Moparts

Who's good for crank work?

Posted By: curbman68

Who's good for crank work? - 03/05/12 06:10 PM

I need some work done on my crank and the guy I have used before seems to no longer be in business (Precision Crank in Detroit) so I'm looking for someone else. The crank I have has a flat fueler type flange on the back and I need an indexing ring put on it for the flywheel. Any recommendations on who to use?

Attached picture 7104593-005.JPG
Posted By: DRAG-ULA

Re: Who's good for crank work? - 03/06/12 06:56 PM

Moldex in Redford MI

www.moldexcrankshaft.com
Posted By: jamesc

Re: Who's good for crank work? - 03/06/12 07:53 PM

i would think any competent machinist with a lathe could perform that operation
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Who's good for crank work? - 03/06/12 08:19 PM

Are you referring to the lip that is sticking out
on the back.... have a ring machined up and press
it in... tack weld it if you want
Posted By: curbman68

Re: Who's good for crank work? - 03/06/12 09:02 PM

Quote:

Are you referring to the lip that is sticking out
on the back

Yes, that is what I need, sounds like it's no big deal then. Excellent! I did call Moldex, they said they are in the process of moving, won't be up and operating for a couple weeks. Anybody know what happened to Precision Crank and John Kaminsky, nice guy and excellent work.
Posted By: W5DART66

Re: Who's good for crank work? - 03/06/12 09:20 PM

Quote:

I need some work done on my crank and the guy I have used before seems to no longer be in business (Precision Crank in Detroit) so I'm looking for someone else. The crank I have has a flat fueler type flange on the back and I need an indexing ring put on it for the flywheel. Any recommendations on who to use?

Adney performance crankshaft call him at
586-549-7557
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Who's good for crank work? - 03/06/12 10:40 PM

The ring is NO big deal at all. I have even made one myself on a 340 crank. It had all that stuff cut off it for some crazy circle track idea that didnt work, I made one for the kid when I was in college, and made it about a .002 press fit, and then we tig welded it in. As far as I know its still in the, more than likely blown up, but still in the crank. Dirby car....
© 2024 Moparts Forums