Moparts

OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted

Posted By: robnbird

OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/26/12 02:41 AM

Hey Ineed some input on headers. Iwould like a weld up kit and I have not found anyone who makes one for a hemi. What do you know about this. A friend of mine built some from a BB chevy kit for a tube car.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/26/12 04:39 AM

Check this out

Then just buy some bends and have at it or send them the pattern.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/26/12 03:12 PM

Stahl Headers will sell you a kit with flanges and bends,or a partially assebled kit that is tach welded and you do the final welding.
I would look there for starters,if he does not show what you are looking for,he will steer you in the right direction.
Keith
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/26/12 06:36 PM

It has been a long time, but I bought a kit from Rick Fuller @ R&R Chassis in Louisville. Also Known as "Performance Parts" Craig M. built the headers for me at R&R.
502-447-4881

Mark

Attached picture 7038068-Copyof572Hemitempinstall3-28-09029.jpg
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/26/12 06:48 PM

I know Hedman Headers sells a Hemi kit because I bought one about 7 years ago.......

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/26/12 06:53 PM

thanks I will try him
Posted By: Dabee

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/26/12 08:51 PM

Quote:

Stahl Headers will sell you a kit with flanges and bends,or a partially assebled kit that is tach welded and you do the final welding.
I would look there for starters,if he does not show what you are looking for,he will steer you in the right direction.
Keith

Yep give Stahl a call. I have built several sets of headers using his stuff. I always have him send me the flanges, collectors and what he calls a box of mistakes. It is basically a big b of rejected bends are cast aside during header production in their shop. There is nothing wrong with the bends, they are bends that were a few degrees off and did not fit in the jig so they couldn’t be used. They are cheaper than buying the U and J bends. there are enough bends in the box to build a complete set of headers. I have always had bends left over.

Attached picture 7038264-dabeastheaders011.jpg
Posted By: Dabee

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/26/12 08:54 PM

Here is another set I built using Stahl's a box of mistakes.

Attached picture 7038268-Jun23^79.JPG
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/26/12 09:24 PM

We have done the BB Chevy kits and used Hemi flanges as well as the Hedman kits.Hedman gives you quite a selection of bends and their 3/8 flanges with a 3+ inch stub pipes give you an excellent starting point.You can buy complete slip on collecters and weld or bolt them on and make that part of header making easy.You won't find the mopar kits in Summits cataloge but have to talk to a saleperson.The flange kit is aprox.$175 and the tubing kit is aprox $275.It beats the heck out of a $1200 set of custom headers and most all shelf stock Hemi headers run $800 and up.TTI makes the best fitting shelf headers.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/26/12 09:42 PM

Rob here is the set I have you can hve them cheap if you like. I know you tried to call me a couple of times and I was tied up. They are stainless.

Jimmy
Posted By: Rapid588

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/28/12 05:31 AM

Jimmy, you have a PM

Randy
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/28/12 05:58 AM

Quote:

Jimmy, you have a PM

Randy

I own those headers now.... if you want them let me
know... I'm sure we can work a deal
Posted By: Rapid588

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/28/12 07:41 AM

Quote:

JXXXXy ..... Mike , you have a PM

Randy

Posted By: 572charger

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/30/12 12:55 PM

ive got hooker 2 1/4 hemi headers made for a dart in on my charger !!!! they fit, other than 1 tube on each side that goes around the torsion bars had to be modifide to fit around because they are wider in a b body very easy to do only took about 5 hrs then i sent them out to be coated !!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/30/12 06:16 PM

We use SPD for all the materials to build headers with. Not the cheapest but IMO the best products.

FWIW I have a set of Hemi headers for a strut front car I would let go cheap. They used to be in my Barracuda back when it had a Hemi.

Re: OK -- Hemi weld up header experts wanted - 01/30/12 08:03 PM

what is the tube size and length plus the collector
© 2024 Moparts Forums