Moparts

Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ?

Posted By: Gary Robbins

Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ? - 01/30/12 06:22 PM

Does anybody using the big block pump have any pics they could share on how this thing looks plumbed...The 2 #12 an outlets that run back to where the upper hose goes looks like it could get funky...Any help would be appreciated...Gary
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ? - 01/30/12 06:46 PM

I use one...

Not many good pictures but here is what I have. We made a t fitting for the upper lines.

Clearance with front mount distributor. Had to trim the cap a bit but has not been an issue. Could move it out a bit.

Posted By: rebel

Re: Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ? - 01/30/12 06:50 PM

you mean like this?

Re: Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ? - 01/30/12 06:57 PM

Thanks Al...I was afraid thats what needed to be done and i don't have a radiator with AN fittings Back to the drawing board,a new radiator with AN fittings or install them on mine...

Re: Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ? - 01/30/12 07:00 PM

Quote:

you mean like this?

Yep...May like your setup better...Thanks

Re: Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ? - 01/30/12 07:02 PM

Either of you guys running water back to center of head ?
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ? - 01/30/12 07:05 PM

summit sells the weld on bungs and i had a local shop weld them on for 20$.i am going to use a remot pump tho.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ? - 01/30/12 07:07 PM

Gary I do run water to the center of the heads as well in between the exhaust ports. You can see the lines one photo under the header. You do not have to use AN line just will need a tee it you only have one outlet as I do. I already had the fitting on the radiator from when the Hemi was in the car. You could simply make a tee with slip on hose.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ? - 01/31/12 03:49 AM

I used that water pump as my dyno setup for a few years. We used 1 inch heater hose rather than AN line. It should be easy to have two 1 inch hose inlets welded onto your radiator tank.

If you have a top down radiator then the hose routing is easy. If you have a cross flow radiator then the hoses have to both go over to one side of the car which isn't quite as clean. But either will work just fine.

Attached picture 7045370-DSC_0189(Large).JPG
Posted By: rebel

Re: Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ? - 01/31/12 04:57 AM

Quote:

Either of you guys running water back to center of head ?

i do. i found by drilling a 3/8 hole between the exhaust ports on the gasket made the pyro readings drop closer to the outboard pyro's.
Posted By: go green

Re: Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ? - 01/31/12 05:48 AM

I have been switching back and forth on the reverse flow cooling bandwagon. IMO the only thing you get with a reverse flow is trapped air and no power gains . I can switch mine setup in 5 minutes . ( I used to run a Holley red fuel pump for my cooling system but have switched to solid
heads now )

Posted By: chryco

Re: Meziere Reverse Flow Water Pump Users ? - 02/03/12 03:20 AM

I use the Indy / Mezziere setup and it works great . Overheating is not an issue.
Chryco

© 2024 Moparts Forums