Moparts

Got my new free truck yesterday!

Posted By: Rhinodart

Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/08/20 01:38 AM

So I was transporting a truck for a Moparts member down to Florida when my wife's cousin tells me that if I am down here to come pick up his old truck! It seems that Florida has a law that if you quit driving a vehicle you have to surrender the plates but have to keep insurance on it or you may lose your license! eek He told me that when he purchased his new truck that they were only going to give him a couple hundred dollars for his old one, so he said come get it! 2001 DODGE Ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 Cummins automatic. Sure it has some damage but NO rust, runs good, 204,000 miles, new hydro boost and tires, Interior is trashed but I can fix that easily, Did I mention it was FREE! boogie

Attached picture 2001 Cummins Ram.jpg
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/08/20 01:50 AM

Whoop, whoop! Can't beat free! boogie

Gonna flip it?
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/08/20 02:02 AM

He'll flip after he blows up the tranny. whistling Sorry Jim I couldn't resist.
Nice score.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/08/20 02:16 AM

Worth every penny you paid for it. grin

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/08/20 02:23 AM

Of course the trans is the only thing I am worried about, but no reason to flip it! I got offered $5K today at the Garlits swap, not gonna happen... laugh
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/08/20 11:08 AM

Sweet! up
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/08/20 04:17 PM

Good things happen to good People. Good stuff Rhino. up
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/08/20 08:54 PM

Nice find Jim! Even if the body is just a little rough ,and the dash was gone, but the no rust is a huge plus in this Chi area. Looks like long bed, but who cares. When you DO decide to flip it, that would still be a desireable truck. Trans's can be repaired....
Posted By: volaredon

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/09/20 12:59 AM

for free/ I hate you......
Posted By: Devil

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/09/20 05:59 PM

Very nice!
Posted By: OrangeProwler

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/09/20 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by volaredon
for free/ I hate you......

Same as you haha.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/10/20 06:09 PM

Nice!!!

DId you hit the crappy weather we are getting in the southern half?
Posted By: 360view

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/11/20 01:48 PM

After a string of bad luck with transmissions
you deserve some “free Cummins” good luck?

Now “check six” often for a new visit of +/- luck
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/12/20 01:02 AM

Hey Jim, are you going to lower the truck???? eek catfight

BAHAAHAA!!!! Couldn't resist! whistling devil

Looks like a nice ride for the price you paid! The last free car I got I took right to the junk yard, didn't even stop at home first. Gene

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/12/20 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Nice!!!

DId you hit the crappy weather we are getting in the southern half?

Hit some nasty storms south of Atlanta but after that it was smooth sailing. Now we will see how it is heading south again tomorrow, hopefully the hurry-cane will decide to head back out to the Gulf! luck
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/17/20 11:57 PM

The way it works is if you cancel your insurance you have to surrender the tag or they will suspend your license. You do not need to keep insurance on a non tagged vehicle.

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/19/20 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by blewbyu
The way it works is if you cancel your insurance you have to surrender the tag or they will suspend your license. You do not need to keep insurance on a non tagged vehicle.

And in Ilinoise if you surrender your tag they will ticket your vehicle if it is parked at your house and eventually tow it!
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/19/20 01:10 AM

Ya drop that [censored] on the ground and put on some 28" wheels. boogie grin
How do you guys live with such Nazi laws??? Anyone try's to tow one of my vehicle will get their tow truck all shot up.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Got my new free truck yesterday! - 11/19/20 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by blewbyu

And in Ilinoise if you surrender your tag they will ticket your vehicle if it is parked at your house and eventually tow it!

Well, in FL you can't just leave an untagged uninsured vehicle in your driveway or on the street. It generally needs to be covered, stored in a garage or behind a fence or other covering. These are local ordinances though so they can differ. However they won't just come and tow it away either. You will get notices, fines and numerous visits from code enforcement first. Now here in WV there is a saying, "It lies where it dies." laugh2
© 2024 Moparts Forums