Moparts

Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win!

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/16/12 04:29 PM

Just wanted to give a shout out to our very own Tom Debartolo for his win at Mopars at the Strip in Quick 16. First race with his new engine and he brings home the bacon. Tom is the man When he gets a few more laps on this combo watch out!!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/16/12 04:32 PM

Congratulations.
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/16/12 05:12 PM

Way to go Tom looks like that Big High $$$ Indy engine might just pay for itself!
Can you share any of the times it ran with us...or do you need to keep them a secret for a while longer?

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/16/12 05:26 PM

Tpom had to catch a red eye flight last night so not sure when he will be able to reply. I will let him fill in the details. His final round opponent had a lucky day and Tom kicked his rear in the final..How do I know? Well I was his opponent in the final
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/16/12 05:28 PM

Good Job Tom and you too Al!
Posted By: poppaj

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/16/12 09:16 PM

Good job Tommy!!! Good job as well Al!!!poppaj

Attached picture 7167510-225545_10150602896845512_863140511_19032349_1587460_n.jpg
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/16/12 09:19 PM

Congrats to both of you. (((just between us, did you guys split it?)))

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 12:46 AM

2 Mopars in the Final doesn't get much better than that!
Congrats to you also Al.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 01:31 AM

Thanks for the kudos guys! It was cool to win that race again. Al had me as I mentioned in the other post, I missed the dial, and he just needed to be green by .030 to beat me. What a blast racing a fellow Mopar buddy and getting the win, it doesn't get much better than that! And I'll just say Al and I were both winners! He can elaborate if he wants to, but I've said enough.

Attached picture 7167853-19-114-Tom-Debartolo.jpg
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 02:22 AM

Congrats to both of you. Which car Al? must have been off the stop in the big tire car, if so what did it run?

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 05:18 AM

Let us just say Tom is a very gracious winner and a stand up guy

However I know I am going to have to hear about my defeat til I get a rematch

Bigcube it was in the big tire car. The small tire car woudl ahve qualified better If it got down the track that is
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 02:15 PM

Congrats to both of you guys!! Nice job by all!
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 03:31 PM

Congrats Tom!
Posted By: calmech67

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 03:34 PM

Congratulations Tom and Al making it to the final and yes Tom is definately the Big Cat in my book. Great to finally meet you and your son Al you guys made my group feel like we were at a family reunion even though it was the first time we meet and you can put a big H in hospitality. My son was able to win the closest to your dial pot in no electronics but lost out in second round of Pro by .003 at the stripe. All in all it was a great time for us because all the Mopar Family is so friendly. The rain gave a little dampner to the event I couldn't get my ride down the track on saturday, but it will give me an experience to log for a cold track. Hey great to convoy with you Alberta guys thru Utah for about a mile, you really put the pedal down, but then you have a lot further to go. Sorry I never found a gentleman named Cab Burge either I didn't look hard enough or you guys are funnin' me about him being a gentleman. Everyone have a great year racing stay safe and have fun. Cal

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 04:55 PM

Al,would you be interested in hiring not just a Bracket Racer but a Mopar Bracket Racer to do some driving for you? I most of the time get about 40% of the purse when I help out a friend of mine who sometimes takes 4-5 cars to the Big $$$ Bracket Races.But for you with the Hi-Quality Mopar's you have,just get me and my must have to win crew out there and don't let us starve to death we'll get the win's for you.

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 05:04 PM

Hey anyone has to be better than me for sure. The car is usually pretty killer so at least we know how to do that part of it. I do get lots of luck on my side for sure
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 05:43 PM

Congrats to both of you................. I was going to say hi Al but you looked busy and PISSED OFF! Got to see some great cars and racing and hang a bit w/a few folks and Cab which I havn`t seen in years. I also talked to David Young the technical editor of Mopar Muscle magazine about the street challenge w/my ugly heap and he said they will be looking for more cars like mine(ugly and fairly fast)next year so maybe that`s an option. I`m going to see what it takes to get in the mag before that IF possible..............congrats again to all!

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 06:40 PM

I think everyone thinks I look pi$$ed off all the time. That is rarely the case however. Must be the haircut and goatee Either that or think I'm a cop. Would have love to meet you Dom, maybe next time.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 11:21 PM

Quote:

Congrats to both of you................. I was going to say hi Al but you looked busy and PISSED OFF! Got to see some great cars and racing and hang a bit w/a few folks and Cab which I havn`t seen in years. I also talked to David Young the technical editor of Mopar Muscle magazine about the street challenge w/my ugly heap and he said they will be looking for more cars like mine(ugly and fairly fast)next year so maybe that`s an option. I`m going to see what it takes to get in the mag before that IF possible..............congrats again to all!

Al's always whining about something.. That's what we love about him..

You should see him after he loses first round..

Chris..

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/17/12 11:57 PM

Al, so you think you have a Goatee

Attached picture 7169081-mmp10.jpg.jpg
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/18/12 12:06 AM

Congrats Tom and Al, wish I could have seen more of Q16.

I saw Al up in the tower after the race and he was smiling ( a little)
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/18/12 03:07 AM

Quote:

Bigcube it was in the big tire car. The small tire car woudl ahve qualified better If it got down the track that is

So what did it run?

Congrats to both of you!
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/18/12 03:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

So what did it run?

Congrats to both of you!

Found all the info here

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/18/12 04:14 AM

Quote:

I think everyone thinks I look pi$$ed off all the time. That is rarely the case however. Must be the haircut and goatee Either that or think I'm a cop. Would have love to meet you Dom, maybe next time.

Now that you mention it, you do resemble one of the cops who "practiced"on me......... I was actually on limited time so I spent more time in the stands watching and drinking `s...........peace.
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/18/12 07:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Now that you mention it, you do resemble one of the cops who "practiced"on me......... I was actually on limited time so I spent more time in the stands watching and drinking `s...........peace.

Dom..

I was hanging out with the cops after I left Al's pit.. They were looking for you..

Chris..

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/18/12 05:45 PM

I`m not too concerned about those "old guys" I saw walking around with costumes on calling themselves cops.......... Sorry I missed you Chris..........maybe next time.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/20/12 01:33 AM

Tom !! Way to go !! Congrats on the rounds. There had to be some amazingly tough racers in that class. Congrats on the new mill working out great !.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Congrats to Tom Debartolo(camastomcat) on the Q16 win! - 04/21/12 04:27 PM

Quote:

Tom !! Way to go !! Congrats on the rounds. There had to be some amazingly tough racers in that class. Congrats on the new mill working out great !.

Al took it easy on me this time. It's good to have a few bucks to help out at the start of the year!

Attached picture 7173482-IMG_6742.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums