Moparts

A good Mopar Machine shop?

Posted By: R/T Lee

A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/25/12 10:52 PM

Does anybody know of a good "Mopar" Machine shop in the Southern Indiana area? I am building a La small block with Magnum heads, and a big block in the near future. I would like to build a good relationship with a good machine shop that has a good knowledge of mopar engines. I've dealt with some shops that answer something like , "Yea we have built a couple of those dodges before".... Any info would be appreciated thnks guys, and gals!!! I would travel up to 100 miles or more for a reputable shop, thanks again. 1st post btw... love the site!!!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/25/12 10:58 PM

Welcome... sorry I cant help you on the shop over there...
some one will
Posted By: jamesc

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/25/12 11:15 PM

i know this doesn't answer your question but...

metal is metal and any competent, quality shop should be able to help you. i would be looking for a quality shop first then mopar second. it's usually not hard to tell what kind of work a shop turns out. look at the condition of the shop, the equipment they have, the machining operations they offer and who's running their engines. not that this is etched in stone but it's a start.

it also depends on your level of knowledge. if you're familiar with what modifications and parts are required for your goal than it makes it easier. if you need a shop to spec, machine and build the engine then you would want to lean towards a chrysler shop.

what type of engines are you speaking of?
Posted By: cgall

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/25/12 11:35 PM

Eric Paul lives down near Evansville and he takes his stuff to Kammer & Kammer in Dayton, OH. Zimmerman Bros. is still well respected in this area, I think they are near Lawrenceburg. Send a PM to Doug Duell, he has some fast stuff.
Posted By: W5Duster436

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/26/12 12:13 AM

Where in SI are you located?
Posted By: jg309

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/26/12 12:55 AM

dale meers bofflo,ky.dose great work, tell him gray & england bros. told you to get ahould of him, real reasemble on price as well, his # is 270-325-4241
Posted By: R/T Lee

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/26/12 02:31 AM

I Live and work in Evansville. Doug Duell has passed away, and his two sons run the dealership now. I do believe one of them races a newer Challenger, If I have to, i can ask them what shop they use. Right now I'm building a mild LA 360, with magnum heads. But I have a 440 that I wanted to put a stroker kit in, and I've never built a stroker before. Thats why I wanted to find a shop that knows/built chryslers. thanks for the info and time! very much appreciated.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/26/12 02:47 AM

I'm surprised no one mentioned Indy Cylinder Head.
Posted By: jdfpam

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/29/12 05:30 AM

Doug Duell did not pass away, his father Dave did a few years ago. Doug owns and operates the dealerships. He uses Indy Cylinder Head for his engines in the Challenger and the Wagon.
With that being said, I would use Dale Meers in Buffalo, Ky or Kammer/Kammer in Dayton, Oh if you are not looking to travel too far.
If you are, there are plenty of other Mopar machine shops to choose from.

Jeff Day
Precision Automotive Machine
Canton, Ohio
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/29/12 07:25 AM

Graham Performance Engines does all my and all my friends engines.
He is a mopar guy himself but will work on anything that comes in the door. He is in Bowling Green Ohio which is 20 miles south of Toledo.
If you are interested pm me and I will give you his info.
He was just mentioned on hot rod tv for doing the machine work on a 500 caddy motor.
He is doing a 500 mopar now as we speak. My 500 made 771hp with a solid cam and nothing fancy.
David
Posted By: Joes66dart

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/29/12 12:15 PM

I use Horsepower Sales in Cincinnati, Ohio. He has great turn around time and is a mopar racer himself. He has a dyno in house and has been honest with anything I have ever taken there. If you want the number let me know. I dont think you would be dissapointed with anything that came out of his shop.
Posted By: ROSSIO

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/29/12 12:33 PM

I use B E S,they are in southern indiana
i would HIGHLY recommend checking them out

B1MC N/A 70 DART 8.86@155 3350lbs 1.30 60ft.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/29/12 02:18 PM

I'm a repeat Kammer & Kammer customer, and will use them for every time in the future.
Posted By: LA360

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/30/12 12:51 AM

You guys are lucky to have so many Chrysler specialty engines shops, they would go broke in Australia
Posted By: robnbird

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/30/12 01:27 AM

Quote:

Does anybody know of a good "Mopar" Machine shop in the Southern Indiana area? I am building a La small block with Magnum heads, and a big block in the near future. I would like to build a good relationship with a good machine shop that has a good knowledge of mopar engines. I've dealt with some shops that answer something like , "Yea we have built a couple of those dodges before".... Any info would be appreciated thnks guys, and gals!!! I would travel up to 100 miles or more for a reputable shop, thanks again. 1st post btw... love the site!!!

take your time and check the shop out . If they have a Dyno that would be a plus, even if you don't choose to use the dyno it would show the shops seriousness about performance.

Attached picture 7227421-0507121951a[1].jpg
Posted By: fishy340

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/30/12 01:29 AM

Quote:

B1MC N/A 70 DART [Email]8.86@155[/Email] 3350lbs 1.30 60ft.

thats where i would go no dought about it!!
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/30/12 07:15 AM

Graham Performance engines has a dyno and a head flow bench
that come in very handy.
I have used him on 3 different engines so far and all ran Great with no issues.
David
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: A good Mopar Machine shop? - 05/30/12 12:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

B1MC N/A 70 DART [Email]8.86@155[/Email] 3350lbs 1.30 60ft.

thats where i would go no dought about it!!

Kammers has an engine dyno, chassis dyno, and a flow bench!
© 2024 Moparts Forums