Moparts

INDY HI-PO hemi head

Posted By: robnbird

INDY HI-PO hemi head - 03/23/12 03:51 AM

Has anyone used these heads?
Posted By: astjp2

Re: INDY HI-PO hemi head - 03/23/12 03:59 AM

There are a lot of people asking questions on these heads. They sound like a good head, only time will tell. Tim

Re: INDY HI-PO hemi head - 03/23/12 04:12 AM

Quote:

There are a lot of people asking questions on these heads. They sound like a good head, only time will tell. Tim

well I have these heads and Im on the second set of custom piston from weisco and it doesn't look like these will work.
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: INDY HI-PO hemi head - 03/23/12 09:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

well I have these heads and Im on the second set of custom piston from weisco and it doesn't look like these will work.

trouble with the shape of the combustion chamber ???
Posted By: Dragula

Re: INDY HI-PO hemi head - 03/23/12 11:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What's up with them?

Re: INDY HI-PO hemi head - 03/23/12 02:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What's up with them?

I checked the clearance in the combustion chamber using clay. I installed the clay between the int and ex valves. pressed the piston down into the chamber. I have about 3/4 in clearance. I just don't think that is much compression
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: INDY HI-PO hemi head - 03/23/12 05:13 PM

cc the heads and check the down fill in the cylinders for true compression ratio.
© 2024 Moparts Forums