Moparts

What is Maximum CR You can run on Alcohol?

Posted By: MRMOPAR622

What is Maximum CR You can run on Alcohol? - 02/19/12 06:29 PM

What is the maximum compression you can run on alcohol using Ron's Terminators with aluminum block 4.50 bore and aluminum heads on an all out race engine? Would the maximum compression make the maximum horsepower? On this type engine with the o-ring in the head and receiver groove in the block using copper head gaskets, what would be the thickest head gasket you could use? I'm just looking for ways to improve the combination of my engine to get all the horsepower I can. Thanks
Posted By: Diablo

Re: What is Maximum CR You can run on Alcohol? - 02/19/12 09:53 PM

I am not sure what max would be but our 640 TS engine ran 16-1 compression.

That is with an alum block, 4.570 bore O ring heads and receiver grove block.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: What is Maximum CR You can run on Alcohol? - 02/19/12 09:58 PM

Methanol? all out race I would say 15/15.5 to 1 and maybe more start rich and then lean it back.
would probably like lots of total timing too!
Copper gaskets are available .032 up to .093 and I'm sure you can order way over .100? Quench is not an issue on a high compression race motor especially on Meth.

Posted By: gregsdart

Re: What is Maximum CR You can run on Alcohol? - 02/20/12 03:51 AM

i run methanol with a Terminator, 4.5 bore 4.15 stroke Mega block. My mentor is a well known head porter/engine builder, and advised me to stay at 15.5 to 15.25 to 1 for best results. He stated that any more compression needed a less than optimum tune to not hurt parts and make max power.
Posted By: curleysracecars

Re: What is Maximum CR You can run on Alcohol? - 02/20/12 04:54 AM

We ran 16:1 for two years running Top Sportsman and had absolutely no problems. No water though...so just a copper gasket...no orings.
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: What is Maximum CR You can run on Alcohol? - 02/20/12 06:06 AM

My current setup is a 15.8 to 1 with two injectorators on a tunnel ram. It make real good power. I would run as much compression you get with flat tops. A dome gets in the way.

A .035" Cometic gasket

Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: What is Maximum CR You can run on Alcohol? - 02/20/12 03:22 PM

The reason I asked on another forum a Renegade dealer posted a long topic looks like it might have been from Renegade that said any thing 15-1 and above alcohol was not recommended because it would not burn good and would run better with race-gas. I did not put much into his information,but just wanted to make sure I was where I needed to be.Thanks everyone for the help.
© 2024 Moparts Forums