Moparts

all out race carbs

Posted By: produster

all out race carbs - 05/24/12 04:27 PM

Ok guys who would you use to build a matched set of cars for a dual quad set up? Would you use the same company if it was an E-85 set up?

I want to hear the pros and cons on all.

These are pretty much all out race carbs. street manors are not a worry.
Posted By: poisondart2

Re: all out race carbs - 05/24/12 04:37 PM

Braswell but dont know if they do E-85 then Pro systems because Patrick is great to work with and I just got another E85 from him
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: all out race carbs - 05/24/12 04:40 PM

Well since Braswell has been thrown out ther lets no forget Book. Of course in either case get ready for sticker shock, but they will be perfect once you get them. As for Pro Systems, well that woudl not be my first, second, third or, well never mind you get the idea, pm me if you want more info. FWIW we have been very happy with our Gary Williams stuff over the years.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: all out race carbs - 05/24/12 06:15 PM

I like the APD stuff and they have been very helpful. I just called them to see about getting a 1250 as I am trying to squeeze out more HP from my latest project, but they were honest enough to tell me not to bother as I wouldn't get the gains I am looking for. Then they took 15 minutes to talk about converter choice, shift points, tire size, etc. I give them all my business for this reason, and I have 3 of their carbs, but as Al said, they are not cheap.

Re: all out race carbs - 05/24/12 07:31 PM

Thanks guys, please keep the good and the bad coming.

The amount of money being spent, paying 1500 for carbs that are good enough vs 2000-2200 for carbs that are spot on is worth it.

This is for the most part the car I have wanted to build for a long time.

Al I will be in touch soon, thanks!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: all out race carbs - 05/24/12 07:35 PM

I've had great service from Pro Systems.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: all out race carbs - 05/24/12 08:05 PM

Quote:

I've had great service from Pro Systems.

Me too. I run one of their 950's on my NA 408 and am about to have them modify it for a blow through application.
Posted By: 440lebaron

Re: all out race carbs - 05/24/12 08:42 PM

there was a member a few years ago "bigs carbs" he did my 1050. not sure if he's around anymore. midwest maybe??
gary
Posted By: FASTFISH420

Re: all out race carbs - 05/24/12 08:50 PM

I would call Dale Cubic at CFM carbs.He builds carbs for alot of the fastest N/A cars in the country.he also builds carbs for Pro Stock guys.I use one myself and it is the best carb I have owned..I have owned a Pro Systems and also PRC which our also good..but I would pick the CFM over both of them

Re: all out race carbs - 05/24/12 09:28 PM

Again guys thanks.

I have had a Pro-Systems before and crewed cars with them in the past. Even had Patrick on the phone late at night trying to figure out a set up in the past.

I am looking basically for the best. I have managed to aquire some of the best parts so far and just want to keep aquiring. Once I get the parts I ordered I will start like a few on here and lay out what I am building and give progress updates.

Re: all out race carbs - 05/24/12 11:04 PM

If youare looking for the best I think those names are up there. Patrick's stuff may be great on nitrous stuff but IMO there are better guys out there. The names listed are the best of the bunch IMO. After that call them and pick the one you feel most comfortable with. If I were a rich man I woudl have a set of Braswells on the 99 in a heartbeat.

Re: all out race carbs - 05/24/12 11:59 PM

Ok if those listed are the best of the best. I am good with that.

Al about what would a set of Braswell's cost for your 99?

Re: all out race carbs - 05/25/12 12:04 AM

$8000ish, about twice what these cost.
Posted By: top8x7b

Re: all out race carbs - 05/25/12 12:09 AM

apd all the way john and randy are the best and really helpfull
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: all out race carbs - 05/25/12 12:10 AM

I had my 1050 dom changed to E-85 by Quick Fuels...
it was damn near perfect out of the box... I would
go back again

Re: all out race carbs - 05/25/12 12:40 AM

8k for a set for the 99. I hope that are split dominators...

So I would look at 4k for a set from brawell? Wow that is a little steep but will cross that bridge when I need to.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: all out race carbs - 05/25/12 01:41 AM

I would be willing to try a set or one of the new Ultra Dominators from Holley I've heard of many of the "trick" custom carbs not being as good on a engine dyno test as a stock out of the box same size new Holley carb, on back to back tests
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: all out race carbs - 05/25/12 10:06 PM

Just another company that has hit it dead on with ever car or set of carbs I have sent them is:

The Carb Shop!

They are in our neck of the woods as well. I also have had great luck with Quickfuel out of the box, make sure you call them and tell them exaclty what you are doing and they will get it right.

Posted By: 66er

Re: all out race carbs - 05/26/12 12:46 AM

I like Bo Laws (BLP). He was good to work with, on time delivery, and the carb is beautiful inside and out.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: all out race carbs - 05/26/12 03:37 AM

I topped my 1071 BDS with a pair of Pro Sytems SV1's.I helped Pat sell several sets

Attached picture 7221859-GARAGE2021.jpg
Posted By: LA360

Re: all out race carbs - 05/26/12 03:47 AM

Book Racing Enterprises
Posted By: KX35

Re: all out race carbs - 05/26/12 12:47 PM

E-85 go with Eric at Horsepowerinnovations.com great to deal with.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: all out race carbs - 05/26/12 02:43 PM

Quote:

I like Bo Laws (BLP). He was good to work with, on time delivery, and the carb is beautiful inside and out.

good buddy of mine just got a alchohol dominator off him for $1500.... nothing but problem and it now sets on the shelf as he put his Davinci back on.
Posted By: juicedcuda

Re: all out race carbs - 05/27/12 04:11 AM

Quickfuel all the way
Posted By: 66er

Re: all out race carbs - 05/27/12 02:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

good buddy of mine just got a alchohol dominator off him for $1500.... nothing but problem and it now sets on the shelf as he put his Davinci back on.

Bummer. Mine works well, but i'm not on achohol.
Posted By: Challenger

Re: all out race carbs - 05/28/12 12:41 AM

E-85? Here is your guy! www.marksullense85carburetors.com
© 2024 Moparts Forums