Moparts

engine diaper

Posted By: 65dragnet

engine diaper - 12/28/11 01:54 AM

Wow got a call from DRE today about a engine diaper I ordered for my 65 Coronet rb blocked bracket car , $550 ! B.S. ! It was unordered !
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: engine diaper - 12/28/11 03:44 AM

What about all these guys talking about the 100.00 diaper?
Posted By: Dads426

Re: engine diaper - 12/28/11 04:58 AM

Quote:

What about all these guys talking about the 100.00 diaper?

They usually fit a stock style pan, maybe with a few mods. The diaper for our dragster style pan with kickout, oil temp sender, sight glass, drag link tube, external oil line, kevlar shields was about that much ($500 IIRC).
Posted By: joshking440

Re: engine diaper - 12/28/11 06:34 AM

www.russlerii.com

Old guy builds them himself. 165.00 shipped to your door. Send him a dimensionalized drawing of your oilpan and he sends you exactly what you need.

I have bought 2
Posted By: 65dragnet

Re: engine diaper - 12/28/11 05:07 PM

heard some bad rap about Russler. DRE advertizes $169 until you send the form in then it's custom made price. He claims center sump will be custom ,I explained center sump is standard Mopar to no avail. He claims he is the only one making diapers , so that gives him and NHRA the right to gouge. I don't have a problem with making my car safe , but I think having to pay through the nose to make that way is rediculous.
Posted By: dvw

Re: engine diaper - 12/28/11 05:27 PM

Quote:

heard some bad rap about Russler. DRE advertizes $169 until you send the form in then it's custom made price. He claims center sump will be custom ,I explained center sump is standard Mopar to no avail. He claims he is the only one making diapers , so that gives him and NHRA the right to gouge. I don't have a problem with making my car safe , but I think having to pay through the nose to make that way is rediculous.

I purchased a diaper from Russler.My pan is a Charlie's with a center link hole. I sent him a drawing and he sent me a exact duplicate for $169. He also said if it need any alteration he would do it for free. Note: the hardware was plastic so I will change that out. Also it is not super thick Like the SFI diapers. For the price it will give me piece of mind.
Doug

Attached picture 6988305-racecar001.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums