Moparts

front air damn 69 B body

Posted By: Clanton

front air damn 69 B body - 06/25/12 01:35 AM

I cut some .060 to make this to get some more air the radiator and its other effects.I need to strap or support the front of it but what do you think of the angle?

Attached picture 7264132-imagejpeg_2.jpg

Re: front air damn 69 B body - 06/25/12 01:37 AM

frt view.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: front air damn 69 B body - 06/25/12 04:23 PM

Is your car running hot? looks fine, maybe paint it satin black
Posted By: jcc

Re: front air damn 69 B body - 06/25/12 08:15 PM

1. Angle is not very important to begin with
2. I would however gone a lot wider, and likely get the same end result, and slightly shallower

Posted By: Big B

Re: front air damn 69 B body - 06/25/12 11:30 PM

I vote for removing it and fixing the cooling system.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: front air damn 69 B body - 06/25/12 11:58 PM

I say put a dust pan on both sides... Seriously, fix the cooling system and if you still feel like you need one of these, then run it all the way across and run it under the radiator support so it will act to create a vacuum for the radiator to hopefullypull more air thru it. the whole front end on the 68 B body is open,so how much more air do you really need. Figure out what is making it over heat now and fix that first. I don't think what you have in the picture will be much help if any.

Re: front air damn 69 B body - 06/26/12 01:50 AM

well what i put on is like what was used in nascar back in the day on a B body.What i have feeds direct to the rad and is from frame rail to rail so any wider and it takes air from the wheel well[not a bvad thing].I was thinking of painting it black as long as the aluminum is all scratched.
Posted By: theraif

Re: front air damn 69 B body - 06/26/12 02:59 AM

make it little longer and put a brace in the middle so next time your at the track your get alot of looks

Re: front air damn 69 B body - 06/26/12 03:08 AM

Quote:

make it little longer and put a brace in the middle so next time your at the track your get alot of looks

Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: front air damn 69 B body - 06/26/12 06:18 PM

is it for looks or do you need more coolong? the reason old NASCARs had the dam is because they blocked off some of the grill for areodynamics.

Re: front air damn 69 B body - 06/26/12 06:42 PM

I am doing it for cooling.
Posted By: 69hemibeep

Re: front air damn 69 B body - 06/26/12 06:54 PM

I take it your missing this part that helps force the grill air to go through the radiator. It bolts up between the bumper and radiator support https://www.autometaldirect.com/store/pr...er-Shield-Lower

Re: front air damn 69 B body - 06/26/12 07:02 PM

Quote:

I take it your missing this part that helps force the grill air to go through the radiator. It bolts up between the bumper and radiator support https://www.autometaldirect.com/store/pr...er-Shield-Lower

NO i have that!I need to seal the hood to the rad to help the air also.
© 2024 Moparts Forums