Moparts

'Cuda battery kill switch location w/push rod

Posted By: Chucklehead

'Cuda battery kill switch location w/push rod - 06/17/12 05:43 AM

Can you post some pictures of how you mounted a battery shut off switch using a push rod to move the switch. This for a street/ strip car and was trying to find a place to mount it and where the rod exits through the rear panel. Trying to make it a clean look. Thanks.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: 'Cuda battery kill switch location w/push rod - 06/17/12 05:56 AM

I dont have a E body so I cant help with pics... BUT
make sure you put it where the safety people can see
it and get to it EASY(remember it might be YOUR life
that they might be trying to save)... plus it has
to be labeled ON OFF .... also make sure that you
have it so its PUSH in to turn it off... I have seen
them where it was set up to pull to turn off... when
the car launched it would slide the rod back and shut
it off(G-force)... just for your info
Posted By: 1962Savoy

Re: 'Cuda battery kill switch location w/push rod - 06/17/12 12:16 PM

Quote:

Can you post some pictures of how you mounted a battery shut off switch using a push rod to move the switch. This for a street/ strip car and was trying to find a place to mount it and where the rod exits through the rear panel. Trying to make it a clean look. Thanks.

its not a Cuda but I hate punching hols in good tin so I put it through the back up light

Attached picture 7253398-april3011020.JPG
Posted By: Dragula

Re: 'Cuda battery kill switch location w/push rod - 06/17/12 01:55 PM

Quote:

No rod, but the key hole position worked for mine....

Posted By: mokid

Re: 'Cuda battery kill switch location w/push rod - 06/17/12 02:00 PM

Quote:

I would also look into installing the lokar cut off switch I can't tell you how many times you get buckled in and forget to turn rear cut off switch on, Its nice to just be able to kill everything without fumbling around.
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: 'Cuda battery kill switch location w/push rod - 06/17/12 03:37 PM

Key hole here too...

Attached picture 7253551-trunk.JPG
Posted By: racerx

Re: 'Cuda battery kill switch location w/push rod - 06/18/12 01:08 AM

mine
© 2024 Moparts Forums