Moparts

Bittersweet Day

Posted By: RBDuster

Bittersweet Day - 02/25/12 07:41 PM

Well after 15 plus years I sold the Duster today. It is heading North to a good home. Hope it creates as many great memories for the new owner.

Now does anybody have a dragster for sale.

Attached picture 7089704-NewHome004.jpg
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Bittersweet Day - 02/26/12 12:25 AM

Take a look on Racingjunk. My buddy was showing me one listed for sale there. It could be bought with a Hemi in it or as a roller. Dave
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: Bittersweet Day - 02/26/12 12:55 AM

Danny Walker in Yarnell, AZ is selling his dragster on Racejunk
Posted By: cgall

Re: Bittersweet Day - 02/26/12 02:48 AM

Has it been that long ago? I remember a garage-built bracket car in my neighborhood for sale in a guy's front yard with flat tires, I called a buddy who was interested in getting into bracket racing and told him to go look at the car. He says the car is sold, come to find out later RBDuster has bought the car. Car is cleaned up, tuned up, a few parts added and it runs 7.00 ET in the 1/8th.

Fast forward a few years and this Duster has had a complete makeover, 9" rear, LRT front end with rack, disc brakes, engine limiter, dzus trans tunnel, full circuit wiring harness, and then a 511" big block that ran (RBDuster fill in here). The paint and incredible gold-leaf graphics were done by K. Locker.

I can't begin to remember how many races this car has run/won. In 2005 or 6 when JJ had the CC series, they had a Pro Race of Champions at Indy and Don S. won it. He also won the gambler on Sat. and S/P on Sunday. I think he made the semis in Q-16 too.

When they ran the first US Open race at Tri-State, Don let Don L. drive the car in the $32K No-Box race. Don L. drilled Anthony Bertozzi in the second round, then ran NHRA champ Isaac Zane in the quarters. Zane would not split the money, so thay ran for it, Zane won a narrow margine. Next round Zane got whacked and two local racers split the $32K.

I have a few more stories about this car, I was fortunate to drive it myself. Sad to see it go.....
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: Bittersweet Day - 02/26/12 03:00 AM

i have looked at your car at edgewater several times. but i never spoke to you though.i love the name on the car.i have owned my 65 for thirty years.i would be hard pressed to sell it.but if enough money was offered anything is possible i guess.

Attached picture 7090322-2681496839_581093a0b4_o.jpg

Re: Bittersweet Day - 02/26/12 01:42 PM

Quote:

Has it been that long ago? I remember a garage-built bracket car in my neighborhood for sale in a guy's front yard with flat tires, I called a buddy who was interested in getting into bracket racing and told him to go look at the car. He says the car is sold, come to find out later RBDuster has bought the car. Car is cleaned up, tuned up, a few parts added and it runs 7.00 ET in the 1/8th.

Fast forward a few years and this Duster has had a complete makeover, 9" rear, LRT front end with rack, disc brakes, engine limiter, dzus trans tunnel, full circuit wiring harness, and then a 511" big block that ran (RBDuster fill in here). The paint and incredible gold-leaf graphics were done by K. Locker.

I can't begin to remember how many races this car has run/won. In 2005 or 6 when JJ had the CC series, they had a Pro Race of Champions at Indy and Don S. won it. He also won the gambler on Sat. and S/P on Sunday. I think he made the semis in Q-16 too.

When they ran the first US Open race at Tri-State, Don let Don L. drive the car in the $32K No-Box race. Don L. drilled Anthony Bertozzi in the second round, then ran NHRA champ Isaac Zane in the quarters. Zane would not split the money, so thay ran for it, Zane won a narrow margine. Next round Zane got whacked and two local racers split the $32K.

I have a few more stories about this car, I was fortunate to drive it myself. Sad to see it go.....

Yes it is hard to believe I have had the car that long. The Pro Race of Champions win was in 2004 at Norwalk. Car ran a best in the 1/8th of 6.01 and the motor was a 520. I will miss the wheels up launches.

Attached picture 7090769-DSC_0436.JPG-1.JPG
Posted By: clyde

Re: Bittersweet Day - 02/26/12 04:00 PM

Attached picture 7090927-cars004.jpg

Re: Bittersweet Day - 02/26/12 05:48 PM

Quote:

Thanks
Posted By: dodgem_doug

Re: Bittersweet Day - 02/26/12 06:33 PM

Don, Rest assured the car will be well taken care of and raced hard. Those will be some big shoes to fill(not that you have big feet). Thanks again!

Re: Bittersweet Day - 02/26/12 06:43 PM

Quote:

Don, Rest assured the car will be well taken care of and raced hard. Those will be some big shoes to fill(not that you have big feet). Thanks again!

I have no doubt that the car will be taken care of and raced hard.

P.S. I did find a hat that I will give you when I come up. I also have the wire needed to hook up your MSD. I will contact you later this week.
Posted By: FY1TA

Re: Bittersweet Day - 02/27/12 03:39 AM

Quit whinnin and spend that money .

Re: Bittersweet Day - 02/27/12 12:52 PM

Quote:

Quit whinnin and spend that money .

That's the plan
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Bittersweet Day - 02/28/12 08:46 AM

Don, Doug will take Great Care of it and you will see him at some of the events. He may sh-t his pants if he doesn't take the change in ET slowly. He's going from 14's to 9's and now with the wheels in the air. I may have to show him how it is or we will have to put a BIG piece of wood under the go pedal. He will need 2 diapers when he gets racing. ha ha ha
I had my race car since 1989 and just sold it last fall. I miss it some but I also know it went to a Good Home and am Good with that.
I am not doing another race car at this time but restoring my 6pk 69 RR so I can Enjoy it more then I was using my race car.
Good Luck this season and I will see you around.
David
© 2024 Moparts Forums