Moparts

fuel pump relay

Posted By: bonefish

fuel pump relay - 02/01/12 05:41 AM

how far away from the pump are your relays?
Posted By: rebel

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/01/12 05:46 AM

my pump is in the trunk 4" away from the battery, the relay is inbetween. i guess you could say they're close.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/01/12 05:48 AM

Quote:

how far away from the pump are your relays?

About 8"
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/01/12 06:15 AM

About 8 feet actually. I have a relay box in both cars. One has the pump in the trunk and the other has it in the front by the cell.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/01/12 02:14 PM

My battery is in the trunk, relay is right next to it, and the fuel pump is mounted on the frame rail right under the battery.
Posted By: top comp

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/01/12 05:04 PM

my relay is is mounted at the pump in the rear,batt. is in the trunk. main power wire runs from the batt. switch to the relay 16 inches/from the relay to to the pump 6 inches( 12 gauge wire)
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/01/12 05:48 PM

Quote:

My battery is in the trunk, relay is right next to it, and the fuel pump is mounted on the frame rail right under the battery.

DITTO.............
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/01/12 06:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

DITTO.............

Me too
Posted By: jbc426

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/01/12 09:43 PM

Mine are close too. I'm running 2 - 40 amp relays to reduce the electrical load on each one of them.
Posted By: Sport440

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/02/12 01:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

DITTO.............

Me too

DITTO 3
Posted By: jamesc

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/02/12 03:44 AM

right now probably about 50 feet because the pump is in the front of the car which is in the trailer, the relays are in a tackle box in the shop. i don't use a relay for a 7 amp load there's no reason to but to each his own.
Posted By: ahy

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/02/12 04:29 AM

Quote:

Me too. Why do you ask?

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/02/12 04:49 AM

it's worth noting that if people insist on using relays you should switch the relay to ground to operate it that way you don't have another positive circuit running through the car and the potential short that goes with it
Posted By: Sport440

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/02/12 05:01 AM

Quote:

it's worth noting that if people insist on using relays you should switch the relay to ground to operate it that way you don't have another positive circuit running through the car and the potential short that goes with it

I knew thats where you were going with this on your last post. Thats how mine is.

But set up that way, you want to utilize a master cut off.

Re: fuel pump relay - 02/02/12 05:07 AM

Quote:

But set up that way, you want to utilize a master cut off.

absolutely...i know i shouldn't have but assumed that anyone doing this kinda stuff would automatically have a battery disconnect
© 2024 Moparts Forums