Moparts

HERE`S THE DEAL......................................

Posted By: Thumperdart

HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/20/12 06:11 PM

I can`t find one single truck to rent up here so does anyone local to Victorville Ca. want to tow me to Famoso this. fri. night? I`ll cover EVERYTHING.........food, room fuel...........Anyone? I promise you`ll have a great time with ol Thump..........NEVER a dull moment.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/20/12 06:13 PM

Quote:

I can`t find one single truck to rent up here so does anyone local to Victorville Ca. want to tow me to Famoso this. fri. night? I`ll cover EVERYTHING.........food, room fuel...........Anyone? I promise you`ll have a great time with ol Thump..........NEVER a dull moment.

I will. All shucks your to far away. Good-luck and I hope she runs great.

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/20/12 06:16 PM

I`ll pay your plane ticket one way............. Hopefully the cargo area can fit your truck and trailer......
Posted By: Labratt

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/20/12 06:17 PM

I would too!...if I lived out there...and had a truck of my own! I'm sure it would be a BLAST hangin' out with the "ThumpMaster"! Best of Luck with a tow,Dom! Hope the car runs GREAT! Randy

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/20/12 06:25 PM

Thankxxx guy`s.......... I`ll get there somehow cos this is my last hurrah for a long, long time as I don`t want to cage my car and go through the N.H.R.A. bs.
Posted By: Labratt

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/20/12 06:37 PM

I understand that sentament! Sometimes I wish I never put a 6-point in the ole' GTX!
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 12:15 AM

Quote:

I understand that sentament! Sometimes I wish I never put a 6-point in the ole' GTX!

I'm glaad I put the 6 point in mine.......makes people at the cruise in's think it's real fast

Good luck Dom. Hope you find a hauler so you can haul
Also hope your new surroundings are treating you well
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 12:17 AM

Home Depot rents daily.. So does U-Haul..

Chris..
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 12:35 AM

i can't believe someone out there can't hook you up. Guys around here would be all over that. (a free night at the races) Maybe you should put a post in the general section.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 01:16 AM

i'd do in a heartbeat. 3000 miles is a little far 4 me. good luck thumper. seeya.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 01:24 AM

Wish I was closer Dom
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 03:21 AM

Your on the WRONG coast

Attached picture 7128256-IMG_2201.jpg
Posted By: GwaiiEagle

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 03:24 AM

Bump!

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 03:51 AM

Thankxxx guys .............looks like we`re a go! A good friend of mine is rollin out there w/me Friday afternoon and I`m replacing his brake booster on his Dodge 4x4 truck in exchange for some `s, a kickin dinner and HOPEFULLY a new best. I just have to keep the partying to a minimal Friday night(ya right)so I can focus Sat. You guy`s are the best.................it calls for a 10% chance of rain right now so hopefully it`s dry and FAST...........
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 04:12 AM

Hope the air is good for ya! Famoso is one nice track!
Posted By: 572B1

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 04:14 AM

Hi Thump, how far is it from victorville to famoso raceway. My guess about 4-5 hrs. good luck on friday night.

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 04:32 AM

It`s about 3-3 1/2 hours from my door............not TOO bad actually. We`ll see if the new tires and fuel system get me there.
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 05:35 AM

Looks like the weather this weekend will be almost identical to the March Meet.....so...you "should"get that slip....I'll be rolling in EARLY Saturday am...Im only 2.5 hours north.
Posted By: 72swgnr

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/21/12 06:06 AM

Quote:

It`s about 3-3 1/2 hours from my door............not TOO bad actually. We`ll see if the new tires and fuel system get me there.

Come on man just drive it there and back. 3-3 1/2 hours is nothing

Joshking posted a link to a YB thread where a guy from new mexico drove his 8 second stang to florida and back on drag radial through snow and rain and won two races.

Just messin' with ya. Good luck and hopefully it performs the way you hope

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/22/12 04:42 AM

Quote:

Looks like the weather this weekend will be almost identical to the March Meet.....so...you "should"get that slip....I'll be rolling in EARLY Saturday am...Im only 2.5 hours north.

Once I get the boot ,I`ll look for ya.
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/22/12 05:00 AM

I hope you put radials on the old girl.....best of luck Dom....Phill
Posted By: racerx

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/22/12 05:01 AM

Quote:

Thankxxx guy`s.......... I`ll get there somehow cos this is my last hurrah for a long, long time as I don`t want to cage my car and go through the N.H.R.A. bs.

Thump. i did not no u don't have a cage what do u run to stiffen the chassis just frame connector?

Re: HERE`S THE DEAL...................................... - 03/22/12 05:44 AM

Thankxxx Phil............I went w/the Hoosier QTP`s again but may try the radials later on. I have beefy sub frame connectors and a 6-point bar Racer x.............
© 2024 Moparts Forums