Moparts

BOG OFF THE LINE

Posted By: rickb67

BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/05/12 05:46 AM

I HAVE A 67 CUDA 440 APPROX 500 HP. AUTOMATIC WITH 8 INCH CONVERTOR AND TRANS BRAKE. 2 STEP IS AT 2300 ON THE BUTTON. I CHANGED TO E85 WITH A CARB I HAD RUN FOR YEARS. I RELEASE THE BRAKE AT THE LINE AND THE FRONTEND COMES UP AND FOR SPLIT SECOND IT BOGS AND THEN IT HAULS THE MAIL.1.63 60 FOOT AND RUNS 11.16 AT 120.46. JUST WONDERING WHERE TO START.
Posted By: HOTMOPR

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/05/12 05:50 AM

try bigger squirters..
Posted By: dartman366

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/05/12 06:01 AM

Also jet extentions in the secondarys.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/05/12 07:45 AM

Quote:

Also jet extentions in the secondarys.

Posted By: BB Dart 69

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/05/12 03:44 PM

WHAT size needle & seat? Is this a e-85 carb.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/05/12 06:52 PM

The needles and seast shouldn't affect the intitial hit, but they could
Posted By: BB Dart 69

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/05/12 07:57 PM

I was thinking not enough volume. Main well feed not big enough or wrong boosters.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/05/12 08:25 PM

It either needs one of two things, both meaning more fuel. Jet extensions or increase the fuel pressure from the pump to the regulator and from run as much fuel pressure from the regulator to the carb as you can without pushing past the floats. Somewhere near nine pounds is usually where the floats give up. Had this exact issue on alchol and it was the fuel pressure from the pump to the regulator. Minimum 23 lbs. Give it a shot and let us know.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/05/12 09:27 PM

Quote:

The needles and seast shouldn't affect the intitial hit, but they could

HIGHLY unlikely... there should be plenty of volume
in the bowls even with the stock .110 N/S for coming
off the line... cheapest thing to try is the jet
extensions (race car should have them anyways)...
then squirters

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/05/12 09:34 PM

Quote:

It either needs one of two things, both meaning more fuel. Jet extensions or increase the fuel pressure from the pump to the regulator and from run as much fuel pressure from the regulator to the carb as you can without pushing past the floats. Somewhere near nine pounds is usually where the floats give up. Had this exact issue on alchol and it was the fuel pressure from the pump to the regulator. Minimum 23 lbs. Give it a shot and let us know.

Better recalibrate your gauge... even Holley will
tell you 7.5 is on the edge... when I use to flow
fuel pumps at work 7.5 was the max allowed pressure

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/06/12 01:35 AM

IT IS A E85 CARB I HAD A GUY CONVERT IT IN DENVER. I SHOULD HAVE ALREADY HAD EXTENSIONS IN THE CARB. THAT WILL BE FIRST THING I DO THAT AND INCREASE FUEL PRESSURE TO 7 FROM 6 LBS. IN TWO WEEKS A BUDDY IS DRIVING THE CAR AND I WILL BE WRENCHING. SO WILL SEE. THANKS GUYS

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/06/12 02:09 AM

Quote:

IT IS A E85 CARB I HAD A GUY CONVERT IT IN DENVER. I SHOULD HAVE ALREADY HAD EXTENSIONS IN THE CARB. THAT WILL BE FIRST THING I DO THAT AND INCREASE FUEL PRESSURE TO 7 FROM 6 LBS. IN TWO WEEKS A BUDDY IS DRIVING THE CAR AND I WILL BE WRENCHING. SO WILL SEE. THANKS GUYS

What kind of altitude did you run before and now...
it can be dog lean
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 06/06/12 03:42 AM

What type of carb is this your are running? What IAB and IFR are in the carburator? Also check Float level, if its too high it can spill over into the carb if too low you can starve it for fuel.

Any other specs you can provide would help find a solution.
Posted By: racerx

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 09/18/12 01:49 AM

I'm having a similar problem this past weekend so i'll give it a

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 09/18/12 07:03 AM

Spent labor day weekend at TVD racing. Fuel presure at 7 and jet extensions installed.Went from 1.58 to 1.60 60ft times to 1.52 1.53. Car ran best of 10.89 at 123 mph prior was 11.11 at 120. Son kept car and trailer in Sioux Falls cause i was going back this weekend to do some more tweaking but had a front runner seperate so had to load up for the weekwnd :rant.New tire ordered so am going to Oahe speedway this next weekend.
Posted By: 360904

Re: BOG OFF THE LINE - 09/18/12 12:43 PM

My first pass Friday, Bog off the line, wth? Larry came over and sprayed the squirter out with brake parts cleaner and bog gone...
© 2024 Moparts Forums