Moparts

crank

Posted By: cesar perez

crank - 01/12/12 09:53 PM

u guys running big blocks what is yous opinion on ohio crankshaft
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: crank - 01/12/12 11:40 PM

I've bought ten of them so far and used or sold 6 of them with no problems or come backs to date. I bought the first six in or close to 2002 I haven't bought or used any of there new Billet stel cranks yet, I bought one of there cast 4 inch stroker cranks for my 351 Ford Windsor street rod project motors but I haven't taken it out of the box yet, same thing on a 3 3/4 inch stroker crank for a SB 350 Chevy engine that I bought at the same time. Did you buy one and your machinest tell you it is junk
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: crank - 01/13/12 12:10 AM

i haven't had great luck with them over the years. the journal sizes on the ones i've gotten are always on the big side of the spec, which is not where i want them. fortunately we can take care of that in house but it stinks to have to grind a new crank to make it right. based on my own experience, i won't use one for a combo that'll make significant power, i.e. 900+, i've seen enough broken ones over the years. IMO there are better choices out there. to me, they're a budget friendly entry level crank, for the most part that should work for the "average" street strip crowd.
© 2024 Moparts Forums