Moparts

Congrats mr gup

Posted By: old yeller

Congrats mr gup - 06/11/12 06:44 PM

On the win...I wasn't going to say anything and let you have your fun with this win...But i think some people need to know the other side of this race...You Knew that i had hurt the motor the pass before,and the only reason i raced you cause alot of people wanted to see this race go down...You and i had talked about i just redlight(that was before they took the tree down)But i didn't want to let the bird fans down that way..i told josh not to put up the money cause the bird's motor was hurt..but he did anyways!,are game plan was to go to the lanes and hope you read lit or broke something(sorry)-but you didn't so i went for the chase on 7 cylinders(we had taken out 2 lifters,2 push rods and rocker arms and caped off the the nos/fuel lines going to the #6 cylinder and took off the #6 spark plug wire(we have done this before)Gup i really like you alot you feed us and offered us anything that we needed...but if i were you i wouldn't call my brother inlaw meat ball anymore...he doesn't have a sence of humor like me sometimes!!,I have no doubt that you will give me a rematch you seem like a stand up guy...by the way did anybody read the rules...winner was to weigh their car...take care mr gup.
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/11/12 07:03 PM

Posted By: moparniac

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/11/12 07:03 PM

Quote:

On the win...I wasn't going to say anything and let you have your fun with this win...But i think some people need to know the other side of this race...You Knew that i had hurt the motor the pass before,and the only reason i raced you cause alot of people wanted to see this race go down...You and i had talked about i just redlight(that was before they took the tree down)But i didn't want to let the bird fans down that way..i told josh not to put up the money cause the bird's motor was hurt..but he did anyways!,are game plan was to go to the lanes and hope you read lit or broke something(sorry)-but you didn't so i went for the chase on 7 cylinders(we had taken out 2 lifters,2 push rods and rocker arms and caped off the the nos/fuel lines going to the #6 cylinder and took off the #6 spark plug wire(we have done this before)Gup i really like you alot you feed us and offered us anything that we needed...but if i were you i wouldn't call my brother inlaw meat ball anymore...he doesn't have a sence of humor like me sometimes!!,I have no doubt that you will give me a rematch you seem like a stand up guy...by the way did anybody read the rules...winner was to weigh their car...take care mr gup.

so I got had for $200
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/11/12 07:34 PM

That a shame you hurt the motor..I give you a thumbs up..you still ran the race. At lease the race when down. Everyone was looking forward to it.been real easy for you to call it off. I still like you ED and I am sure you Gup will race again !I was rooting for you.. that open trailer kind of digs at my heart..Never met Gup. but sounds like a real nice guy.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/11/12 08:24 PM

birdman
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/11/12 08:56 PM

stand up guy there bird ..you still the word..
Posted By: Red440

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/11/12 09:39 PM

Birdman, you did say you were willing to blow it up and you did so hats off to you. I think you earned the respect of everyone involved. BTW I would love to see a rematch, any experienced racer could see you had a problem of some kind. that was a big belch off of the brake and your car just did not seem to accelerate as it should have, no disrespect to Gup he has a great car and is a top racer
Anyway thanks for some good entertainment and best of luck to both you and Gup.
Posted By: produster

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/11/12 10:13 PM

Hats off to you Bird!!

I too would love to see a rematch. I think Josh should give it top billing.

Bird you and Guppy have some bad boy toys.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 01:20 AM

Quote:

Hats off to you Bird!!

I too would love to see a rematch. I think Josh should give it top billing.

Bird you and Guppy have some bad boy toys.

I agree
Posted By: SB412DUSTER

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 01:24 AM

Bird is still my Hero
Posted By: jamesc

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 01:52 AM

props to all that made this happen, it's a good thing. shame bird hurt his motor but he was there and still took the shot like any true racer would
Posted By: W9 Dart

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 02:43 AM

Bird,

That's a standup commitment. You said you would be there and you were. Not many folks these days can say they would have done what you did! Rock on bud.
Posted By: demongup

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 02:44 AM

CAN U FEEL THE LOVE ...... Thanks for the respect .

Now my side of the race , we did not race for the 2,000. I said ,just race for the punk out money . I offered this option so you would put it in the beams, as u did. Either way I was getting the $500.(unless I malfunctioned ) as this race was locked in and we were both there . I would of gave u the money if I broke before we raced. BIG THANKS TO JOSH FOR DOING THE RITE THING! This was my first "GRUDGE" race and won't be my last.

The car was weighed every pass and met the 3,000 lbs

Tell "MEATBALL" I wont call him that anymore......."PORK CHOP " is way better.

Until next time ....I'll get u JOE DIRT.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 04:13 AM

Congratulations to both guys. Its been very interesting around here for a change. Be safe, be fast, and have a great race season.
Posted By: racer_amx

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 04:18 AM

Congrats to both participants
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 05:00 AM

Quote:

Bird is still my Hero

X2.......always respected him too.

Wes
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 05:12 AM

Rematch at Indy then?
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 02:14 PM

Quote:

Rematch at Indy then?

As soon as i get my head back i'll be ready,..Mr gup i'll ask him if he likes the word pork chop better...lol

joe dirt....life is a garden....Ya Dig.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 06:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Bird is still my Hero

X2.......always respected him too.

Wes

Thought the bird didn't look right on that launch- hate to hear you hurt it. Hope it's not too serious.
Get him next time, bird.

Tim
Posted By: BB Dart 69

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 06:17 PM

Quote:

No need to explain Bird ,your still a WINNER
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/12/12 06:24 PM

Quote:

Rematch at Indy then?

that would be a prime reason to be there this year
Posted By: Hitman340

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/13/12 01:07 AM

I would be proud to stand up in front of any croud and call eather one of these guys my friend.
Thank you both for making the trip and for putting on one Heck of a show.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/13/12 01:11 AM

Quote:

I would be proud to stand up in front of any croud and call eather one of these guys my friend.
Thank you both for making the trip and for putting on one Heck of a show.

True dat.
Posted By: Billy B Bad

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/13/12 03:55 PM

Just giving my opinion here.

I have never met either Bird or Gup and dont have a car fast enough to ever race either one of them, so I dont have a dog in the fight as they say.

BUT....Gup better be ready at Indy if they race again there.

Reason I say that is because Bird was late on the arm drop or Gup jumped (No tree for the start so who knows), he spun off the line and was only running on 7 cyl.

At Indy I hope the track lets them use the tree, and my money is on the Bird (for the reasons I stated).
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/13/12 05:11 PM

If he only had a ring pinched he was only really down maybe 3-4 numbers in the 1/8 from my experience. Even though the bird spum initially if he was making more power he would have been closing the gap on the back half. All I saw were his headlights getting further back. If someone has the timeslip the truth is there as to who was making more power if they both made it down the track.
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/13/12 06:17 PM

Quote:

If he only had a ring pinched he was only really down maybe 3-4 numbers in the 1/8 from my experience. Even though the bird spum initially if he was making more power he would have been closing the gap on the back half. All I saw were his headlights getting further back. If someone has the timeslip the truth is there as to who was making more power if they both made it down the track.

Back to the top:

Quote:

On the win...I wasn't going to say anything and let you have your fun with this win...But i think some people need to know the other side of this race...You Knew that i had hurt the motor the pass before,and the only reason i raced you cause alot of people wanted to see this race go down...You and i had talked about i just redlight(that was before they took the tree down)But i didn't want to let the bird fans down that way..i told josh not to put up the money cause the bird's motor was hurt..but he did anyways!,are game plan was to go to the lanes and hope you read lit or broke something(sorry)-but you didn't so i went for the chase on 7 cylinders(we had taken out 2 lifters,2 push rods and rocker arms and caped off the the nos/fuel lines going to the #6 cylinder and took off the #6 spark plug wire (we have done this before)Gup i really like you alot you feed us and offered us anything that we needed...but if i were you i wouldn't call my brother inlaw meat ball anymore...he doesn't have a sence of humor like me sometimes!!,I have no doubt that you will give me a rematch you seem like a stand up guy...by the way did anybody read the rules...winner was to weigh their car...take care mr gup.

He was on 7 cylinders.....
Posted By: Mrs.Hitman

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/13/12 06:58 PM

Congrats to the GUP!! It was good to see ya again. Hope to see you in INDY!!!!!
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/13/12 09:02 PM

It was nyce meeting both you guys
I was helping Clint with his Dart which
Was pitted in between both you guys.
Saw all the crap you were going threw
Well hope to see you guys in Indy, gonna see if I
Can get a 101/2 tire to fit my junk n make it competitive
To race alone side you guys, up front of course
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/13/12 09:04 PM

Quote:

I have never met either Bird or Gup and dont have a car fast enough to ever race either one of them, so I dont have a dog in the fight as they say.

Reason I say that is because Bird was late on the arm drop or Gup jumped (No tree for the start so who knows), he spun off the line and was only running on 7 cyl.

At Indy I hope the track lets them use the tree, and my money is on the Bird (for the reasons I stated).

i'm gonna say this,if you guys think thats all gup's got,you'll be sorry his demon was (i dont wanna give the time) and he's 300lbs lighter...be careful whatcha ask for ...props again to bird..and for bein a true sportsman..AndyB
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/13/12 09:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Back to the top:

Quote:

On the win...I wasn't going to say anything and let you have your fun with this win...But i think some people need to know the other side of this race...You Knew that i had hurt the motor the pass before,and the only reason i raced you cause alot of people wanted to see this race go down...You and i had talked about i just redlight(that was before they took the tree down)But i didn't want to let the bird fans down that way..i told josh not to put up the money cause the bird's motor was hurt..but he did anyways!,are game plan was to go to the lanes and hope you read lit or broke something(sorry)-but you didn't so i went for the chase on 7 cylinders(we had taken out 2 lifters,2 push rods and rocker arms and caped off the the nos/fuel lines going to the #6 cylinder and took off the #6 spark plug wire (we have done this before)Gup i really like you alot you feed us and offered us anything that we needed...but if i were you i wouldn't call my brother inlaw meat ball anymore...he doesn't have a sence of humor like me sometimes!!,I have no doubt that you will give me a rematch you seem like a stand up guy...by the way did anybody read the rules...winner was to weigh their car...take care mr gup.

He was on 7 cylinders.....

Sorry, In that case its down about 1 tenth. Been there done that.
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/13/12 09:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

i'm gonna say this,if you guys think thats all gup's got,you'll be sorry his demon was (i dont wanna give the time) and he's 300lbs lighter...be careful whatcha ask for ...props again to bird..and for bein a true sportsman..AndyB

Your so rite about that 300lbs difference
I believe it help a great deal, but it is what it is, that's
Drag racing, a lot will lose, n a few will win :
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Congrats mr gup - 06/14/12 01:11 PM

I have MUCH respect for both these racers .They can talk the talk AND walk the walk unlike some that run thier mouth and never show up
© 2024 Moparts Forums