Moparts

Roller Lifter?

Posted By: 604 Hemi GTX

Roller Lifter? - 12/20/11 04:28 AM

Who's solid roller lifters are you using with a stock block, not bushed. big block mopar, isky, comp cams....?
Thanks for any and all info
Kevin
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/20/11 04:36 AM

I stock and sell Crane and Morel for that application. Had great luck with both, use some Comp, but prefer the first two. As with anything, there are other options based on the build requirements.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/20/11 04:42 AM

I've used out of the box Herberts for years...reasonably priced and have been very reliable.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/20/11 04:43 AM

Quote:

Who's solid roller lifters are you using with a stock block, not bushed. big block mopar, isky, comp cams....?
Kevin

I have used Mopars , broke the wheels on several of them before switching Also Comp and Isky with no problems but I now use either the Crane Ultras or Crowers
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/20/11 05:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Kevin

I have used Mopars , broke the wheels on several of them before switching Also Comp and Isky with no problems but I now use either the Crane Ultras or Crowers

Why did you switch away from the Isky Rollers?
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/20/11 05:28 AM

Crane, 66550-16 with pushrod oiling...Tim
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/20/11 06:00 AM

Isky solid body lifters.............7+ years, several thousand miles and re-built once.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/20/11 08:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kevin

All the high end racers(6.66 at 225+MPH in a 2950 lb car) that I know,12 maybe, use either the Crane or Crowers. I quit using Isky because they hadn't made any changes to thier solid roller lifters in a lot of years That was 12 to 15 yrs. ago I haven't use any of the new Isky roller lifters, Thumperdart has

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/20/11 05:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kevin

All the high end racers(6.66 at 225+MPH in a 2950 lb car) that I know,12 maybe, use either the Crane or Crowers. I quit using Isky because they hadn't made any changes to thier solid roller lifters in a lot of years That was 12 to 15 yrs. ago I haven't use any of the new Isky roller lifters, Thumperdart has

If it ain`t broke don`t fix it......... They havn`t changed because they work as intended and I`ve had zero problems w/mine cab except for the fact that I had em re-built after 5 years of street/strip abuse.
Posted By: 604 Hemi GTX

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/20/11 11:19 PM

What kind of spring pressure are you guys running?
Kevin

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/20/11 11:30 PM

I`m only running 235 on the ex. and 240 on the in. seat pressures and about 600+ open because of my .065 wall 3/8`s p-rods otherwise I`d go 270 seat and 700+ open. Driven often on the street for over 7 years. In the beginning I only had 210-220 seat and 520+ open.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/21/11 02:35 AM

The only 2-cents I can offer is:

1) Consider spring pressures, seat and open.
2) Consider lobe profile, including max lift.
3) Consider RPM, and valve train weights (valve, rocker, retainers, etc).
4) Consider race vs street, ie race passes not just years sitting in the garage.
5) Consider rebuild/replacement interval, depends on all the above.

I have seen one guy put more race passes on in 1 year then others in 10 years... Logbook records are important!
There have been lots of improved and more costly roller lifters in the past few years. Consider if you need them, or not.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/21/11 02:36 AM

I use the Comp 848's.Pushrod oil can be used and pressurized oil to the needle bearings.Just had them rebuilt for PM after about 10,000 miles and maybe 100 passes. I had a bad experience with ISKy,Richard will never get a penny from me again
Posted By: robnbird

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/21/11 04:37 AM

CAM MOTION HAS A GOOD ROLLER FOR THE STOCK BLOCK REASONABLY PRICED

Attached picture 6976923-mocar.jpg

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/21/11 05:13 AM

Quote:

I use the Comp 848's.Pushrod oil can be used and pressurized oil to the needle bearings.Just had them rebuilt for PM after about 10,000 miles and maybe 100 passes. I had a bad experience with ISKy,Richard will never get a penny from me again

What happened at Isky if u don`t mind tellin?
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/21/11 05:21 AM

dont buy comp 829-16s...

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/21/11 07:57 AM

Quote:

So again, was your problem w/the rollers or the company...........from your past rants maybe it was just YOU!

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/21/11 02:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

So again, was your problem w/the rollers or the company...........from your past rants maybe it was just YOU!

Back when Isky came out with the Red Zone lifters,I was interested with the new design.I was on the phone with their "tech" department at least 5 times with my blown hemi valve train requirements.I wanted the pressureized oil to the needle because that's what caused my lifter failure because of my street driving and valve spring pressures.I purchased the cam,springs & red zones and they were expensive.I got the cam,springs,locks,retainers and lash caps 1st and the lifters was to follow.When the lifters arrived,there was no orifice to allow pressurized oil into the lifter body When I 1st called to ask about it,I was told the BB & hemi did not come with that option Why was I never told???All the advertising said all RED ZONES LIFTERS had it.I ended up on the phone with the owner Richard.He 1st told me he had no others in stock to send,but if I sent mine back that he would drill the hole into the lifter body and REBUILD MY BRAND NEW lifters for $150.When I got into it with him as to why it did not have it in the first place,he told me he builds these for Jim Oddy and jim said it's not needed.I told him I'm not Jim and wanted it done at NO CHARGE in the interest of custermer satisfaction.He said"just send my s@#$T back to me.Too bad I already installed the cam,degreed it in and installed the springs or I would have sent those back too.

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/21/11 05:11 PM

I too had issues w/them in the beginning and let them know that I was an hour drive away and MORE than willing to deal w/this in person. They too sent me back the Red-Zones that don`t work in un bushed blocks,sent me full body lifters that did, paid next day shipping for p-rods and sent me a shirt. All companies fall short at times but they made it right so I`ll keep using em till I move far enuff away that I can`t pay them a personal visit.

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/22/11 02:24 AM

Quote:

I too had issues w/them in the beginning and let them know that I was an hour drive away and MORE than willing to deal w/this in person. They too sent me back the Red-Zones that don`t work in un bushed blocks,sent me full body lifters that did, paid next day shipping for p-rods and sent me a shirt. All companies fall short at times but they made it right so I`ll keep using em till I move far enuff away that I can`t pay them a personal visit.

Well,after that wonderfull experience with the owner I figured I would drop them in and send them back for the rebuild after a season or two.Went to mock up a cylinder to measure for push rods,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the link bar hit the top of the lifter boss on the siamesed mopar mega-block.I surrendered and sent them back

Attached picture 6978340-119-1901_IMG.JPG
Posted By: juicedcuda

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/22/11 02:42 AM

Quote:

dont buy comp 829-16s...

Why do you say that?

Re: Roller Lifter? - 12/22/11 03:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Well,after that wonderfull experience with the owner I figured I would drop them in and send them back for the rebuild after a season or two.Went to mock up a cylinder to measure for push rods,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the link bar hit the top of the lifter boss on the siamesed mopar mega-block.I surrendered and sent them back

You do what ya gotta do............they either work or they don`t.
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Comp Elite - 12/22/11 04:07 AM

What about these new comp Elites?

http://www.compcams.com/Products/CC-%27Elite%20Race%27-0.aspx?AID=3236

Attached picture 6978568-elite.png

Re: Comp Elite - 12/22/11 06:49 AM

I could see upgrading to those on my next cam change
© 2024 Moparts Forums