Moparts

MANCINI RACING BILLET REAR MAIN SEAL HOLDER???

Posted By: Labratt

MANCINI RACING BILLET REAR MAIN SEAL HOLDER??? - 04/20/12 04:25 AM

Have any of you used the MRE 223 seal holder? How did you like the fit,and over-all quality? I just ordered one from them...and received it today. The finished machine work looks good to me. Are the seals of good quality..or could I improve on them? If anyone has pictures of the holder installed on the block,I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks in advance! Randy
Posted By: CraigS

Re: MANCINI RACING BILLET REAR MAIN SEAL HOLDER??? - 04/20/12 04:31 AM

I just put one in my 440,still finishing the assembly ,but it fits great,installs easy,the double o-ring seals look like they will be absolute.Still,i havent started it up, so no real test yet for me!!
Posted By: Gearhead383

Re: MANCINI RACING BILLET REAR MAIN SEAL HOLDER??? - 04/20/12 12:32 PM

I use to have an Indy version and got tired of that POS leaking. I got the MRE223 and have no problems at all. Definitely recommend it!
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: MANCINI RACING BILLET REAR MAIN SEAL HOLDER??? - 04/20/12 01:01 PM

Randy, they work good.They are made by Bill Chicolis. He makes the alum mains for Best,main gurdles,hemi rockers,and is doing all the machine work on the new mopar blocks. He really does some nice work. I have his car here now redoing the trans.Jake
Posted By: topbrent

Re: MANCINI RACING BILLET REAR MAIN SEAL HOLDER??? - 04/20/12 06:07 PM

Quote:

I use to have an Indy version and got tired of that POS leaking. I got the MRE223 and have no problems at all. Definitely recommend it!

What is the difference between the Indy unit and the Mancini unit?
Posted By: BradH

Re: MANCINI RACING BILLET REAR MAIN SEAL HOLDER??? - 04/20/12 07:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Same question here. I have the ICH part and can't see any differences between what I have and the pictures of the MRE223...
Posted By: Gearhead383

Re: MANCINI RACING BILLET REAR MAIN SEAL HOLDER??? - 04/20/12 07:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Same question here. I have the ICH part and can't see any differences between what I have and the pictures of the MRE223...

Agreed! I couldn't see any differences between the two. Even the engine builder couldn't see any differences but we could not get that Indy one to stop leaking. Tried different seals and even machined it a tiny bit to get it a little tighter. It leaked so bad I had to use a rag and a coat hanger to keep oil off the track. I used two rags per race. Nothing worked until I replaced it. I'm sure there are plenty of guys using them without any issues. Maybe mine was manufactured on Friday?!?!?
Posted By: 383man

Re: MANCINI RACING BILLET REAR MAIN SEAL HOLDER??? - 04/20/12 07:53 PM

I bought mine from Hughes and it looks like Mancini's. No problems and no leaks. Ron
Posted By: Hemi_Ram

Re: MANCINI RACING BILLET REAR MAIN SEAL HOLDER??? - 04/20/12 09:24 PM

I've used them on my last 2 big block stroker builds. But if you have an aftermarket block MP/World, check to see that it does not interfere with #5 maincap. The 512 I have now needed clearancing on the retainer; so I used the retainer that came with the block. I have never had a leak using them on the 470 and 528 hemi that I built a few years back. Plus you can buy replacement square O ring side seals seperate from Mancini.
Posted By: Labratt

Re: MANCINI RACING BILLET REAR MAIN SEAL HOLDER??? - 04/21/12 02:16 PM

Thanks for the info,Larry! Are the one's in the Mancini kit INFERIOR? Should they be replaced?
© 2024 Moparts Forums