Moparts

stock LA rollers lifters . circa 88

Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

stock LA rollers lifters . circa 88 - 02/10/12 12:27 AM

what is it with these factory roller lifters?
the truck only has 61k miles..the first time i had to put a lifter in it...had to buy all 16
i put a set of factory lifters in this motor 3 yrs ago.
only put 20k miles..ive got one that went bad again.
it appears to have collapsed..now im wishing i didnt throw out all the old ones...i only need an intake lifter for cyl #6

is there an afordable aftermarket lifter thats better? direct fit..?

now i gotta pull the intake and see whats up..

anyone have any old left over or not using roller lifters for a 88 model 318? I need 2..lol.

cheapst
Posted By: mshred

Re: stock LA rollers lifters . circa 88 - 02/10/12 03:41 AM

I had a similar problem with mine. Stock roller lifters in a 150k shortblock...I cleaned them all, inspected them, put em back together, only to have one collapse...buy a new set of 16 mopar stock replacements, check them all, stick em in, and again one collapses...Not sure what the cause of it is though, since it was different ones that were collapsing
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: stock LA rollers lifters . circa 88 - 02/10/12 06:29 AM

Quote:

what is it with these factory roller lifters?
the truck only has 61k miles..the first time i had to put a lifter in it...had to buy all 16
i put a set of factory lifters in this motor 3 yrs ago.
only put 20k miles..ive got one that went bad again.
it appears to have collapsed..now im wishing i didnt throw out all the old ones...i only need an intake lifter for cyl #6

is there an afordable aftermarket lifter thats better? direct fit..?

now i gotta pull the intake and see whats up..

anyone have any old left over or not using roller lifters for a 88 model 318? I need 2..lol.

cheapst

we sell singles if you need one. they're a few bucks more when buying them that way but a lot cheaper than buying a full set. i think they're like 11.95 a piece.
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: stock LA rollers lifters . circa 88 - 02/10/12 04:31 PM

the issue i was hoping to achieve with getting a used one is..if it had not failed...it might be a good one..
verses
buying new ones and getting a defective part and continuing this silly game...lol..
sort of thinking..
Posted By: dogdays

Re: stock LA rollers lifters . circa 88 - 02/10/12 04:47 PM

There are probably a milion of them out driving around and failures are not common.
R.
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: stock LA rollers lifters . circa 88 - 02/10/12 08:39 PM

Quote:

the issue i was hoping to achieve with getting a used one is..if it had not failed...it might be a good one..
verses
buying new ones and getting a defective part and continuing this silly game...lol..
sort of thinking..

mo problem, you asked if anyone had singles and we do. failures are not common/ i throw away the old ones when we do rebuilds on the magnum motors and we haven't had a single failure that i know of.
i'm sure somebody has to have some old lifters, hopefully they'll see this thread.
© 2024 Moparts Forums