Moparts

rusted cab mount

Posted By: rich006

rusted cab mount - 02/20/19 06:51 PM

I'm shopping for my first truck and I've found a 1970 D100 with the right "feel." The seller says it has a thumb-sized hole in one cab mount that he thinks could be patched with a 2" by 1" piece of metal. First of all, does that sound realistic? Second, what's involved in patching a cab mount? Would I have to lift up the cab? How do you do that? I'm waiting for a picture before I go look in person. Any other comments on a truck like this? Here are some pics for fun.

Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: rusted cab mount - 02/20/19 07:36 PM

Cab mounts are a known problem, repair parts are available. About a third of the way down in this link:

http://www.exlinecustomauto.com/custom-services.html
Posted By: rich006

Re: rusted cab mount - 02/21/19 12:07 AM

I did see that the parts are available. How hard is the job? If I have to lift the cab, how do people do that?
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: rusted cab mount - 02/21/19 02:38 AM

Wait for his picture before thinking much of it. Depending on how bad the rust is you could probably make up a piece yourself or have someone local fix it for a good price.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: rusted cab mount - 02/21/19 03:52 AM

I also vote to see what the pictures show for the cab mounts. Have him take pictures of both lower door hinge areas as well, those are known rust areas. Gene
© 2024 Moparts Forums