Moparts

Uuuggghhh..... What next?

Posted By: Dartin

Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/15/12 05:08 PM

Just got the call that my enclosed trailer was stolen last night . It was at a collision shop waiting for parts/repair from an attempted break in over the winter. Manager called and thought I took it after hours for some reason. People suck.....

Randy
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/15/12 05:14 PM

I can only imagine what I`d do in your position.............oh wait, I KNOW what I`d do but this a family site. I hope you find it or that his/your insurance gets you a new one.
Posted By: Labratt

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/15/12 05:17 PM

Randy,I'm VERY SORRY to hear this! What collision shop was it at? Was it sitting out in the open..or in a secured and fenced lot? I HATE THIEVES!!!!!!! I'll call you this evening! I think we are about to become "neighbors" soon! Randy
Posted By: Hitman340

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/15/12 07:27 PM

Very sorry to hear that Randy.Hope they take care of this in the right manner for you.If it comes down to to you having to buy another trailer I have mine for sale.Good luck buddy.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/15/12 08:38 PM

That sucks big time... sorry to hear that Randy
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/15/12 09:01 PM

That Blows Randy, I am tired of telling people when this happens (quote) "The person who stol it must have needed it more than you!" This is just horrible news, hope it works out for ya.

Kiddart
Scot B.

Attached picture 7207402-DSC02182_A.JPG
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/15/12 09:22 PM

Sorry to hear about your trailer. Would hope the shop's insurance covers the loss. It should.

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/15/12 10:50 PM

Thanks Guys. It really sucks when you get up every morning, go to work for 10-12 hours a day and some low life can't keep his hands off of what you work hard for. Kind of ironic, the collision shop and I are both insured out of the same agency. The real bummer is that there is a 30 day waiting period for the payout. just glad there wasn't much in it. And Jeff, If mine doesn't turn up I may be calling ya !

Randy
Posted By: Labratt

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/16/12 04:47 AM

Randy..hope it gets found...and SOON! What police dept. did the shop file the report with? Hope it wasn't Roseville!..I hear they SU*K on recovering stolen property! Just what I've heard..not sure if it's true or not! Best of Luck getting it back!
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/16/12 05:27 AM

Sorry to hear that Randy.
Good to hear it wasn't loaded with the car, parts, and tools.
I hate it when people can't keep their hands off other peoples stuff.
Hope it all works out for you and you make a speedy recovery from this.
David
Posted By: cesar perez

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/16/12 05:28 AM

ive had 3 trailers stolen in the past 2 years one of them with a bob cat on it
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/16/12 05:39 AM

Quote:

ive had 3 trailers stolen in the past 2 years one of them with a bob cat on it

Yeah... heavy equipment is EASY to pedal after its
stolen
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/16/12 01:05 PM

Damn that stinks reading more and more about that,i have a guy who installs tracking device's to anything...the only thing that stinks about that is...its a monthly charge and no one needs another BILL these days..best of luck my man.AndyB
Posted By: StandOnIt

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/16/12 01:25 PM

Wow, sorry to hear this. I know what ya mean working 10-12 hours a day and someone taking something you slaved for. Someone stole the built-in onan gen-set from my motorhome while sitting at an RV park on a fishing trip. Nobody ever see's anything either! Its just a regular job to a thief! they look at it the same way we look at getting up every morning and going to work, only thing dif is their job starts at around 1am! Good luck with the insurance. The shop should handle it.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/16/12 01:51 PM

Sorry to hear about the trailer, hope nothing was in it!
Oh, wait, maybe some small pox spores,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just enough for one of course!
Posted By: BB Dart 69

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/17/12 05:03 PM

What did the trailer look like?

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/17/12 05:09 PM

It's a white 22' Continental Cargo Auto Plus. Aluminum wheels, Detroitracing.com decals, mopar decals, etc.. I'll see if I have some pics when I get home.

Randy
Posted By: BB Dart 69

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/17/12 05:17 PM

Please do. If I see it ill will just have to take it back! I HATE THEIVES
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/17/12 06:16 PM

I boot my trailers....aint goin no where unless they have a torch with them...

sorry to hear about your trailer..

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 12:36 AM

I like the bootin' idea. Think it mat be a worth while investment. Here is the only pic I have of it. We'll see.....

Randy

Attached picture 7210490-Photo07150911.jpg
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 03:04 AM

that's the worst. i hhope you fair well.

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 06:24 AM

boot on my aluminum trailer

boot on the 30 foot trailer I had..

Posted By: racer_amx

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 10:26 AM

Hate thieves
Posted By: dvw

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 10:29 AM

I've chained my wheels together. Don't know if that helps or not. Anyway Randy I have a spare open trailer if you need to borrow it.
Doug

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 01:52 PM

Doug, thank you for the offer! I still have some work to do to the car to be track-ready. Hopefully I can come up with something by the time I'm finished.

Randy
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 01:58 PM

That sucks,Randy...We all work too hard for this stuff...Then someone decides they want it for free!!
Posted By: Dean_Kuzluzski

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 03:08 PM

Quote:

they look at it the same way we look at getting up every morning and going to work, only thing dif is their job starts at around 1am!

In actuality, thieves have their eyes peeled for any potential goods at any moment they are awake. They just strike when it's most advantageous. Out here, it can be the middle of the day when the hard working folks are at their jobs. Back when I was on 2nd shift, I had to confront a pair of guys at 10:00 in the morning to get off of my property before.

Sorry to hear of your loss. That bites.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 03:13 PM

Quote:

That sucks,Randy...We all work too hard for this stuff...Then someone decides they want it for free!!

I disagree, they work hard at what they do too. Also, there is quite a risk involved. Think what happens if they are caught. If everyone were given equal oppurtunity to work hard and make just fair money there would be no crime.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 03:14 PM

Quote:

boot on my aluminum trailer

That seems like a good preventative measure. Even a hardened lock on the hitch is only a small deterent.

What do those boots cost?
Where do you buy them?

EDIT: A search found this one. http://www.universalboot.com/anti-theft-locks/wheel-locks-for-cars
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 03:15 PM

You bet there is a risk factor...Most people call 911...Here in the sticks,I am 911!!

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 06:01 PM

the boots I have cost about $450..

Jay Allen sold them...I checked and I dont see him in business...
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 07:18 PM

I disagree, they work hard at what they do too. Also, there is quite a risk involved. Think what happens if they are caught. If everyone were given equal oppurtunity to work hard and make just fair money there would be no crime.

You forgot the <sarcasm> tags.

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/18/12 07:55 PM

here are some..

http://www.universalboot.com/

http://www.immobilize.com/

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=trai...p_id=3269050837

Re: Uuuggghhh..... What next? - 05/19/12 01:26 AM

Quote:

You forgot the <sarcasm> tags.

Lol! Yes he did Poly! I know Sean far too well to think he was serious. Next time I see him ....

I definitely think I will be looking into a boot. Thanks for the links.

Randy
© 2024 Moparts Forums