Moparts

Dzuz'in down a duster hood

Posted By: SG duster

Dzuz'in down a duster hood - 04/21/12 01:09 AM

Im currently installing dzuz clips to fix my duster hood. just looking for ideas and a few pic's to do the front edge clips
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: Dzuz'in down a duster hood - 04/21/12 05:24 AM

dont have pics but i used the old school hood pins set 2 in where the stock rubber bumpers were on the left and right and made an extension in front of the radiator for the other pin HTH
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Dzuz'in down a duster hood - 04/21/12 07:24 PM

Quote:

Im currently installing dzuz clips to fix my duster hood. just looking for ideas and a few pic's to do the front edge clips

I hope my picture helps, I had a body shop install them before painting the car, it has four on the front, one on each corner, two off of the middle of the radaitor support, two in the back of the hood scoop, stock hood hinges and one on each fender in the middle bewteen the front and rear of the hood.

Attached picture 7173651-MVC-039S.JPG
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Dzuz'in down a duster hood - 04/21/12 11:13 PM

This doesnt show them all (8)but there are welded angle brackets that mount them.

Attached picture 7173882-IMG_2601.JPG
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Dzuz'in down a duster hood - 04/22/12 12:21 AM

Combination Dzus and hood pins.. The Dzus's are hard to see, so I highlighted them

Attached picture 7173960-CowlinVegas123.JPG
Posted By: MRMOPAR

Re: Dzuz'in down a duster hood - 04/22/12 12:48 AM

Amazing how long it takes to get the Dzus fasteners off when you have a fire underhood. I'll stick to hood pins.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Dzuz'in down a duster hood - 04/22/12 01:23 PM

Quote:

Amazing how long it takes to get the Dzus fasteners off when you have a fire underhood. I'll stick to hood pins.

having hood PINS instead of Dzuz saved my car from fire.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Dzuz'in down a duster hood - 04/22/12 03:31 PM

Quote:

I've got 16 of them on mine. Might as well tear the hood off in case of fire, it'll be gone anyway.
Posted By: Ari440

Re: Dzuz'in down a duster hood - 04/22/12 03:36 PM

6 hood pins

4 in the front to hold the hood down

© 2024 Moparts Forums