Moparts

UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City --UPDATE

Posted By: 68LAR

UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City --UPDATE - 05/22/12 11:14 PM

Thinking about going. It will be my first outting this season on a new power plant. Anybody else thinking about going?
Posted By: Jeff_383

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/23/12 02:14 AM

I'd go Larry, but I only have two pedals.
What did you do new?
Posted By: rickraw

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/23/12 02:19 AM

i was going to go. haven't been out yet either. like to see how new trans i built works. 6yards of concrete coming sat. owell.
Posted By: oldiron

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/23/12 03:13 AM

if,if, if, if I get my car together, running, no leaks, oil pressure, trailer is ok, finished by saturday morning....................
Posted By: SSAAHemiFan

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/23/12 06:38 AM

was planning to go to spectate and do some research on clutch's.

90* weather has me reconsidering

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/23/12 01:50 PM

Quote:

What did you do new?

It's a secret for now, depending on how it runs. I don't want to embarrass myself if it don't run as expected...
You can still go to spectate!!!!!!!!!

For everyone else that's going.. Stop by and say "Hi".
Larry
Posted By: oldiron

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/23/12 02:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What did you do new?

It's a secret for now, depending on how it runs. I don't want to embarrass myself if it don't run as expected...
You can still go to spectate!!!!!!!!!

For everyone else that's going.. Stop by and say "Hi".
Larry

Roll Bar?

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/23/12 02:15 PM

Quote:

Roll Bar?

Nope!
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/23/12 02:21 PM

Good luck getting any runs there. I sat in the lanes for 2 1/2 hours the other day. I will not go back there. I would rather drive an hour to Thompson or 42, or even norwalk than sit there for 2 runs. Heck how can you get a good gauge on how the car runs. You spin or have to get out of it your screwed. 2 Runs and and 100 bucks for kids food fuel.. I don't think so.. Im not very happy with the way its run. Open at 630 on friday start running at 7.. Nope didnt start till 720 calling cars to the lanes.. Thats just nutz..
Posted By: super451b

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/23/12 04:00 PM

I'll be there all weekend.
Posted By: Valiant_Showoff

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/23/12 05:29 PM

Quote:

I'd go Larry, but I only have two pedals.
What did you do new?

Just got the e-mail confirming that Quaker is also having a regular gambler's race ($35 entry) for anything older than 1980 that day as well. It's not just the UMTR guys running on Sunday.
Posted By: jimmyg

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/24/12 12:35 AM

Hoping to go and spectate Always a great wheels up time! - My junk no-where near done .
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/24/12 11:56 AM

they are also having a cruise-in for nostailgia cars where the car and driver get in free so i'm planning on visiting quaker with the red dart on sunday and hoping to race at magnolia on monday with the valiant. see you there! dave

Attached picture 7219390-hemidartclone127.jpg

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/29/12 02:52 PM

Well all didn't go as planned at the track. Air was real bad 'til after the rain delay, then got a little better. No excuses, I had issues with my driving and track prep. First time run we went a 11.5 @ 118, granny shifting. Second run it went an 11.4 @119. Rain came, one hour delay air got better. I was ready for a good run. Dialed an 11.38. Staged and had to sit for .062. Launched good, hit second and was next to the other car. Went for third thinking this race is mine, but third wasn't there?????????? Got it in and was pulling hard, went for fourth and the same thing. At that time I coasted. Race over for me! First two time runs, I couldn't get any grab out of the hole. Tires were unloading. I made adjustments for the elimination run. Just another typical day of racing for me.........

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/30/12 03:39 PM

I was in the staging lanes when you went up for that last pass . All I could see of your run was the time on the scoreboard. I thought you might have broken something. Your car looks great!

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/30/12 05:50 PM

I got a glimse of your car also in the staging lanes. You have a real nice looking ride.
That was the first time in about 15 or so years that I raced at Quaker City. I like what they've done to the track. In the past Quaker City was always 2-3 tenths slower than Pittsburgh for me, but my car was also a lot slower back then. All in all I was happy with my car. I figured out why I missed 3rd and 4th gears.... After my last time run, I adjusted my clutch,( I adjusted the air gap smaller). I went too far! When I race, I don't push my clutch pedal all the way to the floor between shifts. I had adjusted the pedal to catch slightly off of the floor. Being my first time out this year, my timing and co-ordination between left leg and right arm was off a bit. I'll be ready for this next outting.
How did you do???? You should have stopped over and said "HI".

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/30/12 06:30 PM

The Fox Family has been steadily improving the facility since they bought it last year. With the last half of the track going uphill , I think it will always be slower than Norwalk or Pittsburgh.
I went out in the third . ran .01 under. My knee was bothering me a little ,so I didnt get around too much that day. Hopefully I can catch you sometime when we're at the same track again.
Wade

Re: UMTR this weekend @ Quaker City - 05/30/12 06:50 PM

We might be up for the Steel Valley meet next month. Larry
I just had Orthoscopic sergery on my knee last Friday. My leg was bothering me also, but no excuses for my screw ups driving.....
© 2024 Moparts Forums