Moparts

checkered racing back half kits ??????

Posted By: earthmover

checkered racing back half kits ?????? - 05/01/12 11:08 PM

http://stores.checkeredracing.com/catalog/4Link4L.jpg

anybody ever use 1 of this kits??? good bad?????price looks pretty good..what do you guys think or what would you change in the kit?????
Posted By: dan1320

Re: checkered racing back half kits ?????? - 05/02/12 12:51 AM

I bought one and installed it but the car isn't finished so I don't have any laps on the car. I can tell you it measured out fine and installed cleanly if that helps you at all.
Dan
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: checkered racing back half kits ?????? - 05/02/12 02:12 AM

I bought the 4 link backhalf from them that's in the Scamp. No problems but I did get CM rod ends. There are things about it I'd like different like some flats on the bars but over all for the price it was a good deal.
Posted By: earthmover

Re: checkered racing back half kits ?????? - 05/02/12 02:16 AM

i was looking at your build pics from abodies the other day..
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: checkered racing back half kits ?????? - 05/02/12 04:23 AM

[ There are things about it I'd like different like some flats on the bars but over all for the price it was a good deal.

I have done this before. Get 4 nuts that are just a little larger than the 4 link tubes. Bore the centers out on a lathe or just drill them out big enough to slide over your tubes and have them tigged on the bars where it is easy to reach while making adjustments. Make sure to clean all the zinc/cadium plating off of the nuts before welding. Beep
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: checkered racing back half kits ?????? - 05/02/12 04:39 AM

Quote:

[ There are things about it I'd like different like some flats on the bars but over all for the price it was a good deal.

I have done this before. Get 4 nuts that are just a little larger than the 4 link tubes. Bore the centers out on a lathe or just drill them out big enough to slide over your tubes and have them tigged on the bars where it is easy to reach while making adjustments. Make sure to clean all the zinc/cadium plating off of the nuts before welding. Beep

For a few bucks more you can buy the tube inserts
with the hex on them(all the inserts I use the LH
insert has the hex and looks nicer)... also that
kit shown doesnt have a back brace on the rear end
(thats a MUST in my opinion) so it MIGHT require a
longer set of shock mounts to clear the back brace
which is no big deal but keep it in mind... other
than that it looks like ALL the rest of that style
back halfs... unless you go with a wish bone locator
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: checkered racing back half kits ?????? - 05/02/12 10:49 AM

Quote:

Good idea. Thanks.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: checkered racing back half kits ?????? - 05/02/12 12:40 PM

I'm quite sure thats a good kit but, depending on how much power now or in the future you will be putting back there, you may want to go with larger bars...anyways, they will need some sort of HEX or nut for adjustments...

© 2024 Moparts Forums