Moparts

Chassis question

Posted By: cbarracuda

Chassis question - 02/10/12 10:31 PM

How do you hook a car with a strut front end If the entire travel of the strot is only 3 1/2 inches, and there is only 1.75 inches for the front to come up?
I'm building a full frame for my Cuda and a 4-link and i'm trying to understand what would happened if there is no front end lift and there is only 650 hp on the car.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Chassis question - 02/10/12 10:51 PM

Quote:

How do you hook a car with a strut front end If the entire travel of the strot is only 3 1/2 inches, and there is only 1.75 inches for the front to come up?
I'm building a full frame for my Cuda and a 4-link and i'm trying to understand what would happened if there is no front end lift and there is only 650 hp on the car.

Actually the strut is down father than 1/2 way...
most of the travel is rebound/extension... on my
Strange struts they said 1/2" between the rubber bumper
to the shock housing.... also set the engine back
farther to get better transfer... if you need more
raise the engine up

Re: Chassis question - 02/10/12 11:24 PM

Good explanation, thank you. I am also going to use strange struts and they have a kit with brakes and bottom A arm, but they say no seal nor bearings on the kit, So I guess they are taking about the inner grease seal and inner-outter bearings, right?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Chassis question - 02/10/12 11:32 PM

Quote:

Good explanation, thank you. I am also going to use strange struts and they have a kit with brakes and bottom A arm, but they say no seal nor bearings on the kit, So I guess they are taking about the inner grease seal and inner-outter bearings, right?

My kit came with hubs, brakes, struts and bearings,
and the lower ball joint and arms... everything needed
for the front suspension (lacking the mounting points)

Re: Chassis question - 02/11/12 12:03 AM

Thatīs the kit I need to get. Iīll call Strange on monday.
Thanks for the info
© 2024 Moparts Forums