Moparts

When to buy parts, Now or....

Posted By: mikeysmopars

When to buy parts, Now or.... - 12/10/11 02:04 AM

Better to buy parts for next race season now or wait to see if Summit or Jegs will do any sales codes. What are you guys doin that are on a budget?

Attached picture 6959321-IMG_1641.JPG
Posted By: topside

Re: When to buy parts, Now or.... - 12/10/11 02:08 AM

I try to prioritize, buying stuff I need for mock-ups or stuff that determines other aspects of the build first, as well as things that have long lead times or are subject to delays; then the other stuff when there's either a sale or as the need arises.
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: When to buy parts, Now or.... - 12/10/11 02:11 AM

prices typically go up after the 1st of the year from the manufacturers, so keep that in mind.
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: When to buy parts, Now or.... - 12/10/11 02:14 AM

Thats why I was hoping for the codes this year
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: When to buy parts, Now or.... - 12/10/11 02:17 AM

If you need anything "special" order it now and maybe you'll have it by March.

Dan (Performance Only) did a great job getting me parts as fast as possible.

A lot of the manufacturers close down everything with the possible exception of sales for an extended period right around now, until they decide to open back up again.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: When to buy parts, Now or.... - 12/10/11 02:30 AM

Dont hold your breath on the Summit Codes. I was told the 10% off codes wont happen, Sucks too.
If I have the money I try to buy the big stuff firs..
A few months ago I had $10K to start a new race car project. I spend half on the car (roller) and had half to start buy engine parts.
The top end was the first to buy, and probably the most money too. So I buy the top end and rotating assembly...
Now I have a good start on the engine. I pick up a cam here, a Dominator there, converter etc...
The $300-$500 licks I can handle once or twice a month or so... I dont buy any parts with Credit Cards, never have.
Those $2K-$3K licks are hard on a working man salary.
Nothing wrong with buying swap meet parts either, I know some dont, but stuff like gauges, rear end parts, ignition box's, even internal engine parts if you know what your getting...
Posted By: tboomer

Re: When to buy parts, Now or.... - 12/10/11 02:57 AM

What Bob says... I don't think Summit is gonna have a deal..I need a few things..like a new helmet. I also noted that I did not get new cylinder heads from Ames,Iowa!!
Posted By: Phil Saran

Re: When to buy parts, Now helmets - 12/10/11 03:07 AM

I've found the better pricing on helmets on ebay.
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: When to buy parts, Now helmets - 12/10/11 03:57 AM

it really stinks that summit is not doing the codes this year. I really need wheels and waited all year for that. we buy from them all year at full price without complaining and you would think they would help us out ONCE a year.
© 2024 Moparts Forums