Moparts

Re: The Daytona is in the bodyshop . " UPDATE 2-24 12

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: The Daytona is in the bodyshop . " UPDATE 2-24 12 - 02/14/12 08:02 PM

After my little rollover at Norwalk (Sept 2010) I received the call from Moparts member "bodywork racing" refereed by his friends as Dusty, to bring the Daytona to his shop so he could get started doing the needed repairs. Thank God he is capable of not only the fiberglass repair work but he also is doing some aluminum repair and changing out one cage bar damaged in the wreck. Here are a couple of pictures after the wreck and some of the ones I took today. I removed all the lexan to make it a little easier to do the work.

Repairs under way

Here's the donor car

Posted By: Kindafast

Re: The Daytona is in the bodyshop - 02/14/12 10:52 PM

Very cool. I hope he get's it done fast for ya, I really like that body style. I work on a friend of mine 91 Daytona race car when he tears it up. Keep us posted.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: The Daytona is in the bodyshop - 02/15/12 01:35 PM

Good luck,John!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: The Daytona is in the bodyshop - 02/15/12 11:26 PM

Quote:

Good luck,John!

X2

Re: The Daytona is in the bodyshop - 02/15/12 11:58 PM

Thanks guys. Dusty may have another car coming in this week and that would kinda push mine in the corner for awhile. That's were they make the money and only take on jobs like this as fill ins and the love of race cars. My duster is ready to race except Matt and I may paint it before the season starts. His engine is apart and ready for a freshen job and his car will have a cage installed soon. Come on race season.
Posted By: Eric

Re: The Daytona is in the bodyshop - 02/16/12 03:39 AM

Give me a shout if you need a hand John...nce to see it going back together

Re: The Daytona is in the bodyshop - 02/16/12 04:06 AM

Quote:

Give me a shout if you need a hand John...nce to see it going back together

Thanks Eric. It won't be out this year because of funds. Its a choice of spending to get it finished or racing the Duster and I would rather race. Even after the body is finished I still need a new wing, slicks, belts, new certification, lexan for windows, and I would love to update to a spring launcher for the chute. I also want to check out the engine and put my B1's on so hopefully next year.

Re: The Daytona is in the bodyshop . " UPDATE 2-24 12 - 02/24/12 08:29 PM

Stopped out to see the Daytona today and get an update on how things are going. Dusty was laid up with the flu for a couple of days but there have still been a lot of progress going on. Cage has been repaired, roof installed, passenger side quarter panel is on and close to being finished, doors repaired and adjusted, and the new rear panel is being finished up. He has another car (deer damage) coming in on Monday so he will have to jump on that. Dusty and Markis are not only great at doing body work but have great fabrication skills. Here are some update pictures.

Posted By: cgall

Re: The Daytona is in the bodyshop . " UPDATE 2-24 12 - 02/24/12 11:53 PM

Looking good, glad to see you are getting it repaired.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: The Daytona is in the bodyshop . " UPDATE 2-24 12 - 02/25/12 01:23 AM

Those guys are fast!
© 2024 Moparts Forums