Moparts

5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES***

Posted By: Diablo

5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 03/29/12 11:56 PM

Well i'm on the road but i've got my boy doing some tech savey stuff to get this stuff online now. Maybe you can all amuse me on the last 9hrs of our drive home.

First off huge thanks to Goodwin Competition!! Great to work with and when I went to their shop I was treated beyond nice!! It was like the whole shop knew who I was already and was excited to see me off with my "new" engine.

So here is a little more exact info on the engine.

643ci
5inch Donovon custom water block.
5 inch pro mod heads. Custom by Goodwin.
2 Quick Fuel Carbs,
HRE custom intake
60 mm cam. over inch lift.
Isky EZ roll .937 keyed lifters.
Diamond pistons. 4.768 Bore
Bryant billet crank 4.5 stroke.
R&R 5 stage dry sump
Moroso 4 vane Pro mod vacuum pump.

Todd Goodwin set this engine up far from "set to kill". He set the cam and timing so I can go a complete season without changing valve springs and the engine is far from the edge.

He was pretty confident this engine the way its set up now will compete well against anything out there unless I go up against one of the newest 70k+$ engines.

Here is one of the dyno sheets I "can" show you.

I can also tell you by bumping up the timing 3 degrees (to 33) the engine perks up 30hp.

Also if I feel the need for more power there is a cam waiting for me which is closer to what his newest Hemi's run. This would put the engine "set to kill" and bring the hp up past the 1500hp mark. In doing that though valve springs would have to be changed every 10-12 runs SO for my first season with a beast like this i'm happy right where it is!!!!

This sheet was done on a DTS dyno.

Attached picture 7141736-photo.JPG

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 12:00 AM

Sorry the pics are sideways..... maybe someone can fix them

Attached picture 7141747-650hemi.JPG
Posted By: rickraw

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 12:02 AM

wowwwwww. nice numbers. good luck with it. seeya.
Posted By: jamesc

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 12:03 AM

-

Attached picture 7141752-dyno.JPG
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 12:15 AM

Obviously the engine is still too small..

Still have to go to 8000 to get those numbers..

I'm thinking 800" for those heads..

Nice though..

Chris..
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 12:21 AM

So do I win. I belive I said 1450 Nice numbers on the TQ side for sure. Mine peters out at 822ft/lbs at 7500. Of course the dyno pull did not start til 7500 either

10-12 runs on valvesprings. I would KILL to get 10-12 runs out of mine. More like 6-7 here
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 12:38 AM

Hello,

Looks like a big ball of fun for the season
What ya think about 4 slicks and some paved surface for fun

Good luck

Damon
Posted By: Dragula

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 12:56 AM

Quote:

Sorry the pics are sideways..... maybe someone can fix them

You da'man....That is awesome. I want one now.

Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 01:12 AM

Killer plant.....
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 01:22 AM

Quote:

-

1430 hp, and 1070 tq. was my guess. what a bitchen mill you have.cant wait to see how it dose in your truck!!!
Posted By: 72swgnr

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 01:27 AM

Nice numbers. For comparison sake can you post the dyno sheet from last years engine?
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 02:48 AM

The headline should read "Diablo proves Mopars can make killer power at 8000RPM and 650CI". Way to get it done!
Signed
Envious
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 03:44 AM

NICE Torque curve nice and flat,a real puller.
I will pray to the traction gods for you

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 06:41 AM

Do you have the BSFC numbers for the engine. I for one would not mind seeing those along with some EGT info. Curious how it compares to mine anyway. Super efficient chambers, very good heads for sure. Going to assume that maybe what is listed as AFR in the last column is EGT, or maybe just missing the decimal point?!?

FWIW here is the dyno sheet from my 499" 99. I know I have posted it before but might be fun to compare/contrast the two.
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 07:59 AM

Al
What has your car run before? I know you run up at altitude just curious about some closer to sea level numbers. Think about steering a customer toward a 99 project. Todd
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 02:31 PM

Nice, this was the motor I listed as my ultimate Mopar engine in the other thread. What block is it?

<edit> Nevermind, I just saw you listed the block in the top thread.

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 03:00 PM

Going to try and get some more pictures today. Got home at 3 am last night and just hit the bed!

Al, I'm sure those numbers are in Goodwins comp but I don't have them on me. There is another row of numbers on the Dyno sheet I have but they also say AFR. I'll photo copy the sheet and post again today.

I don't have any dyno numbers from last years upgraded 640 TS engine I ran. We started to run late building that engine last year and ended up just putting it in the truck so we didn't miss any pulls.

Oh Al, I couldn't imagine changing springs ever 5-7 runs!!! When Goodwin told me with the cam upgrade to my engine or that his new Billet Hemi's change them 10-12 I was happy he gave me the "tuned" down cam!!! Maybe your springs are even more expensive them mine but mine will be 600-650$ each change. Goodwin said that the way my cam is set up I should be able to go around 20-22 runs before changing them. And that's 20 pulling runs at 20 seconds on average a piece! So maybe that would be like 40ish Drag runs???

I'm heading outside now to get that beauty out the back of the truck!

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 04:19 PM

Diablo one major factor in valvespring life is engine RPM. At 8000 I would expect longer valvespring life as well. The valvetrain is what is most sensitve to RPM. Note my little engine is 800 rpm higher than yours at peak numbers. I shift it at 9300 and go through the traps at 9500.

To be honest we are at 6 passes on the current springs. However the previous spring only lasted for 6 passes before they went away. We switched to a new spring with a bit more installed pressure at 490 on the seat. So far they still have the same installed pressures as they did new so I am just specualting on lifespan. We check spring pressure after every pass as well as lash. With the new springs lash has also been rock solid and has not changed. I would be thrilled with 10-12, ecstatic if we got to 20, bit not thinking that is going to happen at all. The last set were dead at 6 passes, or one race. Only time will tell, but should know after or at the next event what thier lifespan is.

Been thinking if I keep it to just run it at a lower RPM. But it sure sounds cool at 9000+ Maybe swtiching converters and see what it does. We also have a different camshaft for the car with less lift, but from what I have seen and heard with these heads they are going to want RPM to make power period. The smaller cam is under .900" lift. Yours is the third big one I have seen. You are making power at a bit lower RPM than the other one I know of. I also know of a few in the 550" range and they are making power in the same place as me, just a bit more of it. So IMO these engines are not going to be very valvespring happy period. But like you I am a relative newbie with these things and there is not a lot of info out there so we can both be guinea pigs of sorts.

Todd we are still trying to figure this deal out. The car is heavy(3330)and on a true 10.5" tire with a ladder bar. So we cannot put all the power to the ground, YET. On the last two passes we had 10 degrees of timing out of it for 1.25 seconds to get it moving. Also still trying to get the fuel curve happy, and just added the O2's to help there. My best 60' in the car is 1.299. We have had a best ET of 8.42 and MPH right at 164 so far. We have also been faster and quicker on every pass with the car, with the exception of round one at SCSN where we ran just a tad slower than last qualifier after making a timing change. Still trying to get a handle on this 7531 stuff as well as the racepak data. We are learning, just my son and I and this stuff is all new to us. But we will go faster/quicker. Those numbers were at 3500-3600' DA.

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 08:38 PM

Got it out of the truck and into the garage!!!

Attached picture 7142994-photo(7).JPG

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 08:39 PM

Attached picture 7142995-photo(6).JPG

Attached picture 7142997-photo(3).JPG

Attached picture 7142999-photo(5).JPG

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 08:40 PM

Attached picture 7143000-photo(4).JPG

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 08:40 PM

Attached picture 7143002-photo(2).JPG

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 08:42 PM

Attached picture 7143005-photo(8).JPG

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 08:45 PM

Dyno sheet with that last column.

Attached picture 7143009-photo.JPG
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/30/12 08:58 PM

WOW
Posted By: gofish

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/31/12 01:22 AM

I was surprised to see a full oil pan instead of a dry sump system!

Danny
Posted By: Coldart

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 03/31/12 01:49 AM

Very impressive dyno sheet!
Would have to say Goodwin's got it going on w/that torque curve - looks like a diesel curve - should really pull
Make sure and get video's of your first pull - WITH SOUND.
Posted By: Defbob

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/31/12 08:18 PM

Quote:

Danny

he doesn't have to worry about ground clearance nor loss of traction if oil hits his tires

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/31/12 09:46 PM

Quote:

Danny

The pan does look pretty darn big!!

The thing is the block isn't a skirted block. So the Pan goes around the crank much like the newer pro stock stuff or GM stuff. It also has a big kick out on the side with a bunch of baffles and crap inside to get the oil out quick.

It has a 5 stage R&R dry sump pump. 3 stages sucking from the pan and one stage "T" ed off going to each head sucking oil from them.
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! *UPDATE* Dyno sheet and pictures - 03/31/12 11:11 PM

jes one intsy correction...in your first post you said "5 inch pro MOD" heads"..lol i kept looking for the BAE valve covers..

Posted By: Adrielp

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/01/12 12:47 AM

Quote:

Well i'm on the road but i've got my boy doing some tech savey stuff to get this stuff online now. Maybe you can all amuse me on the last 9hrs of our drive home.

First off huge thanks to Goodwin Competition!! Great to work with and when I went to their shop I was treated beyond nice!! It was like the whole shop knew who I was already and was excited to see me off with my "new" engine.

643ci
2 Quick Fuel Carbs,
HRE custom intake
R&R 5 stage dry sump

Todd Goodwin set this engine up far from "set to kill". He set the cam and timing so I can go a complete season without changing valve springs and the engine is far from the edge.

He was pretty confident this engine the way its set up now will compete well against anything out there unless I go up against one of the newest 70k+$ engines.

I can also tell you by bumping up the timing 3 degrees (to 33) the engine perks up 30hp.

Also if I feel the need for more power there is a cam waiting for me which is closer to what his newest Hemi's run. This would put the engine "set to kill" and bring the hp up past the 1500hp mark. In doing that though valve springs would have to be changed every 10-12 runs SO for my first season with a beast like this i'm happy right where it is!!!!

So I have a question out of pure curiosity. Can this engine here hang with the comparable stuff from Sonny's and Fulton in a drag racing application?

It seems like no one ever wanted to mess with these engines since there introduction. I would have thought there would be a ton of potential there considering what the 4.9BS engines have done in Pro Stock.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/01/12 01:09 AM

holy shishkabob!! someone should post that on the bullet...kinda makes a chevy big chief look like a booger!!! best of luck this yr with it. AndyB
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/01/12 02:05 AM

Quote:

holy shishkabob!! someone should post that on the bullet...kinda makes a chevy big chief look like a booger!!! best of luck this yr with it. AndyB

Capital idea....

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/01/12 08:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

643ci
2 Quick Fuel Carbs,
HRE custom intake
R&R 5 stage dry sump

So I have a question out of pure curiosity. Can this engine here hang with the comparable stuff from Sonny's and Fulton in a drag racing application?

It seems like no one ever wanted to mess with these engines since there introduction. I would have thought there would be a ton of potential there considering what the 4.9BS engines have done in Pro Stock.

In a truck pulling application I would say yes. This engine was built to compete with the Schmit and Sonny engines out there. The way Goodwin explained it was the only engines out there that will be will out power this one are the 70-80k engines schmit and sonny have.

And if you have that Money to spend then you could buy Goodwins full Billet Hemi which In my opinion is probably one of the most advanced engines out there. It was built and designed from the bottom up. His billet Hemi engine runs around 1570hp on his Dyno.

His 5 inch BS hemi's can go to 5.3 BS and up to a 1000ci+. He said once someone has the money to buy one he will build it and it seems anything that Goodwin does is top notch stuff!
Posted By: 7sec.cuda

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/03/12 06:54 PM

i just got my 550 cubic inch hemi back from Larry Morgan it made better than 1500hp (at better than 2.8 hp per cubic inch)if he had those kind of parts to work with i would be makin well over 1700 (just sayin) not bustin anybody chops
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/03/12 09:34 PM

Quote:

i just got my 550 cubic inch hemi back from Larry Morgan it made better than 1500hp (at better than 2.8 hp per cubic inch)if he had those kind of parts to work with i would be makin well over 1700 (just sayin) not bustin anybody chops

Im sure yours does, but this set up has the nuts in it, just dosnt want to beat the top end up. Id also hate to rr springs every 15 pulls either.

Im sure he could be right there with your in HP just dosnt want to for maintenance sake.

Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/03/12 11:44 PM

Quote:

What kind of HEMI? GenII (426), 99 HEMI, or? And what are the rough build specs of it (comp, cam, 2 Dominators, etc)?

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 12:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What kind of HEMI? GenII (426), 99 HEMI, or? And what are the rough build specs of it (comp, cam, 2 Dominators, etc)?

That's easy, its one of the Hemi99 one of two Mopar based engine combinations that can reach that HP level NA.
Posted By: Big B

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 01:31 AM

Well I'm sure if Goodwin put the 650 on kill and spun it to 10,000 rpms it would make north of 2000hp. Putting your 550 to shame. It's all relative.

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 01:41 AM

Quote:

First off, you have a very impressive engine at max effort 550CI hemi. Just curious, what does it run all out, and what is the weight of the car? 2nd the smaller the motor, the better HP per CI. 3rd Diablo has a less than all out hemi that makes very respectable power while retaining depenability. 4th We'll see how his motor hopfully allows him to win a championship next year. Just sayin.....

Attached picture 7150268-racecarwpredatorandgenerator002.JPG

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 01:43 AM

That's easy, its one of the Hemi99 one of two Mopar based engine combinations that can reach that HP level NA.

Just curious....what's the other one?

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 04:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

7SecCuda has a Hemi 99. I would imagine much like mine, built by someone who builds these on a daily basis, although these days the valve covers say Ford

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 03:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

7SecCuda has a Hemi 99. I would imagine much like mine, built by someone who builds these on a daily basis, although these days the valve covers say Ford

Cant be.....

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 03:45 PM

You be the judge..This is the "Ford" pro stock motor. Look familiar

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 04:35 PM

Quote:

You be the judge..This is the "Ford" pro stock motor. Look familiar

Oh I know Al, I wish there was a sarcasim smiley on here. I cant believe he hasnt done better with that Ferd, err Mopar since its been out.

HAHA, If ya look close enough you can almost see the grinder marks from them grinding off the HEMI off the valve cover LOL!!

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 04:58 PM

hey Al i bet u CANT bolt a set of mopar hemi valve covers on that FORD, but if we could that ford would make another 100 hp because it is a better design

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 05:00 PM

if i were to swing this thing north of 10,000 all i would have is a basket of pieces

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 05:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

First off, you have a very impressive engine at max effort 550CI hemi. Just curious, what does it run all out, and what is the weight of the car? 2nd the smaller the motor, the better HP per CI. 3rd Diablo has a less than all out hemi that makes very respectable power while retaining depenability. 4th We'll see how his motor hopfully allows him to win a championship next year. Just sayin.....

my signature gives information

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 05:58 PM

my signature gives information

Sorry, missed the weight. It factors to 1405HP on the Wallace calculator by ET. I know they are a bit low, so that's very impressive and I'm sure by your ET vs MPH, there's more there.

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 06:57 PM

Well Mopar has gone to the symetrical port head now so time will tell on that. If the Ford was capable of making another 100hp everyone would run a Ford, just sayin...15HP is this stuff is HUGE let alone 100.

No matter what we can all agree your car certainly runs well. And now with more power hopefully you can harness it all and the ET's will get even lower.

As for the 10,000 RPM thing. I know of a more than a few that are north of 11,000 Rpm in Comp. Hartford's motor is close to yours in cubes and he sees 10,700 pretty regularly. Spent a couple of hours with them at a divisional picking thier brains. Thiers is a Nickens piece with a lot of parts from Arrington car runs 6.60's at over 2000lbs. Hard to believe the performance these Pro Stock guys are abel to obtain ouot of these things for sure.

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 07:22 PM

Quote:

The 5inch BS Hemi99 configuration lol.

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 07:25 PM

Quote:

hey Al i bet u CANT bolt a set of mopar hemi valve covers on that FORD, but if we could that ford would make another 100 hp because it is a better design

What about the new spread port Hemi99 engine? Its the latest configuration and I have yet to see it or hear about it outside of the current Pro Stock competitors. I know they didn't change much but I wonder how much HP the new heads were worth.

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 07:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So...the Sonny's deal that uses a Mopar/Ford hemi design and a GM type bottom end. Oh, and they have the 5.3 bore center block as well.

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 07:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So...the Sonny's deal that uses a Mopar/Ford hemi design and a GM type bottom end. Oh, and they have the 5.3 bore center block as well.

As far as I know, Kaase and the engine builder for Diablo was the only builders messing with the 5inch BS Hemi99 engines. Larry O'Brien(the only dodge Mountain Motor Pro Stock Car) gets all of his parts and help from Kaase then they do the rest. Kaase actually advertises one of the big hemi99 engines while Sonny's does not. The Sonny's semi-hemi was not what I was referring too.

Follow this link: this is the other one I was referring to.
http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.com/pro...dodge-hemi.html

Attached picture 7151310-815mopardodgehemi.jpg

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/04/12 11:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As far as I know, Kaase and the engine builder for Diablo was the only builders messing with the 5inch BS Hemi99 engines. Larry O'Brien(the only dodge Mountain Motor Pro Stock Car) gets all of his parts and help from Kaase then they do the rest. Kaase actually advertises one of the big hemi99 engines while Sonny's does not. The Sonny's semi-hemi was not what I was referring too.

OK, so the same hemi99 type cyl head, just a different block. Because I thought the one Diablo had built was a 4.900 BS? Or was it?
Either way, these motors are way out of my pay scale. I called Sonny last week and they want $52,800 for a custom 676 Hemi that makes 1380. I'm not saying it's too much or anything, just beyond my wallets reach.

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/05/12 06:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK, so the same hemi99 type cyl head, just a different block. Because I thought the one Diablo had built was a 4.900 BS? Or was it?
Either way, these motors are way out of my pay scale. I called Sonny last week and they want $52,800 for a custom 676 Hemi that makes 1380. I'm not saying it's too much or anything, just beyond my wallets reach.

My engine was built on the 5 inch bore space platform. We used a 5inch Dovovan block. And I think its true that Goodwin and Kaase were two of very few Engine builders that worked on further developing the 5 inch BS stuff.

In the truck pulling world Money is not a problem for some and a 70-80k engine is something that is bought every second year to keep up with the newer technology.

The NTPA rules state N/A 650ci engine. So the top trucks in the country with the most expensive engines out there are running ALL out 650ci N/A engines. Now truck pulling all out may not be Pro stock all out. A Pulling engine has to last runs of around 20-25 seconds at full rpm. And I do not hear of guys rebuilding their engine mid season or after every run. Just the regular Valve spring maintenance.

Here are the links to the top 3 Pulling engines out there right now. Schmit, Sonny and Goodwin.

Schmit
http://www.steveschmidtracing.com/truck-pulling-engines/new/648-cu-in-bbc-truck-pull-engine

Sonny
http://www.sonnysracingengines.com/truck-pull-engines/sar-649-1575-hp-truck-pull-engine

Goodwin
http://goodwincompetition.com/hemi.htm

Also I have seen 500-550ci X-Pro stock engines be put into Pulling trucks and they just do not work well. They are very peaky engines and once that Skid pan drops and the engine starts to pull down the RPM the smaller Cubed engined drop straight on their face.

There is something called "one run engines" in Pulling. These are the guys that come in with these sick HP numbers for their engines and then you don;t see them at the track for the rest of the year. Usually because something went wrong in the engine and they need the rest of the season to get it back together.

But that one run is usually a pretty darn good show
Posted By: mcat4321

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/05/12 02:35 PM

diablo..
you dont have to defend your choice here.. haters are going to hate.. you do what you want, and screw everybody else... you got one bad sumbitch and you seem happy with it ... and that is ALL that matters..

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/05/12 03:57 PM

I cant wait for you to post some video of the thing in the truck. We want to hear it running the making a pull at full song

No doubt at all that these engines are very different from thier drag race bretheren. I woudl hope so as they have different intended uses. You mill makes really good torque and I have no doubt you will do well with it. I think you made the right choice and am looking forward to hearing the results. Good luck this year and go tear em up, or drag them through or whatever it is in the truck pull world

Re: 5" 650 HEMI! Dyno sheet and pictures **MORE PICTURES*** - 04/05/12 04:34 PM

Diablo, I am a BIG fan of truck, and tractor pulling, we go to the big Carrol Nebraska pull, and the newer thunder by the river pull in wisner Nebraska every year with great results. I remember as a boy the Gary Sellin HP in the wild fire truck, and he also did the big foot engines for a while. Well I remember the wild fire getting his but handed to him by a B1 powered dakota out of Iowa. You guys are very competitive and great guys in the pits to BS with.

Do ya ever have any plans of comeing down here for any of the big pulls? If so Id sure like to meet ya.

Kasey
© 2024 Moparts Forums