Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/19/12 10:27 PM

What kind of prices are you guys seeing on Gen 3 Hemi's
in the bone yard... thinking about a Gen 3 for my
Rampage down the road... what part of the country
is that also(on the price)..... thanks
Posted By: Flite_727

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/19/12 10:44 PM

i bought a '08 5.7 with spun bearings off toledo craigslist for $200(asking $300) including a brand new (AC delco) engine stand! unfortunately when i pulled the crank out, #2 main had been run without oil for so long, that the saddle was scorched & cracked!
Posted By: MattW

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/19/12 11:13 PM

Paid 250 for mine and had a broken rod. For running anywhere from 1000 to 1500. For engine only.
I prefere the broken rod spun bearing.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/19/12 11:20 PM

Bought an '06 truck 5.7 with 100,000 miles,,,still running,,,before it was wrecked and into a river,,for $500.00...complete. Motor was good, as far as crank, rods, bearings, heads, etc.,,some rust, but nothing major. It was a good starting point...not sure when the 'stopping' point will get here..
Posted By: w2stroker

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/19/12 11:46 PM

i'm in a little deeper. i just paid $1600 for a complete running motor. it's a 2004 5.7 with 80,000 miles. it came complete with the fuel injection to oil pan all the front drive accesories, and the radiator and condensor. i'm in tacoma washington

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/19/12 11:53 PM

I'm thinking I'd like to stick with the injection but
I need to read up on the computers for them... I'd
like to get the wiring harnesses and the computer
from the same car/truck

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 12:18 AM

there's a pretty neat article in the new mopar action about running a late hemi with a gm delphi computer. the only bummer (to me at least) is that the delphi computer won't work with the hemi coils, so you have to use gm(ls?) single plug coils & plug the second spark plug hole.

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 12:22 AM

Quote:

I'm thinking I'd like to stick with the injection but
I need to read up on the computers for them... I'd
like to get the wiring harnesses and the computer
from the same car/truck

You may want to try to purchase a complete RAM 03-06
They are starting at 3500.00 and up.
Remember everybody and their uncle wanted a hemi. About 3 million motors out there.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 01:00 AM

For the money, these aren't bad...I would do mine with an engine plate and electric water pump though.

http://www.indyheads.com/oldschool.html
Posted By: MCHBOB

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 01:31 AM

P Body check craigslist ive seen them on there alot

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 01:33 AM

Thanks guys... yes I planned on looking at Craigslist
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 04:28 PM

yep I agree.... I would have to say about 500 or so, depending on how clean and how damaged off craigslist is about right for a 5.7.

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 04:31 PM

Now I just need to find one... either a 5.7 or 6.1
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 04:45 PM

Quote:

there's a pretty neat article in the new mopar action about running a late hemi with a gm delphi computer. the only bummer (to me at least) is that the delphi computer won't work with the hemi coils, so you have to use gm(ls?) single plug coils & plug the second spark plug hole.

I wonder if you can run 16 gm coils and just add plugs to the harness

either way, useing GM stuff is extremely tunable and much cheaper
Posted By: AlexP

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 05:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm very interested. I want a custom coil mounting solution and I happen to know some really good LSX tuners.

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 05:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I would like to hear more on this.
Posted By: racer_amx

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 05:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would like to hear more on this.

This is relevant to my interests as well

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 06:46 PM

It's the Aug issue. Was at the book store not out yet.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 07:18 PM

One just showed up on Detroit Craig's right now....asking $650 with a 5-45 RFE and a transfer case.

4x4 hemi rampage? (kidding)

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 09:16 PM

mattw is right, it's the aug. issue, just arrived tues. or so. the guy doing the conversion is A.C. Nutter, here's his web page, with a link to the Mopar action article.

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 10:11 PM

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 10:59 PM

Just read the article. Fiat needs to see the potential money they could be making. Release the CODES.

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/20/12 11:36 PM

Does anyone have a price on that Hemitronics unit yet...
that looks pretty good
Posted By: epijk

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/21/12 02:38 AM

The list price for the HemiTronix system is listed in the MOPAR ACTION article as $2500. Check out the web page and article for all the stuff it includes.
Here is a link to Nutter's HemiTronix page that should work:
Nutter Racing Engines

At the bottom of this web page there is a link to the MOPAR ACTION article. This is a really cool system!

(BTW, dyno testing this system with only a single plug per cylinder operating shows NO decrease in performance. In fact, the test mule described in the article showed a pretty reasonable INCREASE on one plug. Remember, the main reason for the second plug was for emissions; it fires during the overlap period)
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/21/12 02:45 AM

ive got an 08 complete 5.7 and auto tranny harnesses and ecm pcm and tranny with harness and computers.throttle pedal ect.
i paid 1700 from a wrecked charger with low miles..

i could be persuaded to let go of it...

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/21/12 02:50 AM

Quote:

The list price for the HemiTronix system is listed in the MOPAR ACTION article as $2500. Check out the web page and article for all the stuff it includes.
Here is a link to Nutter's HemiTronix page that should work:
Nutter Racing Engines

At the bottom of this web page there is a link to the MOPAR ACTION article. This is a really cool system!

(BTW, dyno testing this system with only a single plug per cylinder operating shows NO decrease in performance. In fact, the test mule described in the article showed a pretty reasonable INCREASE on one plug. Remember, the main reason for the second plug was for emissions; it fires during the overlap period)

Yeah I seen the web page and read the article.. I
must have missed the price... thanks
Posted By: JackGTX440

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/28/12 03:03 AM

Mr P Body, my old man has at least two brand new 6.1 crate motors still in the crate that he is looking to get rid of. PM me if you're interested.
Posted By: voigtspeed

Re: Prices On Gen 3 Hemi - 04/28/12 05:29 AM

Got a complete motor new from speedway motors garage sale $2,995 truck motor new mopar fan bellhouising alternator serp belt whole deal I belive they are all gone now

Hard to beat that deal

SPEEDWAY MOTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums