Moparts

Under Bed Fuel Tank

Posted By: dart4forte

Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/03/19 04:15 PM

74 Dodge short box step side. I plan on running fuel injection. Who’s running a custom fuel tank under the bed between the frame rails. Looking for vendors, tank capacity and any other information, Any information is appreciated.
Posted By: ++MAX WEDGE++

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/04/19 01:00 AM

FYI.... I'm running into the same problem and will be aluminum tig welding up a fuel tank off the spec of a plastic tank I have lying around.

up
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/04/19 01:03 AM

I would suggest taking some measurements and do on online search for an aluminum tank.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/04/19 01:19 PM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...79-fuel-tank-relocation.html#Post2654614
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/04/19 01:23 PM

I guess he's asking the same question twice because the first time he didn't mention fuel injection?

shruggy

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/04/19 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

I guess he's asking the same question twice because the first time he didn't mention fuel injection?

shruggy
Yes, might be correct. We did start to touch on custom tanks too so maybe it'll help. up
Posted By: savoy64

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/04/19 02:07 PM

a regular stock frame rail tank fits right in there--unless you think dual exhausts will interfere--after that i would use a jeep grand cherokee black plastic tank that fits between the rear frame rails----it already had mopar fuel injection pump on it......ramcharger tanks are a little hard to source----old jeeps are everywhere...

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/04/19 08:55 PM

My driver's side under bed tank obstructed dual exhausts on my '79 W150. I didn't see any way to do it unless I ran side by side pipes on passenger side, which I didn't want. And, exhaust shop wouldn't do anything anyhow on driver's side because pipe would be too close to tank to be safe. So I'm just running off the in cab tank until I come up with a solution for outside tank.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/04/19 11:50 PM

There are plenty of rust bucket Ram Chargers out there available for parts. If you take your time and shop around you can probably find a fuel injected 92-93 like I did for near the price of a custom aluminum fuel tank. Plus you get the mounting cross members and a bunch of spare parts. I'm using mine for the MPI Magnum, HVAC, seats, dash, tilt column, intermittent wipers, power windows, locks and more to upgrade my crew.

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/05/19 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
There are plenty of rust bucket Ram Chargers out there available for parts. If you take your time and shop around you can probably find a fuel injected 92-93 like I did for near the price of a custom aluminum fuel tank. Plus you get the mounting cross members and a bunch of spare parts. I'm using mine for the MPI Magnum, HVAC, seats, dash, tilt column, intermittent wipers, power windows, locks and more to upgrade my crew.
I think you're right; I can probably find '92/'93 not too terribly far, just not anything much earlier. Florida has so much rain and dampness, these have disappeared from even the yards. But I'll have to find the time soon to search more for myself. He is in Arizona so ought to be a lot easier for him to find some in yards.

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/07/19 10:28 PM

I got lucky and found a nice 2WD '93 RC down around Clearwater for $2K the only thing really bad about it was the roof rust. There won't be much of it going to waste because what I don't use my son will use on his W150.

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/08/19 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
I got lucky and found a nice 2WD '93 RC down around Clearwater for $2K the only thing really bad about it was the roof rust. There won't be much of it going to waste because what I don't use my son will use on his W150.
I wish I could do a full vehicle, but I can't do that again. I did it once and had five cars. I covered the parts car with a nice green in color car cover, but of course the HOA was up my a** in no-time. I understand if I was leaving it for a long time, but I wasn't. I was stripping it quickly and keeping it covered when not actively working on it.

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/08/19 08:47 PM

That is why I won't buy a house where there is an HOA.

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/08/19 10:14 PM

It really narrows things down though. And, you take the good with the bad.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Under Bed Fuel Tank - 06/09/19 03:51 AM

Whats that old real estate slogan? Location. Location. Location.
When you get with the fancy pants neighbours, they think they have a right to tell you how to live.

I intentionally bought a house with a business zoning. Since I'm running a business here, I have a lot more leeway as to what I can do. I do get along with my neighbours, I've helped every one of them in my immediate area at some time, so that helps my cause a lot as well. About every 2-3 years we get a new Nuisance Inspector I have to educate though. When they discover I'm right, they back off a lot. This street I live on is nearly 20 blocks long, my place is the only business property on the street. Gene
© 2024 Moparts Forums