Moparts

headers for brodix b1ba / a body

Posted By: barracuda man

headers for brodix b1ba / a body - 01/01/12 03:54 AM

The tti headers won't work.# 7 spark plug is blocked completely.Can someone point me in the right direction.I need headers to fit sb b1ba heads and a 67 barracuda.Looks like the w2 ports on the heads.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: headers for brodix b1ba / a body - 01/01/12 04:45 AM

Im sure some will chime in and tell you you cant run a stock port header on those heads. Ive done it for 15 years. I use a super comp header, cut off the flanges in between the tubes completely, and use a shortened plug socket with an angle ground on the hex side to clear the tube for the plugs.

Re: headers for brodix b1ba / a body - 01/01/12 05:29 AM

Quote:

Im sure some will chime in and tell you you cant run a stock port header on those heads. Ive done it for 15 years. I use a super comp header, cut off the flanges in between the tubes completely, and use a shortened plug socket with an angle ground on the hex side to clear the tube for the plugs.

I been grinding on the tti p-side header 4 hours and it fits great.started on the drivers side and what the F!!1.Wont work without some major fitment.think i'll call headman Tuesday.
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: headers for brodix b1ba / a body - 01/01/12 05:35 AM

I think through the course of the B1-BA head the exhaust port has changed from typical small block port to a chevy style port. It's possible the headers that work with early heads won't work with current ones. The spark plug hole is moved now which also may not have been done in early versions.

Re: headers for brodix b1ba / a body - 01/01/12 05:41 AM

Quote:

I think through the course of the B1-BA head the exhaust port has changed from typical small block port and pattern to a chevy style port and bolt pattern. It's possible the headers that work with early heads won't work with current ones.

Very possible on the bolt pattern. I think the ports are pretty much the same D port design though. Hemphill did mine back in 95 or 96. Dont know about the M/C version. OP, are yours the MC heads? Might be a difference.
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: headers for brodix b1ba / a body - 01/01/12 05:45 AM

M/C's have undrilled pushrod holes and the exhaust bolt holes are also not drilled.

Re: headers for brodix b1ba / a body - 01/01/12 06:25 AM

Quote:

M/C's have undrilled pushrod holes and the exhaust bolt holes are also not drilled.

Hemphill got mine in without the pushrod holes drilled. Angle milled slots in them for w2 setup. They are standard Ba's. All in what you want. The OP's might still be MC's he bought used.

Re: headers for brodix b1ba / a body - 01/02/12 04:39 PM

the heads have d-port exhaust with standard bolt pattern.Will the #75135 hedman headers work on the standard bolt pattern.I know there made for w2 heads but which bolt pattern.
© 2024 Moparts Forums