Moparts

Low Nose A-Bodies

Posted By: hemiparts

Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/26/12 05:11 PM

I noticed in a lot of the pics of the old nostalgia Dusters they sit REAL low in the front. How is that done ?? Are they strut cars so they can be set down or can that be done to a torsion bar suspension ?? Love the old school look was thinking about seting my duster down in the nose.

Chris
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/26/12 06:11 PM

I don't know about the suspension, but it looked to me as if they lowered or angled the front fender down in the front.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/26/12 06:12 PM

The older Pro Stock cas had relocated A-arms and that sort of thing.The easiest thing to do now is use drop spindles.I am going to lower my Demon down,and drop spindles is what I'll use.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/26/12 06:14 PM

The MagnumForce unit on my E-body slammed the nose right down...I like the way it sits...
Posted By: 8urvette

Re: Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/26/12 06:22 PM

Quote:

The MagnumForce unit on my E-body slammed the nose right down...I like the way it sits...

without pictures it never happened

id love to see some of the "slammed" cars
Posted By: hemiparts

Re: Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/26/12 08:33 PM

heres some pics courtesy of prostockhemi.com ( thanks Fred ) ...

Attached picture 7222687-BillyStepp74DartSportPS.jpg
Posted By: SB449VALIANT

Re: Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/27/12 08:38 AM

Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/30/12 06:22 PM

Im pretty sure I read that Dick Landy and Sox and Martin got in a little trouble for "tapering" the front fender down a touch. I saw a picture of a fender off of a carlton car too that looked to be tapers to the nose.

Im sure If Reed piped in here we would know for sure.
Posted By: reknapp52

Re: Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/30/12 07:17 PM

The "drooped" front ends were standard practice for years in Pro Stock and Comp Elim categories, as well as others. My Lebaron is "drooped" about 2 1/2" in front.

Attached picture 7228401-LebaronatTexasLODRS.jpg
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/30/12 08:21 PM

I think they were actually lowering the bodies over the frame rails in front or basically "channelling" the front half of the cars.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/30/12 09:21 PM

Quote:

I noticed in a lot of the pics of the old nostalgia Dusters they sit REAL low in the front. How is that done ?? Are they strut cars so they can be set down or can that be done to a torsion bar suspension ?? Love the old school look was thinking about seting my duster down in the nose.

Chris

Do you have a early A body? If so try removing the lower control arm bump stop and lower the torsion bars until the it gets as low as you want it BTW, DO NOT let the lower control arm rest on the bump stop on the front sub frame with you or anyone else sitting in thecar
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/31/12 01:17 AM

I actually didn't like the MF setup but it was low... So low and with the added benefit of a wider stance you couldn't turn the wheel all the way with out the tire catching the finder lip and pealing it out DAMHIK

It wasn't in my car for more than 2 months before I decided I needed a chassis or my alum oil pan was going to become a skid plate

Motor is up and back and the tires moved in where they belong so there are no more issues with fender or oil pan clearance.

Posted By: rebel

Re: Low Nose A-Bodies - 05/31/12 02:19 AM

my front clip is a homemade kevlar/carbon fiber which has the fenderline raked downwards, add to this 2" drop spindles & a homemade alloy oil pan with wings to keep it short so i don't do the Hansel n Grettel trick of leaving a return home trail to follow. on top of this i've hashed a Ford splitter/air damn/spoiler whatever to fit which makes loading onto a trailer a wee bit tricky but we have a handle on it now. i wouldn't want my junk lower than what it is now.

Attached picture 7228903-564945_365733496805603_262223987156555_1058936_1618933157_n.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums