Moparts

WS Fiberglass

Posted By: 1965wedge

WS Fiberglass - 02/14/12 10:50 PM

Has anyone dealt with this company? Quality? Delivery time? Other issues? Need doors, hood w/scoop and rear bumper for a 65 Coronet.
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 12:38 AM

yes the hood on my dart and the hood on my dads deamon. good stuff did not know there still around

Attached picture 7071534-DSC02182_A.JPG
Posted By: nss guy

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 12:50 AM

I have their hood, good product

not sure how the business is since walt sr. passed
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 01:07 AM

Me and a friend got thier Dart GTS hoods back in the 90's and they were great!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 01:23 AM

Yes I have..Six months to wait for a Hood for a Valiant. Lots of calls and lots of unfulfilled promises. Then first pass down the track with the hood on and this is what we got at about the 800' mark .It got really good air though in my opinion run far and fast...
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 01:26 AM

This was about 6 seconds earlier. looked good for a little but. The scoop was held on to the hood with foam insulation and a little glass. That was what I got for 6 months of waiting and $800 of my money.

Oh almost forgot. They were supposed to let me know when it shipped as it was freight collect. Surprise surprise it just showed up one dat, good thing I was at the shop that day with money..
Posted By: webemopes

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 01:57 AM

walt has passed away but i think his son is still in business.they have done most of the glass on bob reed`s,arlen vanke,john baughman,and the list goes on and on.kenny`s cowl hood that he had on his dart came from them and he couldn`t have been happier.all their stuff is handlaid.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 03:01 AM

I got 1 of there fiberglass A body dash's and all I can say is what a piece of crapola that was.
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 03:16 AM

2 glass bumpers. Just CRap!
And took a while to do.

Try VFN lots of good comments
Posted By: 65dragnet

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 03:20 AM

Hood and front bumper from them on my 65 coronet, hood was ok not great but ok. Front bumper crooked ill fitting piece of junk, but lightweight.
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 03:31 AM

It sounds like hit or miss, I am also a miss. I bought a 66 hemi scoop and it had a huge dip in the middle and gel coat was chipped all around. try Sled City

http://www.sledcityevents.com/contact-us/
Posted By: MFR440

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 03:42 AM

Quote:

Has anyone dealt with this company? Quality? Delivery time? Other issues? Need doors, hood w/scoop and rear bumper for a 65 Coronet.

Yes. We bought a '65 Dodge Coronet hood from them and it was junk. We showed them where their mold was bent on the front corner, and they denied it. Walk down the line of N/SS cars some time and you can tell which ones have that hood...except ours after

That was a long time ago, but with their state of denial I would doubt they ever fixed the problem.
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 02:39 PM

I knew it was bad when the guy answered the phone and said, "Hello" from my experience when they answer the phone without saying the name of the business/ who they are they don't really take it serious. I used glasstek instead and are very pleased.
Posted By: jcc

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 04:48 PM

They were my only source for 62 FG hoods, I would use them again if they were the only solution.
Posted By: mokid

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/15/12 07:17 PM

I bought a SS Hood for my Barracuda and Bumpers, When the Hood was delivered it was out of the box had been sliding around the truck all the corners were knocked off scoop was coming off hood, I realize this was just as much the fault of trucking co. but when I called WS they said send it back but it will be another 3 or 4 weeks to make new one, I have heard nothing but good from GlassTeck
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/16/12 01:49 AM

Quote:

I knew it was bad when the guy answered the phone and said, "Hello" from my experience when they answer the phone without saying the name of the business/ who they are they don't really take it serious. I used glasstek instead and are very pleased.

X2..............I ordered some fiberglass bumper brackets......they said it would take 2 weeks......3 months later, after MANY phone calls and promises, they finally show....
Posted By: DusterDog

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/16/12 10:49 PM

.............I ordered some fiberglass bumper brackets......they said it would take 2 weeks......3 months later, after MANY phone calls and promises, they finally show....

That's the same problem I had with them as far as the time, & phone thing, plus they sent the stuff UPS C.O.D. after I had already put a 50% deposit on the parts, & told them to let me know when the stuff was done so I could send the balance. The UPS guy shows up with this bill & I didn't have a money order to give him!!! He had to come back the next day so I could pay him.

I'd say try Sled City.....
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/17/12 02:57 AM

I bought WS fenders and a hood for the cuda when I was building it. I d#$ked around with fenders for a couple of weeks trying to get them to fit correctly while denying I wasted $500.00 on them. The drivers side was terrible. There was a bow right at the top of the wheel opening and the lower front area would not fit the lower valance at all. I decided to take the hit and order a set from AAR and they were pretty nice. I kept the WS hood more so because of the money already spent on it, not because I was happy with it. I originally wanted 4 or 5 hood pins to attach it like the original SS cars. The hood was so bad that it took 13 fasteners to get it to lay flat. Since it took 13 fasteners, I didn't use pins. I went with dzus fasteners. HTH, Beep
Posted By: 572_dup2

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/17/12 03:07 AM

I got my cowl hood an both bumpers from them. I thought they were good.
Posted By: A/MP

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/18/12 05:26 AM

The father has passed away and the son is running the business solo. It is a two man job and I think he misses his dad. It's hit or miss. The pricing is right when the work is good.
Posted By: Eric

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/18/12 05:36 AM

Quote:

The father has passed away and the son is running the business solo. It is a two man job and I think he misses his dad. It's hit or miss. The pricing is right when the work is good.

Thats actually very sad. RIP
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/18/12 05:56 AM

The problem is that the work was bad when Walt Sr was still alive.

When I had my '65 Coronet Sedan painted (WS hood, trunk, fenders, and bumpers), the painter told me that it was the worst fiberglass he had ever seen. The front bumper was warped so bad that I had to leave the parking lights out because they would not sit in the holes anything remotely close to even. The scoop was full of pinholes, as was the seam where the scoop was bonded to the hood. The passenger's side fender also had a nasty lump in the top that required cutting a whole section out of the fender and re-doing it. In the end, for the weight that was saved, and the work required, I should have left the steel on that car.
Posted By: cheapracer

Re: WS Fiberglass - 02/18/12 06:33 AM

I know sled city fiberglass makes all 65 parts and also the AWB parts.
© 2024 Moparts Forums