Moparts

will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo?

Posted By: toplescuda

will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 03/20/12 10:58 PM

Says the exh valve is rotated 2° so was wondering if my stoke style rocker stands will work with these heads?
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 03/21/12 12:31 AM

i thought they had cast in stands, .

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 03/21/12 12:48 AM

Pic dont show stands
Posted By: moparman89

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 03/21/12 02:10 AM

Only the 426-1 -1R -1RA etc have cast in stands. The SR and HiPo do not.
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 03/21/12 03:10 AM

Quote:

all Indy hemi's have cast in stands except the billet pro mod version. regular hemi rockers are what is used with them. for rockers if you don't have any yet be sure to get the lastest ones like stagev makes that have oiling holes correct

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 03/21/12 03:15 AM

Ok what is it??????????some of you are saying they dont have cast stands and some of you say they do head im refering to is the indy 426 hipo
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 03/21/12 03:32 AM

Can you post a picture? Otherwise you might want to ask a dealer. That is a fairly new head for Indy.
Mark
Posted By: gillman34

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 03/21/12 03:40 AM

Yes,factory parts fit.
If you need them Indy offers adjustable rocker stands.They use shims like B/RB,under the shafts.

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 03/21/12 03:47 AM

So that means ol man fred is wrong about some hemi stuff?
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 03/21/12 02:24 PM

Yes, the new Indy SR and HiPo take the regular hemi rocker setup.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 03/21/12 04:13 PM

Will it benifit to get the improved geometry stands? The ones that are .060 taller and wider? Thanks Tim
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 03/21/12 04:44 PM

Ralph
You may want to order the right pistons for these heads too. We ordered a set from Wiseco and they did not work. Too much clearance (over 1/2 inch) on the exhaust valve and no clearance on the intake valve. Cut the intakes over 200 thousands and they still would not work. Called Wiseco back and the same person told us they must have wrote the order down wrong for the HIPO heads. Said they have a different piston for them.
I don't think you will have any issues with your rocker stands. We used KB stands but they fit a stock head as well. The intake and exhaust Rockers all seemed to center over the valves. These heads really look like/remind me of pictures on here of a set of heads that just came from the head porters. they have the brass tubes for the push rods running through the side of the port walls.
Posted By: robnbird

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 06/07/12 05:18 AM

Quote:

Says the exh valve is rotated 2° so was wondering if my stoke style rocker stands will work with these heads?

yes your factory stands will work. And no they don't have built in stands Freddy . You will need custom pistons or order the pistons / with the heads from Indy. You can get them just at the same price or possibly for less streight from Indy. I made the stupid mistake of using a indy dealer. That will not happen again. We will see soon.

Attached picture 7239842-hemibuild.jpg
Posted By: robnbird

Re: will stock rocker/stands work on indy 426 hipo? - 06/07/12 05:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

all Indy hemi's have cast in stands except the billet pro mod version. regular hemi rockers are what is used with them. for rockers if you don't have any yet be sure to get the lastest ones like stagev makes that have oiling holes correct

I know you are just trying to help but, the hipo uses the stands just like factory ( factory type will work ). Now you can answer correctly.

Attached picture 7239850-hemibuild.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums