Moparts

Indy heads and gasket issues

Posted By: slammedR/T

Indy heads and gasket issues - 04/27/12 02:25 AM

I have a set of Indy 360-1 245cnc heads that I thought was ready to bolt on when I ran into a problem. The intakes gaskets aren't tall enough and cover the roof of the intake runner. I ordered the 360-G1-276 which on Indy's website is supposed to be the right gasket, anyone run into this and got another part number?

DEPUTY
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Indy heads and gasket issues - 04/27/12 05:14 AM

Are these new heads? If so have you checked your intake to see how it lines up?

I know on a buddys set-up with 360-1 245 the ports are raised (I don't think all 245's are the same). I know on his the intake manifold had to be spaced up and port matched. His ports are higher than my older 360-1 heads.
Posted By: SB449VALIANT

Re: Indy heads and gasket issues - 04/27/12 05:20 AM

You're going to Have to custom make them yorself, your heads are only cnc at this point? Or did you port them from there?
Posted By: slammedR/T

Re: Indy heads and gasket issues - 04/27/12 04:14 PM

They are as cnc'd from Indy as far as i know, i bought them from a guy on racingjunk. He had them converted to T&D rockers, valve job and comp elite polished springs from SSDS oh and race valve job from ryan also. I guess I need to call him and see what gaskets he used, gonna call Indy also.

DEPUTY
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Indy heads and gasket issues - 04/27/12 06:56 PM

Quote:

They are as cnc'd from Indy as far as i know, i bought them from a guy on racingjunk. He had them converted to T&D rockers, valve job and comp elite polished springs from SSDS oh and race valve job from ryan also. I guess I need to call him and see what gaskets he used, gonna call Indy also.

DEPUTY

Skip calling Indy, and just call Ryan. You will thank me later.
Posted By: SB449VALIANT

Re: Indy heads and gasket issues - 04/27/12 07:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

DEPUTY

Skip calling Indy, and just call Ryan. You will thank me later.

© 2024 Moparts Forums