Moparts

Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags

Posted By: moparniac

Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 09:33 AM

I know alot on here for some time wanted something like this and josh said with enough interest he may give it a try and set down some rules!

who is in!

Posted By: 1fastaspen

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 12:32 PM

I would like to but my junk is to slow
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 12:37 PM

I might be... but the rules would dictate that
Posted By: fig426

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 12:39 PM

I would be if I get the engine back together before then.

Attached picture 7260512-389332_3624445084040_1142207389_n.jpg
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 12:55 PM

I'm not sure what rules we need...

Some suggestions to consider
No power adder pump gas only dot tire no open body car plates and insurance take a 30 mile drive.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 12:55 PM

What type of rules are we looking at? Will poweradders be allowed?

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 12:59 PM

Quote:

No power adder pump gas only dot tire no open body car plates and insurance take a 30 mile drive.

Ok, so your talking street cars instead of a pump gas
engine... also is E-85 considered pump gas.. might
look at the Rampage for this
Posted By: fig426

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 01:02 PM

Quote:

I'm out with the 30 mile drive. My car has never seen 1 road mile since 10/69 when it was built. Been a drag car it's whole life. It could do road duty, but personally I wouldn't since it never has.

Attached picture 7260532-311951_2292891215663_786856360_n.jpg
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 02:46 PM

Quote:

No you're talk'n.....My car has/can do all of these, but it is probably too slow.

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 07:41 PM

I'm just throwing out ideas. The drive isn't necessary. Whatever the majority wants.
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 08:27 PM

Why don't you just do a 30 min ride, 3 back to back passes. Add all 3 passes together lowest combined et wins. Do like 4 classes fastest overall in each wins.

unlimited class
smallblock NA
bigblock NA
3g hemi to get all the newer cars.

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 08:49 PM

Anything would be okay by me.... however this is what I think would be cool!

NA pump gas only (meaning anything up 87 to 93 cause its everywhere)

Drive 30 don't really think its needed (however I am awaiting for my DADS custom fuel cell to show up and its a split setup that holds 26 gallons )

weight. whatever

I also think "pro street" type cars should be allowed (like back half jobs) lots of old school pump gas streeters out there

Any DOT tire
Any engine

Mopar car / Mopar powerd

Full interior ( I have a real full interior) but 2 seat only jobs is good by me...

Im not trying to dictate the rules just my opinion...

Heads up 1/8th mile like joshes other event so a slower car has a good chance ..

anyone have any other ideas...
Posted By: W9 Dart

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/22/12 09:23 PM

I like the idea of power adders... Seeing is how my pump gas gen 3 is boosted.
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/23/12 04:19 AM

E-85 is common and gaining popularity in the midwest, so I think it should be allowed. After all it is "pump gas."
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/23/12 04:26 AM

So is 110 around here if you want to call it pump gas.

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/23/12 04:26 AM

Quote:

E-85 is common and gaining popularity in the midwest, so I think it should be allowed. After all it is "pump gas."

Thats my opinion also.... I'm not running it on my
Rampage but do on the race car

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/23/12 04:44 AM

E85 is pump gas in my opinion.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/23/12 04:53 AM

If e85 is allowed I'm in for sure, won't have to change to my small motor to run. If no e85 then we need poweradders for sure, because my 408 sb can't hang with a 572 bb.
Posted By: meus31

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/23/12 11:02 PM

let the cruise dictate what is and isnt a street car the less rules the better it will work the tue sstreet nmce format works well and gives the slower cars something to shoot for . awards for closest to 13 and 14 and 12 and 13 and so on award for fastest na that way every one has something to shoot for and keep money out of it make it all about bragging rights big trophy and a jacket or something . if done right i think this could rock thanks for listening josh and every one who would honestly participate put in your input.
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/23/12 11:24 PM

pump gas is pump gas...i can go to the local gas station and pump out 110...So to me 110 is pump gas.(its sold from a gas station and it comes from the gas pump...

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/24/12 12:20 PM

Posted By: 65 Hemi

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/24/12 02:40 PM

Why not limit it to NA, stock style front suspension, Dot tires, with a 20-30 mile drive. Let the drive dictate the street car. May get a better turn/payout.

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/24/12 03:30 PM

hope this happens

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/24/12 03:57 PM

Quote:

let the cruise dictate what is and isnt a street car the less rules the better it will work the tue sstreet nmce format works well and gives the slower cars something to shoot for . awards for closest to 13 and 14 and 12 and 13 and so on award for fastest na that way every one has something to shoot for and keep money out of it make it all about bragging rights big trophy and a jacket or something . if done right i think this could rock thanks for listening josh and every one who would honestly participate put in your input.

I like the idea of few rules... and if you can run
the X amount of miles... keep it as open as possible...
since some dont like the idea of E-85 being pump gas,
make it 93 octane max
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/24/12 11:36 PM

Pump gas is 92 as far as I am concerned. Hell I can drive up and get 116 out of a pump here.. gotta have power adders!
Posted By: knyech1

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/24/12 11:50 PM

If backhalved cars are allowed slicks should be allowed IMO. My car is backhalved, I drive it on the street all the time and go to the pump when it needs to be fed. It's slow, radials or slicks so I don't see what the fuss would be if you have slicks. The playing field is equal either way. I don't like being forced to do big burnouts on $850 worth of street tires that's all...

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/25/12 12:03 AM

pump gas
1/8th mile
heads up
pro tree
dot's

anyone could win

maybe just make same rules but 1 NA class and 1 PA class

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/25/12 12:49 AM

bingo

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/25/12 12:58 AM

Well if your talking this direction... no trans brakes
or electronics... just like a street car... insurance
and plates
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/25/12 01:03 AM

There should be a drive involved, if this is for street cars. Pump gas limited to 93 octane. Plated and insured. DOT Tire. Two classes, NA class and Power Adder Class. Not one for all.

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/25/12 01:07 AM

Quote:

There should be a drive involved, if this is for street cars. Pump gas limited to 93 octane. Plated and insured. DOT Tire. Two classes, NA class and Power Adder Class. Not one for all.

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/25/12 06:01 AM

Quote:

yea and NO mixing gas either! Im the KING of NA pump gas around here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGaM3_XAh28

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/26/12 12:06 AM

sledge that guy tree d you
Posted By: slippery440

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/26/12 01:20 AM

AND BEAT HIM Big fish in little pond
Posted By: hemidup

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/26/12 03:48 AM

I'm game. Same as Memphis rules...No lifting the hood. I also like the idea of 2 seperate classes...N/A and PA

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 06/26/12 05:22 AM

Quote:

AND BEAT HIM Big fish in little pond

I drove right around him and crossed the finish line first!

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 07/06/12 06:48 PM

Quote:

and plates

Why can't there be electronics? There are cars that have factory two-steps out there. My car has plates and insurance and I drive it on the street, but there aren't DOT drag radials or "DOT slicks" that are available for my tire size. Still not understanding why it is being firmly proposed that slicks are not going to be allowed, because everyone knows that everyone will use slicks with a slit the thickness of a butter knife in them in the form of "tread". It's no different than a slick, really.

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 07/06/12 07:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

and plates

Why can't there be electronics? There are cars that have factory two-steps out there. My car has plates and insurance and I drive it on the street, but there aren't DOT drag radials or "DOT slicks" that are available for my tire size. Still not understanding why it is being firmly proposed that slicks are not going to be allowed, because everyone knows that everyone will use slicks with a slit the thickness of a butter knife in them in the form of "tread". It's no different than a slick, really.

Because everyone knows slicks are ILLEGAL on the
street... if this is to be street cars make them
a legal street car... DOT tires
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 07/06/12 07:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

and plates

It IS different if they are a DOT approved STREET LEGAL tire. That's not a RACE slick, although I get your point.

What size are your tires? Hoosier and MT make some type of DOT tire in many sizes...

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 07/06/12 07:41 PM

don't think its gonna happen as it's not on his flyer... oh well! maybe another time.

http://monstermopar.com/forum/index.php?topic=1582.0
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 07/06/12 07:48 PM

Quote:

I don't like being forced to do big burnouts on $850 worth of street tires that's all...

What the hell kinda tires you running? my big ol'hoosiers run $240 a tire and my et radials are $225 a tire.. I think your supplier is getting rich!

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 07/07/12 06:06 PM

hope you really consider this next year josh thanks

Re: Monster Mopar Pump Gas Drags - 07/07/12 10:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

and plates

It IS different if they are a DOT approved STREET LEGAL tire. That's not a RACE slick, although I get your point.

What size are your tires? Hoosier and MT make some type of DOT tire in many sizes...

My tires are a 32X14.5W and I cannot seem to find a DOT tire that would fit. I have 33X22 MT SR radials under it now, would prefer not to burn them up. I understand the whole race slick thing, but honestly a thin groove makes no difference.
© 2024 Moparts Forums