Moparts

Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie.

Posted By: Dart Racer

Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 12:28 AM

Just have to give a shout out to the folks at Fontana who prepped a great track for the TNT on Sunday. I got in 9 runs between 9AM and 3PM...... Just a great day of testing and I learned a bunch. Had my best 60's ever (new best of 1.391)and they were repeatable, which I had been fighting.

If any of you guys race an index, or even bracket class, you really should look at the ET Genie. Big gain over the old bolt on the carb linkage with a much more stable 60 fts and a better, more accurate predicitablity of ET.
Posted By: Sam Robinson

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 02:00 AM

Great talking to you and thanks for the hood scoop info
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 02:27 AM

what is an ET Genie??
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 04:24 AM

maybe this?
http://www.etgenie.com/
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 04:42 AM

This is what I use and cant believe how easy it is to swap plates..

http://www.restrictorplate.com/howitworks.html

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 04:49 PM

Deep pockets nailed it. What I like is the incredible fine tuning you can get, down to the thousanths of an inch.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 04:59 PM

Wait a minute...hold the phones....I thought I read elsewhere the traction there was horrible!....

Congrats...interetsing to see the Genie working....gonna have to try one on some customers cars I guess.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 05:11 PM

Amazing how consistent one can be on a throttle stop huh Congrats on the successful outing. Looks like we will be seeing you in Vegas in a couple of weeks as I am going to pass on going to Phoenix for the National event due to no info. Going to get some info at the PSCA race inistead.
Posted By: Lil Demon

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 06:28 PM

This thing looks great and perfect for those of us with a tunnel ram. y problem will be the 1" height - I don't have that much room - would need a custom one (says they can make them smaller). Nice find Tom.
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 06:49 PM

Quote:

Wait a minute...hold the phones....I thought I read elsewhere the traction there was horrible!....

If they only allowed strip style tire cars, the track stays pretty good most of the day.

On the street legal days, when regular street tire cars are running the track makes HUGE swings in traction.

Guessing the Sunday TnT was not similar to the street legals that ran on Saturday.

Tom, Good to read the results!
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 07:01 PM

Quote:

That's for sure! We're trying that deal on our car and so far we like it. Although the "12-flat" plate goes 11.60's. Oops. But I will say, Brent is a great guy to work with.

It's too bad Infineon won't let you run 2 bracket classes any more as that is why we bought it. Sac will probably do the same this year...Bah humbug!

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 07:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That's for sure! We're trying that deal on our car and so far we like it. Although the "12-flat" plate goes 11.60's. Oops. But I will say, Brent is a great guy to work with.

It's too bad Infineon won't let you run 2 bracket classes any more as that is why we bought it. Sac will probably do the same this year...Bah humbug!

Infineon will let you enter more than one class with the same car..

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 08:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Infineon will let you enter more than one class with the same car..

We were told twice last year that running in 2 SUMMIT ET classes was no longer permitted when trying to buy 2 tech cards. A Summit ET class and a .90 class on the same day is okay, but our wanting to run Pro and Sportsman: No go.

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 08:25 PM

Quote:

We were told twice last year that running in 2 SUMMIT ET classes was no longer permitted when trying to buy 2 tech cards. A Summit ET class and a .90 class on the same day is okay, but our wanting to run Pro and Sportsman: No go.

Pro and Trophy is done at EVERY race... with sportsman, you might run into equipment/ET problems..

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 10:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Pro and Trophy is done at EVERY race... with sportsman, you might run into equipment/ET problems..

That was the purpose of getting Brent's plate. No plate for low 10's to run Pro and one plate for low 12's to run Sportsman. Sac allowed it (at lease the last 3 races we tried it at) but the rumor is they will follow Infineon's lead and do the same. I would think the track(s) would want all of the revenue they could get these days...Oh well.
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/07/12 11:22 PM

Both of these setups are very interesting. How does it affect jetting? Or is there no change with either of these restrictor plates.

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/08/12 01:21 AM

Quote:

Both of these setups are very interesting. How does it affect jetting? Or is there no change with either of these restrictor plates.

With the plate set up.. there is no need to change the jetting.. The EZ plates come with something like 20 different plates... each of a different size.. to slow you down to your desired ET..

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/08/12 01:23 AM

Quote:

That was the purpose of getting Brent's plate. No plate for low 10's to run Pro and one plate for low 12's to run Sportsman. Sac allowed it (at lease the last 3 races we tried it at) but the rumor is they will follow Infineon's lead and do the same. I would think the track(s) would want all of the revenue they could get these days...Oh well.

I'm just guessing here.. but maybe because the two classes are called one after the other...

You call always ask a question at the Infineon forum..
http://forums.gospeedway.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=21
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/08/12 03:53 AM

I just use a modified version of the Moroso stop which is basically a bolt to keep the throttle from opening all the way. It works great and has helped me slow down from mid-high Tens to 11.50s to run Street Eliminator resulting in great consistency, round wins and Eliminator Wins. I`m always looking to be even better and have looked at the model that you change plates with but because of my carb, spacer and water jumper hose setup it would`t be easy on my application, However this ET Genie sparks my interest.

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/08/12 07:42 AM

Quote:

However this ET Genie sparks my interest.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them. Car responds much better than the bolt stop. Did you go to their web site?
Posted By: formula S

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/08/12 09:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

However this ET Genie sparks my interest.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them. Car responds much better than the bolt stop. Did you go to their web site?

What is the cost of the ET Genie?

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/08/12 08:53 PM

From their website:

Holley 4150 bolt pattern - Up to 1.800" throttle plate diameter
INCLUDING THE INDICATOR PORT AND DIAL INDICATOR!

$425.00 Using Money Order or Check - (if we are shipping it to Nevada, add 7.5% tax)

$450.00 Using PayPal- (if we are shipping it to Nevada, add 7,5% tax )

Holley 4500 bolt pattern - Up to 2.125" throttle plate diameter
INCLUDING THE INDICATOR PORT AND DIAL INDICATOR!

$425.00 Using Money Order or Check - (if we are shipping it to Nevada, add 7.5% tax)

$450.00 Using PayPal - (if we are shipping it to Nevada, add 7.5% tax)
Posted By: 73-Dart-sport

Re: Great Day of TNT at Fontana! Love my new ET Genie. - 02/09/12 03:09 AM

While the bolt will keep the throttle from opening all the way, I thought that the accelerator pedal wouldn't be all the way to the floor and pushing it to hard may stretch the throttle cable. How do you keep that from happening? I also thought the etgenie may have been what I was looking for until I remembered I have two four barrels and $850.00 just to slow me down seems like alot. Anyone have any other ideas?
© 2024 Moparts Forums