Moparts

engine plate this right!

Posted By: Dodgem

engine plate this right! - 05/12/12 10:44 PM

so the tranny is mounted up as always and plate is sitting on the frame so if this is rignt I can weld and bolt the brackets into place??
Thanks in advance.

Posted By: Randy..

Re: engine plate this right! - 05/12/12 10:50 PM

looks good to me,
Posted By: Ari440

Re: engine plate this right! - 05/12/12 10:54 PM

I would put the heads and headers on first , see where it sits and take it from there
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: engine plate this right! - 05/12/12 10:55 PM

x2 checking with headers ...measure 10 times, weld once.
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: engine plate this right! - 05/12/12 11:08 PM

mine is mounted the same way

Attached picture 7203455-IMG_1630.JPG
Posted By: Randy..

Re: engine plate this right! - 05/13/12 12:25 AM

Andy Fs plate should be right on the money.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: engine plate this right! - 05/13/12 12:32 AM

I like mine back a little more than that As already said, stick the heads, valve covers and headers on and go from there
Posted By: Moparpoor

Re: engine plate this right! - 05/13/12 02:05 AM

Check the oil pan clearances.I have had to shim up the plate a 1/4 or so due to oil pan and chassis variations.As for any other fitment issues none.Andy F builds quality pieces!!!
Posted By: 69dart

Re: engine plate this right! - 05/13/12 02:29 AM

Yes - check the heads, valve covers and headers before locking it down.

Re: engine plate this right! - 05/13/12 05:30 AM

Quote:

I like mine back a little more than that As already said, stick the heads, valve covers and headers on and go from there

?? maybe i'll stick the drive shaft in and see if I can move it back 1/4 to 1/2". since I went ladder bars may have an little wiggle room!

motor front to back should be right where it always has been as tranny mount has not moved and cross member and mount are right back where they belong!

Thanks guys! had moroso solid mounts before think they are close to 1/4 higher than stock thins should fit better but i'll slide the oil pan up there!

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: engine plate this right! - 05/13/12 05:34 AM

I moved my motor back about one inch, I elongated the trans mount so I could slide the trans back until it almost hit the mount on the tailshaft housing I can get the passenger side valve cover off with the heater in the car with a low deck motor, not so with a high deck motor No driving in the winter with no heater, defroster or traction

Re: engine plate this right! - 05/14/12 11:32 PM

Thanks cab I moved it back about .150 from where it was rear end must have got moved back when ladder bars where installed?? Think we needed some tire clearance at the front so drive shaft was out more that I would like!
This will also give me a little more wiggle room at the front between the electric fan and electric water pump it was close and the motor plate is .100 wider than the old water pump spacers for the gear drive.

Thanks again guys!

© 2024 Moparts Forums