets last at least twice as long as the Sportsman Pro's do.

Now for the bad news. Once I went to 325/50/15 MT Drag Radials I'll never go back to a bias ply tire. I can run the same 1.50 60's and the radials feel soooooo much better on the street and top end - none of the bias ply wander and pretty good tread life.

BTW my Signature pic (see attachment) is a 1.51 60' on a set of 26x9 slicks, with only about 7 1/2PSI due to a faulty gauge. Left hard, but would try to do the "Hamster Dance" at about 120+.

Attached File
7273590-Spirit2.pdf  (104 downloads)

Re: MT ET Streets. When are they done? - 07/03/12 02:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, I tried it. I did a 10 second tire melting burnout and laid down 50 feet of melted rubber down on the highway on a hot day then backed onto my tracks with my 26x11.5 et streets @ 15 lbs. Net result was worthless, My typical 4500 rpm launch that I can occasionally hook here and there turned into 200' of tire stripes- so for me- there was no gain in traction.

Thanks,they did not come in yet but that's what I will try.I still need to buy new belts and recert the car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums