Moparts

Lexan ???

Posted By: BIGBLOCK_KAT

Lexan ??? - 02/10/12 11:00 PM

I was talking with my chassis guy about doing my lexan windows. He was telling me they make a lexan with a coating that actually sort of repels dust. Told me if I did a little leg work searching for it, he would take some off the bill So just thought I would post this.
Posted By: 23T Hemmee

Re: Lexan ??? - 02/10/12 11:15 PM

It's called Marguard, more expensive than straight lexan, but stays a lot more clear without the hazing and streaking of regular lex.
Posted By: BIGBLOCK_KAT

Re: Lexan ??? - 02/10/12 11:27 PM

Quote:

It's called Marguard, more expensive than straight lexan, but stays a lot more clear without the hazing and streaking of regular lex.

Thanks, I found the earlier post about lexan and called a dealer for pro glass. Seems pricey but they sell it as a kit for your vehicle. I really don't know what lexan goes for but the windows have to be factory thickness...3/16?? anyway he will be calling back est. @ $1100. and availability for '09 Challenger ?
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Lexan ??? - 02/10/12 11:39 PM

It doesn't "repel dust", it is "abrasion resistant". They put an aluminum oxide coating on the surface. You can actually buy it with either one side or both sides coated. Most plastics suppliers won't have it and will likely only sell you a skid of it. Your best bet would be to find a big roundy-round shop. You could try MotorState or Allstar but they're distributors, not retailers.
© 2024 Moparts Forums