Posted By: HEMIFRED

ZEEKER water pump housing - 01/10/12 04:49 AM

got it in a parts buy
What's different than factory?

It appears to be shallower were the pump sits

Attached picture 7010572-tmpphphi3qtM.jpg
Posted By: joshking440

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 01/10/12 05:07 AM

zeeker was involved in teh indy heads design in the begining... if you werent aware

that is all
Posted By: dOoC

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 01/10/12 05:36 AM

Wasn't Zeeker a completely separate company that fell on-hard-times and that sold-out their assets to Indy?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 01/10/12 05:50 AM

Basically its the same... it might be a tad shorter
but still built to Chrysler specs... Zeeker was one
of the better alum casting companies

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 01/10/12 05:52 AM

BTW ...what is the early Mopar alum WPH worth these days ?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 01/10/12 05:54 AM

Quote:

BTW ...what is the early Mopar alum WPH worth these days ?

No clue... you can buy the same thing new... just not
Zeeker
Posted By: Frito

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 01/10/12 12:56 PM

Loren Zeedyke sold his parts business located in Hicksville, Ohio and started Zeeker chassis with Dave Morgan. He then came down with serious cancer, and moved his Zeeker operations to Canton Georgia. Soon after he partenered with Dave Mosley and changed the name to Atlanta Performance Engineering, "APE" before he passed and Mosley took over. I have only seen one other Zeeker water pump and that was at the Moparts Nationals swap meet several years ago.

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 01/10/12 03:01 PM

Quote:

Loren Zeedyke sold his parts business located in Hicksville, Ohio and started Zeeker chassis with Dave Morgan. He then came down with serious cancer, and moved his Zeeker operations to Canton Georgia. Soon after he partenered with Dave Mosley and changed the name to Atlanta Performance Engineering, "APE" before he passed and Mosley took over. I have only seen one other Zeeker water pump and that was at the Moparts Nationals swap meet several years ago.

Wow ... nice history lesson ... and OLE' Dave Morgan has sure been "around".
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 01/10/12 03:37 PM

The Zeeker pump housing was cast to Mopar specs,a lot were machined for motor plates(aprox. 1/4").At one time there were a snub nosed water pump that was available through American Auto Parts.
Posted By: nz383man

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 01/11/12 06:35 AM

I have the heads off Loren Zeedyke's Volare that run 8.0s at 160, so that water pump would look great bolted on my Hemi with them wouldn't it!

Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 01/11/12 07:43 AM

Quote:

I have the heads off Loren Zeedyke's Volare that run 8.0s at 160, so that water pump would look great bolted on my Hemi with them wouldn't it!

PM me if you want to buy it
Posted By: KelbigD

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 04/28/15 03:38 AM

No, Indy stole Zeeks Design.
Posted By: acudanut

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 04/05/19 02:55 AM

I have a Zeeker WP Housing. I bought it new in So. Cali back in the mid eighties. penguin Cost me 250.00 back then. Today's money equals 600.00 bucks.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 04/05/19 03:23 AM

RIP Fred frown

Attached picture 7.15.13 102.jpg
Posted By: Stanton

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 04/05/19 01:38 PM

Today's money equals 600.00 bucks.

You see those dreamers all the time at the swapmeets. They're the guys with the same stuff show after show and always whining that nobody buys anything.
Posted By: rumblefish72

Re: ZEEKER water pump housing - 04/07/19 07:24 PM

For NZ383man ....
Well, HEMIFRED and I both have one of these WP Housings stashed away. I ran that housing back it the 80's ... it worked fine. I've moved to electric water pumps mostly or newer Mopar Performance housings on street motor builds. I saved the ZEEKER housing in case I ever build a 80's type street motor. But you're right, if you have the ZEEKER Hemi heads, the ZEEKER water pump housing belongs on that same motor. If you can't work something out with HEMIFRED, I'll sell you my housing for a reasonable used price but you have to pay the freight to get it shipped all the way to New Zealand from Pittsburgh Pa USA!

Attached picture IMG_2599.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums