Moparts

just got back from 9 SEC PHIL MEMORIAL SERVICE

Posted By: hp340nos

just got back from 9 SEC PHIL MEMORIAL SERVICE - 06/10/12 11:04 PM

alot of people showed up to say there good buys to phil,they had a service at noon.before the service started phils brother stan drove phils barracuda to the service followed by a very big line of awesome cars and trucks. that followed by people telling stories about phil,u could not help but laugh at most of them as that was phils character.that was followed by a pig roast with all the fixings.i met a couple of guys from our website there also.the best part was as people left they did burn-outs in memory of phil.if u knew phil he loved his burn-outs.everything from motorcycles to some nasty cars and trucks were doing it.i think i took a couple hundred miles off my m/t drag radials on my dakota during the burn-out.(RIP 9 SEC PHIL) your friend and mopar brother.mike davis.

Attached picture 7244721-download.jpg
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: just got back from 9 SEC PHIL MEMORIAL SERVICE - 06/11/12 12:14 AM

A fitting farewell. RIP Phil.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: just got back from 9 SEC PHIL MEMORIAL SERVICE - 06/11/12 12:20 AM

Gawd I still can't believe he is gone, he will be missed big time RIP brother...I wish I could have attended.

Re: just got back from 9 SEC PHIL MEMORIAL SERVICE - 06/11/12 01:32 AM

it was for sure a fitting farewell.
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: just got back from 9 SEC PHIL MEMORIAL SERVICE - 06/11/12 03:37 AM

Thanks for posting this and glad Phil had a nice send-off.......RIP Phil.....

Wes
Posted By: racerbychoice

Re: just got back from 9 SEC PHIL MEMORIAL SERVICE - 06/11/12 03:39 AM

Quote:

it was for sure a fitting farewell.

it sure sounds like it. rip phil. dj

Re: just got back from 9 SEC PHIL MEMORIAL SERVICE - 06/11/12 04:26 PM

bump for anybody that didnt get to see this.
Posted By: deaks

Re: just got back from 9 SEC PHIL MEMORIAL SERVICE - 06/11/12 05:12 PM

I only knew him through this board but he was always willing to give good advice and from an outsider, it appears he touched a lot of peoples hearts through his generosity and good humour.
RIP Phil
Posted By: ProStreetFm3

Re: just got back from 9 SEC PHIL MEMORIAL SERVICE - 06/11/12 05:51 PM

Was an awesome tribute to an awesome person. I lost a brother on May 26 and was so glad I made th 4hr trip to say good bye to my dearest friend!!
RIP PHILL!! Gone but NEVER FORGOTTEN!!
Posted By: ThermoQuad

Re: just got back from 9 SEC PHIL MEMORIAL SERVICE - 06/11/12 06:26 PM

Hello Racers, I know a lot of you won't or don't venture into the general forum...but just this once please look at the thread for Phill as i posted this and a bunch of pictures.
Thanks
Tom Quad

Phill Grover touched many lives in a very positive way and today that was very evident by the turnout of people, cool cars and motorcycles. He must have been right over my shoulder today as the 240 mile round trip by motorcycle was completely uneventful and I never once had to glare at some one driving a cage or even give a blast from the loud horns.

Being middle aged now I have been to more than several wakes but Phill's will always stand out as the most moving and unique. I got to meet Rhinodart[Jim] and hp340nos [Mike]. Very nice to meet you guys!

There were tears laughter, stories and hugs. I stood in front of about 200 people and told the story how Phil brought me a new fan belt at 10 pm on a sunday night before a monday holiday so I could run my car on Thunder Road [Watkins Glen Raceway] the following day

There was a car show and as Phill would want it there was a horsepower show when the hot cars left. Oh yeah there were some great burnouts and the best of show goes to moparts hp340nos Mike with his sleeper pickup with the stroker small block. Nice running truck there Mike!

RIP Phill, the world is not the same without you!

Attached picture 7245794-9secphill003.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums