Moparts

Hughes Engines Rockers

Posted By: reknapp52

Hughes Engines Rockers - 12/28/11 04:37 PM

I just got a set of the Edelbrock Victor heads and will be looking for a set of rockers for them. I see that Hughes Engines offers some that will work, and they are considerably less expensive than the Harland Sharp or T&D rockers. Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they US made?

Attached picture 6988235-LebaronatTexasLODRS.jpg
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: Hughes Engines Rockers - 12/28/11 04:44 PM

No problems on my 360, but I had to notch under near the shaft to get clearance for .620 lift I don't remenber the installed heigth.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Hughes Engines Rockers - 12/28/11 05:06 PM

Hughes makes their own rocker arms now,they bought the tooling from another company. So,yes they are American made. I have no personal experience with them though.
Keith
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Hughes Engines Rockers - 12/28/11 05:50 PM

I've had them on my small blocks for years with no issues. Two years ago when I built my 408 I had to grind the pi$$ out of them to clear the Comp 930 springs. No problems at all so far. I'd buy them again .
Posted By: mistress

Re: Hughes Engines Rockers - 12/28/11 06:21 PM

I am running Max wedge victors with Hughes rockers, have been 4 years now with no problems, also using a comp solid roller cam over 700 lift. My car see's about 150 passes a season. FWIW, i am very pleased with them.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Hughes Engines Rockers - 12/28/11 06:30 PM

I am using them on my bigblock with Indy EZ heads. They are not the offset but these are working great for me. Ron

Posted By: WheelsUp73

Re: Hughes Engines Rockers - 12/28/11 06:35 PM

I run the comp cams pro magnum rockers. I have been running them over 5 years now in my low 10 sec smallblock.(900 plus qtr mile runs). The shafts look like new. These rockers will not break either.
http://youtu.be/t0OVIsU01mg
Posted By: camdog440

Re: Hughes Engines Rockers - 12/28/11 06:46 PM

Quote:

Hughes makes their own rocker arms now,they bought the tooling from another company. So,yes they are American made. I have no personal experience with them though.
Keith

Just a point of clarification on this; Hughes has owned the tooling & programs for their rockers for a while. Probe Industries(USA)was manufacturing the rockers for Hughes as late as 2010 using Hughes owned tooling. Hughes took their tooling & programs back late last year and Probe is no longer the manufacturer.

I don't know where Hughes has them made now. They may have the ability to do it themselves now, IDK.
Posted By: The Sphinx

Re: Hughes Engines Rockers - 12/28/11 08:43 PM

I have a set on my teen, they are made in the USA and they look high quality. I havent fired it up yet so I can't totally judge them.
Posted By: reknapp52

Re: Hughes Engines Rockers - 12/29/11 01:20 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys--I will probably give them a try. The Victor heads require a .650 offset on the intakes, and so far the only companies I've found that offer that offset are Hughes, T&D, and Harland Sharp. I've also heard that the Harland Sharp rockers take a pretty large wrench on the adjusters and are not user-friendly.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Hughes Engines Rockers - 12/29/11 01:27 AM

Quote:

the Harland Sharp rockers take a pretty large wrench on the adjusters and are not user-friendly

??????????????
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Hughes Engines Rockers - 12/29/11 01:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

the Harland Sharp rockers take a pretty large wrench on the adjusters and are not user-friendly

??????????????

yea, not really sure what the mean by THAT!...lol....H/S takes a 1/2" 12 pt wrench and a 3/16" hex...how much " smaller" should it be?...

Hughes did indeed used to have Probe make their rockers. Hughes bought the tooling from Probe ( my sense was Probe was able to make enough money doing the rockers, being it was a small volume for Mopars and Probe also sold the other rocker tooling to a guy in Georgia)). Hughes has ( I believe, Kevin could correct me if I am wrong) another machine shop up their way using their tooling, making the actual rockers for them. I dont think they do them in house.
© 2024 Moparts Forums